Twenty-one.

The Night and the Sun

 

Hyung Jun threw the bloodstained piece of cloth into a fireplace and watched it burn. He was trying to figure a way out of this mess, but the best idea he could think of, was telling the truth. But he knew too well how risky it would be, and what the others would think of it. They would object, for sure. He shook his head and sighed. "This is too complicated." He mumbled and dig his cell phone out of his pocket. He dialled the number he wanted to call and held the phone up against his ear. After a few seconds, he heard surprised voice pick up the call. "Hyung." He said with a serious tone. The other end was dead silent. "You should come home. As soon as possible." 
 
The call was ended pretty quickly, and Hyung Jun sat down on the floor in front of the big fireplace they had in their living room. He was scratching his head, trying to figure what he should say to Emilys family. He had no clue how long it would take for her to recover, or how long it'd take for her to wake up even. He could say that she fell asleep while they were watching a movie or something, but then she would be expected to go back tomorrow at latest. Or he could make up some stuff they needed her help with and she'd be staying for a while but they might wanna talk to her. What was he supposed to say then? That she's unable to come at this moment but she would definitely call them soon? Those would all be lies, and he didn't like being dishonest. After thinking about it a bit more, he kept coming up with even worse ideas, and he just decided to go with the first one to buy them more time. He'd think about it again later tonight, or tomorrow.
 
 
After the phone call, Hyun Joong put his phone away and rubbed his temples. Hyung Jun hadn't told him any specifics, but for him to call them back, it had to be urgent. He wasn't someone who would do that for no reason. "What's wrong?" Young Saeng asked . "Oh you're back? We need to go back home." Hyun Joong replied. They hadn't had the chance to refill their blood supplied yet, but that would have to wait. Young Saeng looked at his friend worriedly. "What happened?" Hyun Joong shook his head while gazing away. "I'm not sure. But it's something is wrong, badly." Young Saeng nodded to show that he understood. "It's going to take us at least a day, probably two to get back." He stated. Hyun Joong looked at him and nodded. "I know, that's why we have to leave now. I have a bad feeling about this." That said, he grabbed everything he had brought with him, which wasn't much and started heading towards the door. "I'll check us out, and we'll leave right away." Young Saeng didn't see a reason to say anything more, he just followed his friends example and grabbed his stuff and swiftly followed him.
 
 
Jung Min was still quietly watching over her. He didn't plan on moving from her side until she would wake up, no matter how long it would take. His eyes kept wandering to her neck, to the two small wounds where his brothers fangs had pierced through. He knew those two tiny wounds would be very painful once she wakes up, and it would take a long time for them to heal. He had heard the pain was very intense. It had been described as if the skin was burning from there, like hundreds of burning needles on your neck. And if your pain tolerance wasn't remarkably high, you'd probably want to put an end to it voluntarily. He didn't want her life to end that way. "You'll survive, right?" He whispered. He was sincerely hoping he would have the power to heal wounds, like Jiyoung did. But he was not gifted with such a power. No one knew exactly how they got their powers, or why they were so very different from each others, They just got them at some point of their lives, some sooner, some later, some had more unique abilities, some had none. But to be able to heal a person, was very unique, and rare. You probably wouldn't meet two people in your lifetime with such a power. Even if you were a vampire and it was possible that you would never die, you probably wouldn't meet such a person as Jiyoung. Jung Min had been very surprised to find out about her ability at first, he never thought he would get to see that happen, a vampire healing human beings wounds, instead of inflicting them. Also, Jiyoung was so young. He definitely didn't expect so much from her. "I wish she was here." He mumbled and placed his hands on the bed, and leaned his cheek on them, eyeing Emily. "Such a bad luck you have." He sighed. "You met our kind, became friends with our kind, got attacked by our kind. You shouldn't have seen any of that. You should just live normal happy life." He closed his eyes and cursed the fate for bringing her into their life. It was like throwing a sun into endless night that would swallow it and make it miserable.