Eleven

On The Rooftop

 

“Ow hyung!” Changjo exclaimed glaring at L.Joe.

“Oh, mian,” L.Joe replied coldly.

“I think you keep hitting me on purpose.”

“What? I’m just doing the dance! It’s not my fault you keep running into me.”

Chunji gave L.Joe a look, but he ignored it and walked over to the couch to sit next to Niel. Niel stiffened as L.Joe wrapped his arm around his shoulders. Every time Niel was near L.Joe he remembered what he overheard that night. Practice finished by 6pm and they all headed out.

“Noona!” Ricky called out, Changjo following closely behind him as they walked out of the building.

Lani turned around and greeted them with a smile.

“Let’s go out to eat!” Changjo exclaimed, always thinking about food.

“Oh… what to do…?” Lani said looking into her wallet. “I don’t have any money with me…”

“It’s okay!” Ricky chanted. “Changjo will pay!”

“Yah! Don’t volunteer other people for stuff!” Changjo shot back. “Why don’t you pay!?”

“I don’t have money either…” Ricky said sheepishly.

“Aish… so we’re all hungry and none of us have money…” Changjo said with a pout.

“Let’s bring Lani to the dorm! We’ll make food there!”

“Yah, did you forget that the only one who can cook is Chunji? He’s not home right now.”

“We can go beg one of the hyungs for money!”

“Ani ani, we shouldn’t bother them,” Lani said shaking her head. “Why don’t you come home with me? I’ll make you something there.”

“Can we!?” Ricky beamed brightly at the thought.

This was the first time Ricky and Changjo had ever gone to Lani’s apartment. They were very giddy as they walked down the street, Ricky in the middle, his arms locked with both Lani and Changjo.

“Are we almost there?” Ricky whined.

“Just one more block,” Lani reassured.

They made their way up the elevator and down the hall.

“Ou…so this is where you live,” Ricky said as he entered the apartment.

Instantly Ricky and Changjo began running around, exploring every corner of Lani’s apartment. She just chuckled and headed to the kitchen. Lani opened the fridge and started getting out ingredients. She decided she would make the spaghetti her mom gave her the recipe to. Her mom grew up in America and moved back to Korea when she was in her twenties, where she got married and had Lani. Her parents then decided to move back to America when Lani’s grandmother fell ill, they decided it would be best to live with her and take care of her; Lani was only 16 at the time, but chose to stay in Korea. This explained why Lani lived alone and knew how to cook so many American dishes.

“Wah, look at all the cool stuff she has!” Ricky exclaimed as he wandered around Lani’s room.

Ricky’s eyes suddenly stopped on something and he pouted. Changjo looked at him in curiosity and Ricky pointed to the wall. Changjo’s gaze followed Ricky’s until he realized why he was pouting.

“That’s not fair… she has an Infinite poster, but where’s our poster?” Ricky said in a low tone.

“I guess she’s a bigger fan of Infinite?” Changjo said, making it sound more like a question than it should have. He and Ricky then continued around her room, touching anything and everything.

“Wee!” Changjo yelled as he plopped down on her bed.

Ricky turned and ran towards the bed; he leaped, and jumped right on top of Changjo.

“YAH!” Changjo exclaimed.

“Hehe,” Ricky said sitting up, his eyes wandering again. “Changjo look!”

“What?” Changjo said sitting up also.

“She has our album!” Ricky stared jumping up and down in excitement.

Changjo leaned over and grabbed it off of the side table causing something to fall off. He reached down and picked it up.

“What’s that?” Ricky questioned.

“Oh, it’s the post cards she got us to sign that time she came to the fan signing,” Changjo replied.

He was about to put it back when Ricky stopped him.

“I want to see mine!” he exclaimed grabbing it from Changjo’s hand.

Ricky went through each of them one by one then suddenly stopped.

“Woah! How’d she get L.Joe hyung to write this!?” Ricky said in a surprised tone, handing the post card over to Changjo.

Changjo examined the post card and read what it said: To my girlfriend, I love you <3 L.Joe

“Woah, that’s so weird. Hyung usually doesn’t write stuff like that,” Changjo said looking at Ricky.

“Maybe she begged him,” Ricky shrugged.

They put everything back in their place when Lani called them and left her room. The small table was set for three with big plates filled with spaghetti and sauce. It looked delicious; Ricky and Changjo couldn’t wait to dig in.

“Let’s eat!” Lani said happily as she picked up her fork.

They ate peacefully, talking casually. Both Changjo and Ricky realized Lani’s parents weren’t around, but neither wanted to ask her about it.

 -

“Hyung~ I’m so bored!” L.Joe huffed as he made his way into CAP’s room.

“Yah! Knock before you come in!” CAP exclaimed as he looked up from a book he was reading.

“Aish, whatever.” L.Joe took long strides across the room and hopped onto CAP’s bed, slightly pushing him over.

“Yah! L.Joe!”

“There’s no one to play with!” L.Joe whined, rolling around in the bed.

“You’re such a child…” CAP said. “Chunji-ah!” CAP yelled out the door.

Rushed footsteps came running down the hall and Chunji’s slim figure appeared in the doorway.

“Come babysit L.Joe, he’s being annoying again,” CAP said in a bored tone, going back to his book.

“Hyung! I’m not annoying!” L.Joe exclaimed hitting CAP slightly on his arm.

“Why don’t you call your girlfriend or something?” Chunji suggested, joining them on the bed, which caused CAP to groan in disappointment.

“What if she’s busy?” L.Joe pointed out. “Everyone seems to have plans except us… even the maknaes went out.”

“Speaking of maknaes, where did they go out to?” Chunji asked, realizing he had no clue where Changjo and Ricky had gone.

“Why don’t you call them?” CAP said looking up from his book.

L.Joe dialed Ricky’s number and waited for the rings. After a couple of rings, it went to the answering machine.

“I think his phone’s off…” L.Joe said and Chunji looked at him with slight confusion. “I’ll try Changjo…”

“Yeobeosseo?” Changjo said when he answered the phone.

“Where are you?” L.Joe said when he heard a faint, but familiar voice in the background.

“Come on Changjo,” the voice chimed.

L.Joe’s jaw clenched and his hand tightened around his phone at the sound of Lani’s voice.

“Hyung, I can’t talk now, I’ll call you later,” Changjo said hurriedly and hung up the phone.

L.Joe dropped his phone on the bed and CAP and Chunji eyed him.

“What did he say?” Chunji asked cautiously.

“AISH!” L.Joe exclaimed furiously. He kicked his legs, throwing a fit; causing the blankets and pillows to fall off the bed.

“L.Joe…” CAP said, earning a death glare from him.

“Yah, L.Joe, what’s wrong?” Chunji carefully asked.

“Nothing.” L.Joe stated and stomped out of the room.


 

(: i hope you guys are enjoying the story ~ but i wouldn't know since you don't comment! come on guys D: comment ! they make me happyy :)

p.s. have you seen Boyfriend's Janus? 8D