Forty Eight

On The Rooftop

"Welcome to my home~" Lani chanted as she walked through the door and dropped her bags.

"You mean our home," L.Joe responded. He advanced towards her and his arm s around her waist as he kissed her temple.

"No," Lani strictly retorted. She pulled away from him and gave him a stern look. "This is my aunt’s house. She was kind enough to let me stay here while she's away, so don't do anything to harm the house or furniture," she instructed.

"I'll try not to be too rough," L.Joe winked with a sleazy smirk.

"Yah," Lani smacked his arm before grabbing her bags and walking away. 

L.Joe grabbed the rest of the luggage and followed closely behind her through the small apartment to the bedroom at the back. "Where should I put these?" he asked as he motioned to the suitcases in his hands.

"Anywhere's fine," Lani answered. "This place is pretty small so you'll be able to find your way around." The apartment was no bigger than two rooms. There was a small entry way with the bathroom to the right; it led to the kitchen and living room which were one room and then the bedroom at the back.

"I'm gonna find something to change into and we'll start unpacking," Lani stated as she ped her smallest suitcase. She pulled out a loose shirt and a pair of shorts before taking off her jeans. Before her fingers could grab the bottom of her shirt; L.Joe wrapped his arms around her from behind and pulled her into his chest. 

"Let me help you with that," he whispered into her ear before he leaned down and kissed her neck. Lani gasped as his hot breath lingered on her skin. In one swift move L.Joe pulled her shirt over her head and turned her to face him.

“You’re so beautiful,” was the last thing he said before his lips met hers.

Things got heated quickly as Lani pulled off L.Joe’s clothes and guided him to the bed.

--

L.Joe looked down at Lani who was lying on his chest, breathing softly as she peacefully slept; he couldn’t help but smile at the angel in front of him. He lightly combed through her long brown hair with his fingers, careful not to wake her; when her phone began to vibrate. L.Joe quickly reached over and grabbed it before it could disturb her and looked at the number. The caller ID said 'Woohyun Oppa' and L.Joe scoffed before sliding his finger across the decline button. He put the phone back on the side table and closed his eyes with his fingers still running through Lani's silky hair. A few minutes later, the phone began to ring again. L.Joe reached over and looked at the name, then pressed decline when he saw 'Woohyun Oppa' again. The phone rang over four more times before L.Joe had enough.

Ring ring

L.Joe grabbed the phone off the side table and answered the call.

"Yah stop calling! Can't you see no one’s picking up your calls?" he harshly stated.

"Uh, jwesonghamnida, I must've called the wrong number," he heard a woman's voice on the other line.
L.Joe suddenly sat up in shock, pushing Lani off his chest and flat onto the bed. She groggily opened her eyes and looked at L.Joe.

"I'm very sorry!" L.Joe frantically apologized to the woman on the phone, "I thought you were someone else."

"That's very alright. I was calling for my niece, Lani. She wouldn't happen to be there would she?"

"Um yes, just a moment please," L.Joe said in his politest voice. L.Joe handed the phone to Lani who stared at him with confused eyes.

'It's your aunt,’ L.Joe mouthed to her.

Lani's eyes widened as she grabbed the phone and wrapped a blanket around herself. "Imo!" Lani greeted. "How are you doing?" Lani held the blanket to her chest, got out of bed, and exited the room leaving L.Joe sitting by himself.

She returned 10 minutes later and let out a sigh. 

"What happened?" L.Joe asked.

"Nothing much... I had to lie to her. And she said I'm not allowed to have any friends stay overnight and she was just giving me more instructions about the mart, which I should head down to soon," Lani explained as she walked around the room gathering their clothes they had thrown off earlier.

Once they were both decent, Lani led L.Joe downstairs and through the back to the mini mart her aunt owned and lived above. It was just a small convenience store she opened up when she moved out of the city; it had snacks and drinks and all the basic things anyone in the town would need. Lani was in charge of the store until her aunt came back from America, which was planned to be in a month. Lani walked towards the front of the store, unlocked the door and switched the sign from closed to open. Just as she was making herself comfortable behind the counter, the phone began vibrating in her pocket. She looked at the caller ID and picked up when she saw Woohyun’s name across her screen.

“Oppa!” Lani greeted.

“Yah, why haven’t you picked up your phone all afternoon?” he asked with slight concern.

“Oh, mian, I guess I didn’t hear it.”

“That’s alright. I went to your apartment today; the security guard said you moved out…?” Woohyun stated, coming out more as a question than he intended.

“Oh about that…” Lani trailed off as she walked towards the back room. ‘Watch the store!’ she mouthed to L.Joe before she disappeared around the corner.

L.Joe just looked around, slumped onto a chair, and pulled out his phone. He got really into the racing game he was playing when he heard the bell chime, indicating that someone had entered the store. He looked up from his phone and noticed a little girl, probably around 7 or 8, wandering around the store. He watched as she picked up the things she needed and approached the counter. L.Joe started freaking out on the inside, unsure of how to go about with this; he had never worked in a store nor did he know anyone that did. He tried to keep calm as the little girl placed  a carton of eggs and a small banana milk on the counter. He stared at the products before looking at her; she stared back with her big brown eyes and smiled.

“Annyeong!” she happily greeted.

“Oh, uh, annyeonghaseyo,” he replied.

“Oppa, I haven’t seen you around here before. Did you just move?” she questioned.

“Um, well I’m staying with a friend,” he tried to explain.

“Oh. Oppa is handsome. Does oppa want to be my boyfriend?”

L.Joe completely avoided the question and scanned the items the girl had placed on the counter. He told her the price and luckily she gave him exact, he awkwardly held the money in his hand not knowing how to use the cash register. The little girl said goodbye to him and left the mart just as Lani exited the back room.

“Oh was someone here?” she asked as she walked over to the register.

L.Joe just nodded and handed her the money before returning to the game on his phone.

 


i didnt edit this chapter so sorry for any mistakes x.x i think ima end it soon... im getting really tired of this story ... 

anywayz i hope you enjoy the chapter :)