Five

On The Rooftop

 

Lani returned later that day for practice, avoiding L.Joe to the best of her ability, but that soon became difficult when he was everywhere she went.

The music came to an end and pants of tired trainees filled the room. The trainer dismissed them and they all exited the room breathing heavily. As Lani walked out of the room, she saw a familiar figure from the corner of her eye. She quickly looked down, avoiding his gaze and began to walk down the hall.

“Lani wait,” said L.Joe anxiously just a few steps behind her.

Lani stopped in her tracks and turned around to face him. He stood there staring down at her trying to find the words to say.

“What do you want?” she asked harshly never meeting his eyes.

“Uhh… I wanted to talk to you,” he managed to say.

“I have nothing to say to you.” Lani looked him in the eyes once, and then turned to walk away.

“Good, then you can just listen,” L.Joe replied grabbing her arm and dragging her down the hall.  

He led her to Teen Top’s practice room knowing that it was the other members’ break time and they would be out eating. L.Joe closed the door behind them and everything fell silent. Awkwardness filled the empty space as they stood in the middle of the room, neither of them talking. L.Joe made his way to the small couch at the back of the room and motioned for Lani to join him. Her steps echoed throughout the room as she took a seat next to him.

“I’m sorry,” L.Joe said in a low tone. “You took me by surprise; I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

“It’s okay,” she replied quietly.

“Are you sure?”

Lani nodded, staring at the floor.

“I really am sorry. I didn’t want to do anything stupid…like last time.”

“So it wasn’t because you don’t want anything to do with me?”

“Of course not. Why would you think that?”

“’Cause I didn’t tell you.” She didn’t have to specify what she was talking about for L.Joe to understand. He knew exactly what she meant.

“I understand why though and I don’t blame you for any of it,” he said in a calm, soft voice.

“You should…” Lani mumbled to herself.

Silence filled the room once again and no one said anything. The couch squeaked as L.Joe shifted, getting closer to Lani. He placed his hand on her cheek and turned her head until they made eye contact. They stared at each other for a while until L.Joe leaned in. He pressed his lips gently against hers, moving slowly at first then speeding up. He pulled away briefly, to catch his breath and looked Lani in the eyes. She stared back at him with her big brown eyes. L.Joe kissed her again, but this time it was rougher. He wasn’t as gentle as before, his lips moving fiercely with hers. He pushed her back until she was lying on the couch, their lips only parting briefly when they needed air. His hand ran through Lani’s hair, while he used the other to hold himself up from crushing her. Lani’s arms s around L.Joe’s waist pulling him closer to her, closing all space between them. Her hands ran up the back of his shirt, revealing his smooth white skin.       

-

“Huh? Why’s the door closed hyung?” questioned Niel as he and CAP returned to their practice room.

“It was probably one of the other members,” CAP replied.

Niel shrugged it off and turned the door knob. His body froze when he walked in the room. Two pairs of eyes shot in his direction and Niel just stood there staring. L.Joe pushed himself off of Lani, landing on the floor next to his shirt which she had pulled off. Lani jumped off the couch and fixed her hair and clothes. She looked at L.Joe who was still on the floor and ran out of the room with her head hanging. L.Joe quickly put his shirt back on and ran out the door, he could feel the stare of Niel and CAP burning into his back.

L.Joe didn’t return to the practice room that evening. The members made their way back to the dorm to find L.Joe sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Yah! L.Joe! Why weren’t you at practice?” scolded Chunji, obviously angry of his absence.

L.Joe looked up at CAP, surprised that neither he nor Niel had told the rest of what happened. He got up and walked away, entering the room which he shared with Chunji and Changjo. Chunji followed closely behind him and shut the door.

“What were you doing that was so much more important than practice?” questioned Chunji pacing back and forth in front of him.

“I was …nothing,” replied L.Joe staring at the floor.

“Nothing?! That’s the best excuse you can come up with?”

L.Joe sat there listening to Chunji ranting on about the importance of practice until there was a knock on the door. They both looked in that direction to see CAP enter. He walked in, grabbed Chunji’s arm and dragged him away.

“Hyung! What are you doing?! I wasn’t done talking to him!” exclaimed Chunji, struggling to get out of his grip.

“That’s enough for now. I’ll talk to him later, so just worry about yourself,” said CAP in a stern voice.

Chunji sighed and relaxed in CAP’s hold of him.

CAP released him and they both went towards the couch to watch TV with Changjo and Ricky.

Niel sat in his room, speaking quietly into his phone. He was talking to Chang Jungwan; his best friend of three years. They were inseparable, they told each other everything, there was no one closer to Niel other than his family and s.

“You won’t believe what I saw today!” whispered Niel, starting the gossip like always.

“You’re way off,” said Niel after giving Jungwan a chance to take a few guesses. “After lunch today, I went back to the practice room and caught L.Joe making out with this trainee! That’s so against the rules.”

Niel continued on with his gossip until his phone was almost dead. He ended the conversation with Jungwan and joined the other members, excluding L.Joe in the living room.

-

CAP picked up Ricky from the couch and carried the sleeping boy to his room as a mother would her son. L.Joe watched him disappear into the dark hall and into the bedroom.

“I want to talk to you,” said CAP when he returned.

L.Joe knew exactly what it was about and followed CAP into his room, leaving Niel asleep on the couch. 

 

 


 

(: i hope you're enjoying it so far D: i'll try to update every 3 days :)