Thirty Five

On The Rooftop

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS ALL OF THIS?!” Niel yelled out in rage.

Jungwan was alarmed by Niel’s sudden anger and jolted to his feet.

“What’s wrong Niel?” Jungwan asked as he scurried to his side. “What the…” Jungwan said in disbelief when his eyes scanned the small space.

Covering the four walls were hundreds of pictures of Teen Top, mostly L.Joe in particular. Niel took a step into the room and looked more closely. The pictures weren’t those from a photo shoot or a fan meeting. They were shots of their daily lives- going to the salon, on their way to practice, and there was an excessive amount of photos of L.Joe, especially with Lani, on dates or just hanging out. Niel continued to look around the room when he spotted a brown wig sitting on a small table in the corner. He approached it and picked it up with both hands. He examined it closely before he realized. Images of a girl with brown hair and big glasses flashed through his mind until he connected her face to that of Jungwan’s older sister.

“It was her all this time!?” Niel hissed through his teeth.

“What are you talking about Niel…?” Jungwan asked looking for answers.

“She’s that weird girl from all our fan meetings… You didn’t by chance… tell her what I told you about Lani-ssi… did you?” Niel asked with hope of it not being what he thought.

“I… I couldn’t help it… I had to tell someone!”

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE!” Niel snapped.

“She’s my sister! And she told me she wasn’t really a fan of Teen Top!”

“Clearly that was a lie! Look at all of this! What did she do? Just follow us around –follow L.Joe hyung around?!”

“I don’t know! I didn’t know this would happen!”

“She’s the reason L.Joe and Lani are having such a hard time right now!”

“No! It’s not her fault! They’re the ones that went and had unprotected !

“Don’t try to stand up for her! It’s your fault too for even telling her!” Niel fought back.

Before he could continue, they heard the front door open and someone enter the house.

“Come on, we have to get out of here,” Jungwan urged as he pulled on Niel’s arm.

Niel threw the wig back onto the table and shook Jungwan’s hand off of him before storming out. Jungwan followed closely behind making sure to close all the doors they had opened. He followed him as he grabbed his stuff and then downstairs towards the front of the house.

“Oh, Niel, Jungwan, annyoung,” Jaehwa smiled at the two.

Niel ignored her and walked passed her to the door. He slipped on his shoes and walked out of the house without saying another word. Jaehwa just stared at him in bafflement and proceeded upstairs. Jungwan stared at the door for a few more moments with his shoulders slumped before turning around and returning to his bedroom.

“Yah! Jungwan!” he heard his noona yell from her room.

Oh no…  he thought to himself, we’ve been caught…

“I can explain noona!” Jungwan reassured.

“Explain what? How’d your rat get in my room?” She hissed.

“Gwi-gwi! He’s not a rat! He’s a hamster!” Jungwan argued with relief that she hadn’t noticed they were in her room.

“Whatever,” she said before returning to her room.

--

Niel walked down the street with a million thoughts running through his head. His steps got faster until eventually he was running. He didn’t know why, or where he was going, he just needed to get away from everything. Finally, his feet took him to a spot he had been many times before. He dropped his stuff on the floor and fell onto the couch. He couldn’t help but blame himself for the hardship that Lani was facing and buried his face in the couch cushion.

“ARGH!” He sat up and ran his hands through his hair. “Ottokae…”


 

im happy to know you guys are still out there :)

i hope you enjoyed this Niel chapter :) !