Nineteen

On The Rooftop

 

It had been almost 4 weeks since Lani had debuted; she spent all her time with promotions and performances, hardly having time for herself. She was constantly busy, whether it was music shows she had to worry about or radio interviews. Everyone could see how hard working Lani was and how determined she was to please her fans. For some, she was too hard working.

“Lani! Let’s go out!” Chunji pleaded for the tenth time.

“I don’t have time to play,” she responded to the whining boy next to her.

“If I have time, so do you!” he pointed out.

Lani couldn’t argue with that, he did have a point. After much of Chunji’s irresistible aegyo, Lani finally gave in and agreed to go out with him. Lani changed into something modern and fashionable to match with Chunji’s stylish ways and they headed out. Chunji guided Lani down town to the heart of Seoul and lead her through the busy streets. It had been awhile since Lani had a night out and it excited her to finally do so. Without giving any hints of their final destination, Chunji had finally stopped in front of a brightly lit building.

“Where are we?” Lani questioned as she looked up at the sign, “norebang?”

“Yup! Karaoke! It’s the best pass time! After clubbing that is, but someone’s still under age,” Chunji commented as he cutely tapped Lani on the nose. “Come on! Let’s go!”

Chunji grabbed Lani’s hand and they burst through the doors, he was bouncing with excitement and couldn’t wait to have fun. They ran past the front desk and made their way to one of the rooms. Chunji opened the door and pushed Lani in.

“Noona!” Lani!”

Lani’s eyes lit up when she saw her closest friends, also known as Teen Top sitting in the room.

“What are you guys doing here?” she asked with a pleased smile.

“We missed you!” Ricky chimed as he ran up to her and gave her a hug.

Changjo did the same and added, “Yeah, it’s been so long since you played with us!”     

“Stop hogging Lani,” a deep voice commented from behind.

Lani looked up to see CAP staring at her with a teasing smile.

“Oppa!” Lani smiled as she opened her arms for a hug. CAP happily accepted the hug and wrapped his arms around her.

“Ahem~” L.Joe cleared his throat with a cocky smile plastered across his face. “Where’s my hug?” he smugly asked as he walked towards Lani.

“Enough of all the hugging!” Chunji exclaimed. “Let’s start the party!” And with that, Chunji handed Lani a microphone and a song began to play, leaving L.Joe very disappointed.

They all took turns singing and dancing, just having a good time. They were bursting with energy, just jumping around and being hyper. Chunji ordered them all drinks –all alcohol free of course- and their party of six got livelier. There was a club atmosphere in the room with the disco ball and neon lights flashing everywhere. They were all filled with excitement; even L.Joe and CAP were taking turns singing. Slowly, the amount of energy decreased as everyone got tired, they sang slower songs and were no longer dancing around. Their paid amount of time soon came to an end and it was time for them to depart.

The group of six lazily wandered around the streets of Seoul. It was getting late and most stores and restaurants were closed or near closing, there was nothing much for them to do. They continued aimlessly until Lani spotted a red food stall that was still open.

“Why don’t we eat street food?!” she exclaimed. “I haven’t had any in a long time!”

“That’s a great idea!” “I agree with noona!” Changjo and Ricky stated.

Lani dragged them all to the food stall and began to order. She ordered servings of all of the different delicious foods and a few drinks. Once she was done, she sat down at a nearby table, the Teen Top boys followed suit. They chatted for a couple minutes as they waited for their order to be ready.

“Ahgashi!” the woman behind the counter called out.

“That’s us!” Lani excitedly stated.

“Someone seems hungry,” Chunji snickered.

“Yah!” Lani snapped as she playfully smacked him on the chest.

The other boys chuckled as Lani happily skipped away to get the food. She returned momentarily with plates filled with food. Once she was seated, they all dug in, stuffing their faces with the delicious tastes that none of them had had in a long time. After two more orders of food, they were finally all full. Ricky let out a yawn and rubbed his stomach.

“Aw, is our maknae tired?” Lani giggled and patted his head. Ricky nodded in response and rested his head on Lani’s shoulder.

“Hey! I’m the real maknae! Stop giving him so much attention!” Changjo cutely pouted.

“Don’t gotta get jealous,” Ricky snorted.

“I’m not!” Changjo snapped back, his cheeks slightly reddening.

“You guys are so immature…” L.Joe commented as he disapprovingly shook his head, not letting his own jealousy leak through as he watched the maknaes throw themselves all over Lani.

CAP finally spoke up and suggested that it was time to head home, only to earn groans of disapproval from everyone around him. They agreed to walk Lani home and casually wandered down the streets. Once they arrived in front of her apartment building, no one wanted to say goodbye. They wanted to continue the quality time that they hadn’t had in a long time, but unfortunately it was getting late. Ricky and Changjo being as attached to her as ever, asked if they could have a sleep over, only to be smacked across the back of their heads by L.Joe. The Teen Top boys finally said their goodbyes to Lani, Chunji and CAP gave their cool ‘bye’ with a slight smile, L.Joe kissed her on the forehead not wanting to get too graphic in front of the others and the maknaes gave her a tight hug. Lani casually hugged the two back, not knowing that everything would change tomorrow.

 


 

OTL im sorry for the late update. i didnt realize time went so fast >.>