Twenty-six.

The Night and the Sun

 

"You did what?" Young Saeng yelled, not believing his ears. He looked at Kyu Jong eyes wide open. Kyu Jong looked very uncomfortable and was pacing around, sneaking quick glances at Young Saengs expression. He saw it slowly turning from shocked to angry. "You did what exactly?"  By now he was beyond angry, and he locked his flaming eyes on Kyu Jong. "I.." He stuttered. "Calm down dude, he didn't want it to happen any more than.." Hyung Jun got cut by Young Saengs growl. "Shut up. Don't get involved." Hyung Jun  gave apologetic look to Kyu Jong who was clearly scared. "What the were you thinking?" Young Saeng hissed. "I.." Kyu Jong didn't have any way to explain, there was no excuses for what he did. "I'm sorry." He whispered and lowered his gaze. "You're sorry? You damn right should be!" Young Saeng yelled and grabbed Kyu Jongs arm and with one effortless swing he threw the younger one towards the wall. Hard. Kyu Jong crashed on the wall followed by loud bang, causing the wall to crack. "Stop it!" Hyung Jun yelled and grabbed Young Saengs hand. "You're going too far now!" Young Saeng was furious. He pulled his hand away away from Hyung Juns grip and raised it against him, but got stopped by Hyun Joong. "Enough." He calmly said. All three of them turned their faced towards the doorway Hyun Joong had appeared at. "Where's Jung Min?" He asked. "Watching Emily." Hyung Jun replied. Hyun Joong nodded slowly. "Good. Let's wait for him to get back then, before fighting any more over this. He should know how worried we should be, really." He said and left, followed by Young Saeng. Hyung Jun turned to Kyu Jong. "Are you okay?" He worried. Kyu Jong nodded. "That went better than I thought it would."
 
 
"Hey you okay?" I heard low voice ask. I turned my head around to see Ethan looking at me with worried expression. "Mhm, never better. What's up?" I lied. In fact for the past two days I've been feeling like I have gone through hell and came back, several times. "You seem to be kinda off your game lately. Something bothering you?" He asked. I shook my head and forced out a smile. "I've just been a little tired that's all." He raised his brows. "Ah okay.. Do you have plans for the weekend? We're going to see the new horror movie tomorrow, would you like to come?" Horror movie huh. If I recall right it was a vampire movie too. I found myself touching the burning spot on my neck. I had covered the marks with a scarf but the pain couldn't be covered that easily.  "I guess I could go." I gave him a faint smile. "It should be more fun than hanging at home when everyone's stressing about Paytons birthday party. What time?" I agreed. "Seven o'clock. Should I pick you up?" He offered. "Ah that would be great, if it's not too much trouble." I said. "Alright then, I'll pick you up half an hour before?" I nodded. He turned away, about to take his leave, but stopped half way and looked back into my eyes. "Cheer up okay?" He flashed a bright smile. I nodded and sent him off with a smile.
 
 
"You shouldn't hang out with her." Jack stopped Ethan. "Huh? Didn't see you there. Were you spying on us?" Ethan chuckled. "Jealous?" Jack rolled his eyes. "Not one bit. She is a freak." He spit out. "Eh?" Ethan was surprised. He had thought Jack was actually interested in Emily. "Just stay away from her all right? You don't want to get involved with likes of her. She's even close with those Chinese freaks." Ethan raised his brows. "Who?" He asked, but before Jack could reply, he continued. "Scratch that, I don't care. It's none of your business who she's friends with, now is it? Did you get rejected by her or why are you acting so immature?" Jacks expression turned angry. "Like I would even be interested in a like her." He growled. "Watch your words dude." Ethan warned him. "Why? you like her?" Jack laughed. Ethan glared at his friend. "She's a nice girl, I doubt she has done anything to deserve such a harsh words from you." Jack smirked. "So you do like her eh?" 
 
 
Jung Min was watching Emily sit on the floor by the window, but his ears were focused on the conversation between the two guys. Even hearing Jacks voice ticked him off. But hearing Ethan stand up for her, surprised him. Even though, what surprised him more was the sting of jealousy he felt. He wanted to be the one to defend her instead. He glanced at the guys, and then back at Emily who was focusing her attention on a History book. "That's right.. A guy like him would suit you much better." He whispered so quietly, human ears wouldn't be able to hear it. Suddenly he heard someone coming towards him, and he stiffened up, waiting. The person was moving too fast to be a human being. "Oppa, what are you doing?" He heard and saw Jiyoung from the corner of his eye. "When did you get back?" He asked casually, ignoring her question. "I thought you and your friends were just passing through." Jiyoung pouted. "Good to see you too." Jung Min chuckled. "Aw cute." He ruffled her hair playfully. "It's always good to see you kiddo." Jiyoung smiled happily and followed his gaze. "What are you looking at? That girl?" She asked curiously, hoping that wasn't the case. "Mhmm." He nodded. "Why?" She didn't understand why he'd be interested in human beings whereabouts. Jung Min let out a deep heavy sigh. "A lot happened after you left." He bit his teeth together and furrowed his brows when he saw Emily rubbing her neck once again, with very unpleased expression on her face. "Jiyoung. Would you maybe.. Mind helping her?" He mumbled.  "Help her? How?" She asked and studied Emilys posture. "She looks like she's okay to me." She said, clueless. Jung Min pointed at his own neck. Jiyoungs eyes widened and she looked back at Emily, and then realized she was holding her neck, which was covered with turquoise scarf. "You didn't.. Did you?" She whispered under her breath. Jung Min shook his head. "Not me." Jiyoung sighed in relief. She didn't want Jung Min to turn into that kind of a person. "Then who?" She whispered, still staring at Emily. "That doesn't matter does it?" Jung Min replied gently. "All right. Let's go then?" Jiyoung asked. "Hum, I'll talk to her first okay? Don't want to scare her." Jung Min said and as Jiyoung nodded to show that it was okay, he walked away.
 
"Emily?" My body stiffened up upon hearing his voice. I looked up from my book and saw him only metre away from me. How did he get there without me noticing? I looked around to see if there was people around but the halls were empty. "What are you doing here?" I quietly asked. Somehow his whole existence felt like a big secret. "There's someone I'd like you to meet." He replied. I rolled my eyes. "Do I want to meet this person?" He sat down next to me. "Yes and no." I raised my brows, waiting for him to explain further. "She can help you." He whispered. "I don't need any help?" I didn't understand what he was talking about. He gently touched my neck, sending shivers through my body. "She can help with this." Before I got the chance to reply, the bell rang. "I have to get to class." I stood up and looked down at him. "Let's meet up after school?" I hesitatingly said. A smile formed on his face and he nodded. "I'll wait for you right here." 
 
 
After the classes, I went back to where he said he'd wait for me and found him sitting at the same spot. "You really did wait huh." I said. "Of course." He simply replied. He stood up and offered me his hand. "Let's go?" He said. I reached for his hand and he led me outside where I saw pretty girl standing alone. He was walking towards her. "This is Jiyoung. She's good friend of mine, you don't need to be afraid." He said. "Umm hi. My name is Emily." I introduced myself, bowing slightly. "Hello!" She replied cheerfully. "So, let's go somewhere quiet?" She said like it was no big deal. I looked at Jung Min and he squeezed my hand lightly and nodded. "Alright." I mumbled and started walking. "I know a place."
 
She led them to a garden behind the school. "No one ever comes here." She flatly stated. Jiyoung looked around to confirm that no one was around before she stepped right in front of Emily. "This is going to sting a little." She said and leaned over to Emilys neck, inhaled deeply and blew ice cold air on Emilys burning wound. She didn't move an inch even though the expression on her face made it crystal clear she was in pain. Jung Min gently held her hand, trying to support her, feeling her grip of his hand getting tighter by seconds. He looked at her face, she was getting pale and cold sweat was pushing through her skin. "Hurry." He whispered into Jiyoungs ear.  She slightly nodded and gestured Jung Min to be quiet with her hands while she blew the last bit of air out of her lungs onto Emilys skin. As she was done, both of the girls fell off their feet, and Jung Min managed to catch them both. Emily with his left arm, and Jiyoung with his right. He helped Jiyoung to sit down on the soft grass to regain her strength while still holding Emily who had passed out. "Thank you." He gently whispered to Jiyoung.