Thirteen

On The Rooftop

 

“Hyung you won’t believe it!” Ricky said with a pout when he returned to the dorm, Changjo following behind him.

“What is it Ricky?” Chunji said looking at him as he stomped in front of the TV.

“Yah, move,” CAP said irritated.

“L.Joe has a girlfriend!” Ricky exclaimed.

Chunji and CAP exchanged looks.

“How do you know that…?” Chunji asked him.

“I saw them! L.Joe and Lani noona! They were in the elevator!” Ricky exclaimed. “Right Changjo?”

Changjo nodded and took a seat on the couch.

“Wait,” CAP said, “how do you know Lani?”

“She’s my noona!” Ricky replied. “We met her not too long ago.”

“Do you guys know her?” Changjo asked, looking at them.

“She’s my best friend,” Chunji said earning surprised looks from Changjo and Ricky.

“Well make them break up!” Ricky stomped.

“I think someone’s jealous,” Chunji chanted with a mocking smile.

Ricky’s eyes widen. How did Chunji know?

“You want a girlfriend too,” Chunji continued.

Relief washed over Ricky. He was jealous, but that wasn’t the reason why. He laughed awkwardly and walked away.

-

Lani and L.Joe walked quietly down the street not talking much. He gave her his jacket since it was getting chilly out.

“So…how do you know Ricky and Changjo?” he questioned. He’d been wondering for the longest time how she knew Changjo and finally he was about to get his answer.

Lani told L.Joe the story about the first time she had literally run into Changjo and laughed at the memory. She explained how quickly they became friends and that they’re practically family to her. They arrived at Lani’s apartment and L.Joe was about to say bye when Lani stopped him from leaving.

“Why don’t you come in?” she asked him.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to intrude,” L.Joe replied.

“It’s okay, Chunji and CAP come over all the time. Even Ricky and Changjo’s been over.”

Has everyone but me been to your place? L.Joe thought to himself. He followed Lani upstairs to her apartment and just like Ricky and Changjo; he explored every corner of it. Lani chuckled at the sight and went to her room to change into something more comfortable. When she returned, L.Joe was lounging across her couch with his eyes closed. She snuck up to him and yelled ‘boo’. L.Joe sprung up in surprise and Lani let out a small giggle.

“So what do you want to do?” Lani asked L.Joe as she sat down next to him.

“Why don’t we watch a movie or something?” L.Joe suggested as he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

Lani was about to start the movie when her phone rang.

“Yeobosseo?” she said as she picked it up.

She had a short conversation with the person on the other line and then hung up. L.Joe looked at her and she smiled at him.

“Chunji and CAP oppa are bored, so I invited them over,” Lani said before L.Joe could ask.

He just smiled back trying to hide his disappointment. In no time, there was a knock at the door and Lani ran over to answer it. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see Ricky and Changjo rush in.

L.Joe raised an eyebrow. “I thought you said Chunji and CAP were bored…”

“They wanted to come too, I hope that’s okay,” Chunji said to Lani.

“The more the merrier,” she chanted and sat back down next to L.Joe.

L.Joe rolled his eyes and put his arm around Lani. She was about to cuddle into him when suddenly someone pulled her away. Her eyes widened as Changjo and Ricky started fighting over who would sit next to her. They finally settled down once they were both satisfied. Ricky sat on Lani’s left and Changjo on her right. L.Joe grumbled angrily as he tried to get comfortable on the floor next to Chunji and CAP. They turned off the light and watched silently as the movie started.

-

The door unlocked and he walked down the hall. There were no lights on and his footsteps echoed as he entered the living room. He put down his bag and looked around the dark, empty room.

“Hyung?” Niel called out as he entered CAP’s room.

He looked around but no one was there. He made his way to his own room which he shared with Ricky, but it was also empty. Lastly he checked Chunji, Changjo, and L.Joe’s room, but like the other two, there were no signs of the members. Where did they all go? He thought to himself as he slumped onto the couch.

-

Snores filled her apartment and Lani smiled to herself at the wonderful friends she had sitting around her. She carefully maneuvered herself out of the hold Ricky and Changjo had her in and got off the couch. A hand shot up and grabbed Lani’s wrist. She jumped at the sudden grasp on her wrist and looked down to see a smiling L.Joe.

“I thought you were asleep like the rest…” she whispered to him as she helped him up.

 “I couldn’t fall asleep with Chunji’s heavy head on my shoulder,” he chuckled quietly.

Chunji fell over without the support of L.Joe next to him and sleepily opened his eyes.

“Lani,” he said tiredly, reaching up for her. “Take me to my room.”

L.Joe raised an eyebrow at Lani. “His room?”

“He stays over sometimes and claimed the guest room as his,” she replied taking Chunji’s hand.

“Chunji’s slept over here before?” L.Joe questioned helping Lani with Chunji.

“Just a few times…”

Lani led L.Joe to the guest room and they carefully placed Chunji on the bed. They returned to the living room and brought CAP to the same room as Chunji. Lani went to the closet and took out some extra blankets to cover Ricky and Changjo who were sleeping soundlessly on the couch. She smiled at their sleeping faces and turned to look at L.Joe.

“So…where’s our bed?” he asked her with a sly smile.

Lani laughed quietly and grabbed L.Joe’s hand, leading the way.

Back at the dorm, Niel was lying awake scared to be alone. It was just after 1am and anyone was yet to return. He sat up and pulled out his phone. After trying everyone and getting no answer, he dialed L.Joe’s number.

The phone rang on the side table next to Lani’s bed, waking her up. She reached over, her body hovering over L.Joe and grabbed his phone.

“Hello?” she said in a sleepy voice.

“Uh…where’s L.Joe hyung?” Niel questioned.

“He’s sleeping; do you want me to wake him up?”

“It’s okay; do you by chance know where the other members are?”

“They’re all here sleeping,” she replied letting out a yawn. “Who is this?”

“Uh, go back to sleep,” Niel replied quickly before hanging up the phone, knowing very well who she was.

Lani reached over L.Joe once more to put his phone back, when her strength failed her. Her body collapsed onto him and his eyes shot open.

Lani’s eyes widened, “I’m sorry…”

“You really want to do this now?” L.Joe said with a smirk as his arms automatically wrapped around her small waist. 

“Aniyo, I just-” she was cut off by L.Joe’s lips on her’s.

She tried to pull away but he held her down. L.Joe flipped them over so Lani was lying on her back and he was hovering over her.

“We can’t do this right now,” she said when their lips parted.

“Why not?” L.Joe replied, his hot breath on her neck.

“There are four other people sleeping in this apartment.”

“You’re right… they’re asleep, they won’t hear anything.”

L.Joe trailed kisses down Lani’s neck to her collar bone.

“L.Joe, not now,” Lani said in a stern voice and lightly pushed him off.

L.Joe let out a sigh and pouted.

Lani quickly kissed his lips and said, “We’ll continue this later.”

L.Joe perked up and raised an eyebrow. “Promise?” he asked.

“Promise,” Lani said as she rested her head on his chest. “Goodnight,” she said before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.