Ten.

The Night and the Sun

 

Friday evening came much too soon. I was terrified. Everyone in the house was excited to have Paige back, but not me. They said she is a really kind person, and I'd love her for sure but, it was scary. I walked around the house without stopping at all, I couldn't stand still knowing she could walk in any minute. I was passing by the front door when I heard footsteps outside. I froze on the spot. I wanted to run away. What if she'd hate me? I mean, her father did cheat on her mother with my mother, and I was the result of that. The door cracked open, and slowly it opened all the way. I found myself facing a man. He was around forty years old, handsome, and his eyes were green. Gary. My eyes widened and I wanted to run away even more now. I was already nervous enough to meet Paige, but now I got her and her father in one day? I took a step back. He didn't say anything, neither did I. We just stared at each other till Rose noticed he had came and hurried to greet him. As Rose and Gary were talking, a girl appeared. Paige. The daughter and the father smiled at each other and hugged. I turned around and hurried upstairs. That right there, had been too much for me to handle. I couldn't do this, I wasn't ready. I just wanted to pack my things and go home. Or go anywhere, as long as it's not here. Without thinking I grabbed my phone and called Hyung Jun.
 
No one noticed me when I sneaked out to meet him, or so I thought.
 
"Where's Emily? I really want to meet her properly." Paige was talking to Abbey. "Oh she's probably upstairs, in her room. I'll tell her to come down!" Abbey hurried towards the stairs after finishing her sentence, and she bumped into someone. "She's not there." Damian said quietly, helping Abbey back on her feet. She looked at him and was about to ask where she is then, but he was quicker to talk. "She had something urgent, she had to hurry out. She said she's very sorry she didn't get to greet them properly though. Will you relay this message to them?" Abbey nodded. "Yes sure!" And she ran back again. Damian sighed. He saw her shocked face when Paige and Mr Moore came. He saw her basically running upstairs. He understood she wanted to hide. It must've been too much for her to meet those two at the same time. So she sneaked out, and she probably thought nobody would notice she was missing. Damian was debating if he should go after her or let her be alone. He was a bit worried since he didn't exactly know how familiar she was with the area, or how upset she actually was. He looked into the living room, where everyone was gathered. His eyes stopped at Miss Paige. She had gotten even more beautiful. Even though he was worried about Emily, he couldn't help it. One look at Paige was enough to make him stay. He didn't get to see her very often. And yes, he was helplessly in love with her. He knew he had no hope, she would never see him, a mere servant, as a man. She was very kind towards everyone always, but how Gary had raised her, would play big part on how she'd choose her man. She had always been taught that she should choose someone equal to her, at least. Which means the man would have to be from same social class,  or even higher, never lower. And Paige had always listened her father very well. So Damian was definitely out of the question. She was so much out of his league that he wouldn't even dream of confessing to her, he only watched her from a far.
 
 
"Hyung." Hyung Jun said to Hyun Joong. "I'm going to meet her." Hyun Joong wasn't surprised at all. He slowly nodded his head. "Okay, but I'll come as well." Hyung Jun wasn't expecting that. "I thought you didn't want to get involved with humans?" He asked the older one. "I don't" He replied. "But if you do, I gotta make sure it'll go all right." That said they both left and went to the meeting spot Hyung Jun had told Emily to meet him at. They were there much earlier than she was, of course, since their moving speed was superior compared to human walking, or even running.
 
 
I have no idea what we going to do, but as long as it's not that house, I'm happy. The sun was already setting as I was walking. The sky was turning red, It was really pretty. I was in a daze, looking at the sunset while walking, and I bumped into someone.
 
 
Hyung Jun was kicking the rocks around. "She sure is taking her time." He complained. He looked at his cell. "It's already been half an hour. Even human shouldn't take this long." Hyun Joong nodded. "I'll go check if I find her. You wait here in case she comes all right?" Hyung Jun nodded and kept kicking the rocks around as Hyun Joong left. He was moving swiftly, looking for any traces of her. He recognized her scent pretty soon, close by. He started moving towards the scent and saw her being carried by.. An unknown vampire. He immediately stopped and hid himself. In this town, there was no others of their kind residing, and even if there was, he should be aware of it. It was general knowledge amongst them to introduce yourself to the older residents as a newcomer. So who was this person? And why was she carrying this girl? She seemed unharmed, unconscious though, so Hyun Joong kept following this unknown female vampire. Following her for good ten minutes, which was long time considering their speed, she went into an old storage building. He didn't follow her in, instead he concentrated on listening. He wanted to know if she was alone before he'd decide what to do next. Even if their group wanted to live peaceful life, there were vampires that didn't have similar ways of living. He didn't exactly have to save the girl, but he knew he should. He knew Hyung Jun thought of this girl as a friend already, and if weird things started happening around the town, it wouldn't be good for his group either. He listened for a while, and he could count two people inside. And suddenly, he heard one more person moving close by where he was.