Twenty-seven.

The Night and the Sun

Jung min took off his blue sweater, set it on the ground next to Jiyoung and carefully laid Emily down on top of it. Jiyoung tilted hear head, watching Jung Mins gentle acts towards the girl. "Would you mind lending her your jacket?" He asked. Vampires didn't feel cold so he didn't think much of it. Jiyoung took off her beige striped fleece jacket and covered Emily with it. Jung Min carefully lifted Emilys head and placed it on his lap, slowly caressing her hair. "She goes through so much just because she moved to the wrong country and met the wrong people." He mumbled to himself. Jiyoung raised her brows curiously. "What is she to you?" Jung Min jumped a bit, as if her question had startled him. He was quiet for a while, thinking before replying. "I don't know honestly." He finally sighed. "I just get this really comfortable feeling around her lately." He shifted his gaze from Jiyoung to Emilys sleeping face. "It's weird. It's against all of my instincts and principals." Jiyoung felt jealousy raise it's ugly head inside her. "Do you.. Love her? She hesitatingly asked. "Human and vampire cannot be. It's doomed to fail before it even starts." He simply replied. He said and laid down on his back, crossing his arms behind his head. Jiyoung laid down beside him, on her side so she could see him. "What about two vampires then?" Jung Min smiled at her question. "People like that would be so lucky. It'd be beautiful, everlasting love." He turned his head to face Jiyoung. "What do you think?" Jiyoung blinked a few times. "I love you." She blurted out, shocking Jung Min. "What?" He replied louder than he ment to. Jiyoung bit her lip and nodded. "You heard me." Jung Min was speechlessly staring at Jiyoung when Emily shot up from his lap. "What on earth.." She mumbled. Jung Min switched his attention to her. "You're finally awake. How are you feeling?"  Emily moved her body, as if she was testing that it still cooperates with her. "I'm feeling just fine." She ran her fingers on her neck and nodded. "Yea, feeling fine.. What did you?" She asked. Jung Min smiled at her cluelessness. "I told you she could help you didn't I?" Emily rolled her eyes. "Yea but how?" Jung Min shook his head. "Can you walk? I'll take you home." He stopped up and offered her his hand for support. She gladly accepted it and stood up. "Thanks." she said.  "Jiyoung? You coming or..?" Jung Min asked. She shook her head. "No.. I'll just see you later okay?" She was hurt and wanted to be alone, but didn't let it show. Emily bowed down and thanked Jiyoung sincerely. "Ah don't mention it." Jiyoung shrugged it off, waving the two of them goodbye.

 

We walked back to my house in silence. His cold hand was holding mine the whole time, and I didn't mind it. Knowing he's different was scary, but what was overcoming the fear, was his kindness. He was always there to help me, and his acts towards me were always gentle. How am I supposed to act around him, or them? My instincts kept telling me it's not safe and I should stay away, but I keep getting drawn to them, and I keep thinking about them.. Him. I don't know anymore. "No one even taught you that staring isn't very nice thing to do?" He smirked. I flushed red. "Sorry." I stuttered and looked straight forward instead of his face, causing him to laugh lightly. "It's okay, I was just kidding. Stare all you want." He said. I peeked at his face, seeing him look straight into my eyes while smiling brightly, set butterflies free down in my stomach. "How's Hyung Jun?" I changed the subject. "He's okay, worried though. If you ever feel like you're ready to meet him, just let me know." He said with a smile. "All right, I will." I returned his smile. "We're here. Thanks you for walking me.. Thank you for everything." He shook his head. "It's nothing. Go now." He waved his hand while I went in. I peeked out of the window, to get a last glance at him, but he wasn't there no more.

 
 
"You're back." Kyu Jong stated as soon as Jung Min entered the house. He nodded. "Hyungs are back too I see. I'll go see Hyun Joong." Jung Min said and disappeared upstairs.
 
He entered the room without knocking, he knew Hyun Joong heard him anyway. The older one turned away from the window he had been looking out from to face Jung Min and he nodded his head slightly to say hi. "How are things?" He asked. Jung Min sat down on Hyun Joongs brown leather couch before answering. "It's all right." Hyun Joong raised his brows. "You trust her?" He asked. "Jung Min slightly shook his head. "I don't exactly trust her, but she hasn't done anything to alarm us. She hasn't told anyone, neither has she tried to." He paused and ran his fingers on the soft leather. "I'd like to wait a bit more, like this." He suggested. Hyun Joong was surprised. "So you consider telling her the truth at some point then?" Jung Min shrugged. "I don't know." Hyun Joong leaned his chin on his palm and nodded. "Okay. But keep good watch on her. We don't want her talking about unnecessary things."
 
 
Jiyoung walked around, following Jung Mins and Emilys scents, them leading her to Moores mansion. She stopped at the white marble gate. "She lives here? Pretty close to Jung Mins." She walked around the yard, yet staying far enough that no one would be likely to see her. She was studying the house, taking in all it's features. The neatly groomed garden, clean big windows, the shape of the house. Why did she do that? She didn't know herself. "This is stupid." She shook her head and took a last glance at the house when someone tapped on her shoulder. "Found you!" Cheerful voice said behind her.