Thirty Three

On The Rooftop

 

There was a light knock at the door and Lani called out to let them in. The door opened a crack and someone poked their head in. Lani’s eyes widened in surprise and excitement started to pump through her.

“Hey, I’ll be singing with you tonight,” he said with a genuine smile.

“Woohyun oppa…” she breathed out, too excited to say anything else.

Lani’s heartbeat quickened and she began to get nervous. In that moment, she wasn’t a professional anymore, but a fan girl about to explode with happiness. She tried her best to hide what she was feeling, but Woohyun saw right through her. He had seen too many fan girls in his time being a singer to not notice when he made someone’s heart flutter. Lani stood there staring at him with a giant grin plastered across her face.

“Umm, I think it’s almost time to head to the stage,” Woohyun stated with an amused smile.

“Oh, right, yeah let’s go,” she said slightly stuttering.

Just like her previous stage, not many people were happy to be watching her. People booed and screamed out hateful comments at her making her heart sink. Lani put on her best fake smile and continued with the stage. It soon came to the part where Chunji would join her on stage, but only this time it was Woohyun. He walked out wearing black skinny jeans, a navy blue blazer with the sleeves rolled up to right under his elbows, and a plain white v-neck shirt underneath, slightly revealing his built chest. Lani didn’t realize how amazing he looked before due to the overwhelming feeling she got when she first saw him, but seeing him now with all the spotlights on him, he looked stunning. Everyone cheered loudly at the sight of him and most were happy with this pleasant surprise. Woohyun began singing, his beautiful and melodic voice flowing smoothly through the air, hitting every note perfectly. The screams got louder as the audience listened to his lovely voice and stared in awe at his perfection. Lani shook herself out of the mesmerized state she was in and began to harmonize with Woohyun. When the part Woohyun was singing came to an end, he knelt down on one knee, grabbed Lani’s hand and gently kissed it. He looked up at her for a moment and his eyes glistened. Before Lani could react, Woohyun got up and strode off the stage. All sorts of different reactions erupted from the audience. Lani finished the song and ran off the stage after Woohyun. She ran around frantically going into waiting rooms and dressing rooms looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found. She continued looking around a bit more before she ran into her manager.

“KYAAAAAA! You’re the best!” she exclaimed excitedly as she threw her arms around him.

Her manager chuckled, “I knew you’d be happy with the arrangements.”

“How’d you know?” she asked, still giddy with happiness.

 “Well it’s no secret that your favourite idol is Woohyun. I think we should head back to your dressing room now.”

Lani agreed and spoke of her experience with Woohyun all the way there, never really calming down from her fan girl mode. It took a matter of minutes for them to arrive at her dressing room and her manager told her that he would be waiting outside. He stood against the wall as Lani opened the door and walked in. A knowing smile spread across his face as he heard a shrill of happiness.

Lani clamped her hands over after realizing she had just screamed out loud.

Woohyun stared at her with an amused smile and chuckled slightly. “You’d think I’d be used to fan girl screams by now.”

“I’m sorry, it just that I’M YOUR BIGEST FAN EVER AND I LOVE INFINITE SO MUCH AND I HAVE ALL YOUR ALBUMS AND POSTERS AND I’VE SEEN YOU LIVE AND I WATCH ALL THE SHOWS YOU’RE ON AND YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL AND DANCE SO WELL AND YOUR VOICE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND I GOT TO SING WITH YOU! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!? I SANG WITH WOOHYUN! THE NAM WOOHYUN! AND NOW HERE YOU ARE STANDING… in front of me as I make a fool out of myself…” Lani trailed off trying to catch her breath before finally calming down.

“Heh, it’s okay, I heard you’re a fan.”

“Oppa…” Lani said as she approached him, “since I’m your fan… do you think you can give me an autograph?” She batted her eyelashes at him and gave him a cute but pleading look.

“Hmm,” Woohyun put his hand to his chin in thought, “no.”

Lani’s heart dropped. “What…?” She didn’t think that Woohyun would actually reject her. It was just an autograph, one little autograph! He’s given thousands to people he doesn’t even know, but when it comes to someone he has actually talked to, someone he’s been on stage with, he says no? Lani was about to say more when Woohyun spoke up.

“I’d rather have a friendship than a fan-idol relationship, so how about I give you my number instead?”

Lani’s eyes lit up again, “Friendship? You want to be friends with me?!” She was still overly excited that she was talking to the Nam Woohyun and now she was getting the honor to be his friend? The day couldn’t get any better for Lani; she was living any fan girl’s dream.

She gladly handed him her phone after fishing it out of her bag and he added his number. He gave it back to her and she smile in content.

“That’s a cute charm,” Woohyun stated as he gestured to the small charm hanging from her phone, “is it like a couple charm or something?” he asked, pressing for information.

Lani smiled as she shook her head, “me and my friends bought it since it’s so adorable.” Her smile faded as she thought of Changjo and Ricky. I wonder if they still have theirs… she thought to herself.

Woohyun spoke up, interrupting her from her thoughts, “that’s cool, well I better get going, call or text me whenever you like.”

And with that Woohyun walked out of the room.

 

 


 

:) happy easter~