Fifty Two

On The Rooftop

It had been a week since the Teen Top boys had come to visit and have their chat with L.Joe. 
"Do you have all your things?" Lani asked L.Joe as she helped him lug his suitcase to the front door. L.Joe had made his decision; he would go back to Seoul to continue being part of Teen Top, he couldn't abandon his closet friends and he couldn't abandon his dream that he worked so hard for. And even though he knew that deep down Lani didn't want him to leave, she supported him and encouraged him to continue on as an idol, especially since she knew what it was like to have dreams taken away.

"The only thing I want to take back with me is my baby girl," L.Joe chanted as he pulled Lani into his arms. She held on tightly to his waist and rested her head on his chest, "I wish I could go back with you..." she softy said.

"Then why don't you?" he suddenly asked, "you can come to Seoul with me and things can be the way they were before," he insisted with excitement rising.

"You know I can't do that..." she replied, "Come on, we better get going, the train's in less than 20 minutes," Lani pulled away from L.Joe and grabbed the suitcase, dragging it out the door. It was a silent ride to the train station as Lani and L.Joe sat hand in hand in the taxi. They arrived at the station and headed down to the platform; Lani's heart sank when she realized that within the next 10 minutes, L.Joe will be too far away to visit every day, she wouldn't be able to see him, kiss him, or hug him whenever she wanted.

The whistling of the train could be heard in the distance, Lani looked up to see the rapidly approaching light and she held onto L.Joe tight, not wanting to let him go. He gazed down at her and cupped her face, turning her head to face him. “Are you sure you’ll be alright here by yourself?” he asked with rising concern.

“Of course I will,” she gave him a small chuckle to hide her true feelings.

“Are you sure?” he persisted, staring into her sad eyes. She stared back at him and nodded her head, not wanting to say anything in case her voice cracked with the disappointment she was feeling. “I’ll call you, and text you, and I’ll even come visit whenever I get the chance,” L.Joe spoke as he her hair.

“Promise?” Lani asked as she held up her pinky towards him.

“Promise.” L.Joe locked his finger with hers before leaning down and giving her a sweet and loving kiss.

The train stopped in front of Lani and L.Joe and all the doors opened; L.Joe looked back at Lani who’s eyes began to tear up. She gripped onto him tight, her knuckles turning white not wanting him to go. He had to pry her fingers off of him as the conductor made his last call for passengers; tears were already rolling down Lani’s cheeks and L.Joe had to fight back the tears whelming up in his eyes. They said their ‘goodbye’s and ‘I love you’s as they shared their final kiss and L.Joe boarded the train.

-

Ring ring~

“Hello?” Lani’s voice hardly made a sound as she croaked into the phone. It had been just over 20 minutes since L.Joe had left and Lani was sitting alone in the apartment that seemed so much bigger now that she was by herself.

She heard a familiar voice chuckle on the other side of the line and she instantly perked up from her seat, “L.Joe?” she unsurely called out.

“Hey baby,” he responded, she could almost hear the smile in his voice, “how are you doing? You’re not moping around are you,” he jokingly asked with concern lingering in his words.

“I’m fine… I just never realized how big this place is…” she trailed off as she slouched back down.

“Yah~” he calmly chanted, “don’t be sad, we’ll see each other soon,” his smooth voice put Lani at ease and she let out a sigh.

“Arrasso,” she agreed in defeat.

The two talked over the phone until L.Joe arrived in Seoul where his manager would be picking him up. Every day the following week, L.Joe made sure to call Lani whenever he had a chance; he was busy with practice and preparing for Teen Top’s comeback, but he wouldn’t let that stop him from hearing Lani’s voice every day. He made simple calls to say good morning or good night, to ask if she had eaten, to make sure she was okay and to just keep in touch. They both agreed to continue speaking to each other every day no matter how busy they were –which applied mostly to L.Joe since he had next to no free time –or at least text each other whenever the chance presented itself.

But as the days went on, it became more difficult for L.Joe to take a few minutes to call Lani, he spent all day in the practice room and when he wasn’t dancing in front of the mirrors, he was eating or sleeping. Lani on the other hand had all the time in the world; she sat around the mart that only got a few customers a day, watched TV and waited for her phone to ring. A few times she tried making the call first, but each time it went to voice mail, every text sent was replied to hours later, it was getting harder and harder for the two to stay in contact.

 


hai guise. sorry i havent been around. school started back about two weeks ago and i hate it... i seem to hate everything now a days >.> well i hope you enjoyed the chapter~