Eight

On The Rooftop

 

Ricky groaned as CAP shook him awake.

“Come on Ricky! We have practice,” CAP said, annoyed of doing this every morning.

“…few more minutes,” Ricky mumbled, burying his head in his pillow.

CAP sighed and ripped the blanket off of him; his small figure shaking with the sudden coldness.

Finally CAP was able to round up everyone into the van with the help of L.Joe, who was quite awake. They spent hours practicing, trying to get each move perfectly in sync with the others. Everyone panted in exhaustion and fell flat onto the floor, their chests heaving; breathing in and out, sweat rolling down their faces. Everyone was ready to pass out, except for one person. L.Joe stood around, walking, jumping…just moving; a smile on his face the whole time.

“You seem rather happy,” said Changjo stating the obvious.

“Why are you so happy hyung?” Ricky questioned.

Chunji looked at L.Joe with a knowing smile and his smile grew wider. CAP looked at the both of them in suspicion and knew something was up. L.Joe refused to tell Ricky and Changjo anything and Niel just didn’t care.

“Soo…” said CAP once the three maknaes had left for a break.

“So what?” said L.Joe, clearly still happy.

“You’ve been so cheerful since morning…and everyone knows just how much you love waking up early for practice,” CAP stated with sarcasm.

“She said yes!” L.Joe exclaimed.

“I hope you didn’t ask her to marry you…” CAP said raising an eyebrow.

“Hyung! Of course I didn’t! I asked her to be my girlfriend! And I want to take it slow.”

“Slow?” scoffed Chunji sitting up to look at him.

“Whatever hyung!” L.Joe said sticking out his tongue and running out of the room.

How childish CAP and Chunji thought, watching him leave.

CAP sighed and fell back onto the floor, “I’m glad he’s happy.”

“Me too,” Chunji said. “But if only we could get girls now…” Chunji trailed off with a sly smirk lingering on his lips.

CAP looked at him. “What are you suggesting?”

“Let’s go clubbing! Please hyung! Please!”

“No.”

“But! Please! Just once!” Chunji continued begging.

“I’ll think about it…” said CAP in defeat.

“We can bring L.Joe too!” Chunji exclaimed.

“I doubt he’d want to just leave out his girlfriend like that…”

“She can come too!”

“She’s underage…”

“Well… we’ll force him to come!” Chunji said smiling excitedly.

-

“Wah! I’m so hungry!” Changjo huffed as they walked down the hall.

“Me too!” Ricky pouted.

Ricky looked at Changjo. “Let’s go buy something to eat!”

“We don’t have money…” Changjo said in disappointment.

“That’s okay! We’ll just get a pretty noona to pay for us,” Ricky replied showing off his aegyo and running away.

“Yah! Come back!” yelled Changjo after him.

As Changjo ran around the corner, he accidently ran into someone, forcing the water bottle she was holding to fall out of her hand and spill on the both of them.

“I’m so sorry!” she exclaimed with a deep bow.

“Aish…it’s okay,” he said dusting off his shirt as if it would remove the water.

The girl finally raised her head, realizing who she had spilled water on.

“Omo! Changjo-ssi…” she said staring at him with a blank stare.

“Changjo! Hurry up!” yelled Ricky from down the hall.

They both turned their attention to the boy running towards him.

“What happened?” asked Ricky looking at the girl.

“Ricky-ssi…” she said when he stopped in front of her.

“You know me?” Ricky questioned.

“Of course I do! You’re Teen Top’s maknaes!”

Ricky and Changjo exchanged a look then bowed introducing themselves.

“My name’s Lani,” the girl stated. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Oh! I know her!” said Ricky looking at Changjo. “You’re that trainee that’s going to debut soon, right?”

“Yeah, that’s me,” she said, her smile fading when she saw Changjo’s soaking wet shirt. “I’m sorry about your clothes Changjo…umm… if there’s any way I could repay you just-”

Lani was cut off when Ricky began to speak. “Actually there is!”

Changjo looked at Ricky, and Ricky smirked back.

“You should treat us to something yummy…you know… since you ruined Changjo’s clothes and all…it’s the least you could do,” said Ricky with sad, but cute puppy eyes.

 Lani broke her gaze away from Ricky’s irresistible eyes and turned towards Changjo.

“Please?” he pleaded, joining in with Ricky’s puppy eyes.

Lani couldn’t resist the two cute boys in front of her and agreed. The three left the building and headed to the nearest ice cream shop. They sat as Ricky and Changjo happily ate their ice cream, talking about themselves and getting to know each other better. It was quiet when Lani’s phone vibrated on the table. She looked at it to see a text from L.Joe, instantly she smiled. Ricky peered over the table trying to see what she was typing.

“Is that your boyfriend?” Ricky chanted in a teasing tone.

Lani looked at him then sheepishly looked down.

“It is! Isn’t it!” Ricky exclaimed.

“You’re not allowed to be in relationships while in the company!” said Changjo in a shocked tone.

Ricky and Changjo looked at each other then back to Lani.

“Scandalous,” they both chimed with smirks plastered on their faces.

So L.Joe didn’t tell them… thought Lani. She pushed the thought away and continued eating her ice cream.

“Will we hangout again?” asked Changjo as they made their way back to the company building.

“Anytime you want,” Lani said with a smile. “I gotta get back to practice now!” She quickly waved and ran to the building.

“Wait! Can I have your number?” Ricky called out waving his phone in the air.

Lani turned around briefly before walking in the door. “I’ll give it to you later!”

Ricky and Changjo returned to their practice room with a smile. After practice, Ricky and Changjo wandered around the building hoping to run into Lani again, which they did. They exchanged numbers and hung out for awhile before they all returned home. For the rest of the week, Ricky and Changjo would meet up with Lani at the company building and easily became friends.