Final

On The Rooftop

Lani placed her hand on the door knob and carefully turned it. Everyone waited with anticipation as she pushed the door open, “Tada!” she chanted as she stretched out her arm to present the apartment.

Six pairs of eyes peered in and they followed Lani into the one room apartment.

“Oh it’s nice…” Niel stated, clearly underwhelmed.

“Please keep your comments until the end of the tour!” Lani chimed.

“Tour?” Cap asked, obviously speculating what kind of tour there could possibly be for a one room apartment.

“Yeah! Now follow me!” she exclaimed, excitement running through her body.

She stepped inside as the six boys squeezed in behind her. “To the right we have the bathroom, to the left is the bedroom and,” she took a couple steps forward with all of them following closely behind, “this is the kitchen which also doubles as the living room!”

She turned to them with a wide smile plastered on her face as she waited for them to say something.

“It’s very cozy,” Cap said, trying to call it small in the nicest way possible.

“Well it’s a good size for one person,” Chunji commented only to earn a look from Lani.

“Well I’m sorry Prince Chanhee that not everyone has the same luxuries as you,” she responded, her voice dripping in sarcasm.

“I can hardly call sharing a room with L.Joe a luxury,” he mumbled.

“Well I like it noona!” Ricky exclaimed.

“Me too!” Changjo added, “but it might be a little tight when we all sleepover.”

Lani’s eyes widened at his remark, “why would you guys sleepover if you live ten minutes away?”

“Yeah!” L.Joe said finally speaking up. “there’s only enough room for us two,” he said as he wrapped his arms around Lani from behind.

Lani whipped around to face him, “If you haven’t forgotten, you also live ten minutes away,” she teased.

“It’s okay,” Chunji piped up, “I think it’ll be better if he just stays here.”

“See! Chunji agrees,” L.Joe pointed out.

“I’m pretty sure that was an insult,” Lani remarked.

Their playful bickering continued for a little while longer until the maknaes started to complain about being hungry. They were all so caught up in their chatter that they hadn’t even realized they skipped dinner. They unanimously decided that they would go out to eat since Lani had next to nothing in her apartment and it as an opportunity to explore the neighbourhood. The seven of them wandered along the streets, turning here and there looking for somewhere they all agreed on. After much pushing and pulling in every direction, they finally came to an agreement and entered a small restaurant run by a family who lived in the neighbouhood.

-

“So when do I get to see your new place?” Woohyun lightly asked. Lani and the six Teen Top boys had returned to her apartment after finishing dinner and were fooling around when Lani got a call from Woohyun.

“Well Teen Top is here if you wanna come join the party!” she said, inviting him over.

“Right now? Okay!” he eagerly accepted.

“I’ll text you the address,” she stated before saying bye and ending the call. She looked up to find six pairs of eyes staring her way, the boys all waiting for answers. “Someone else is coming to visit too!” she excitedly announced.

“Is it Woohyun?” Chunji guessed in one try. Lani nodded with a smile indicating that he was right.

“Ouu, hyung has some competition,” Niel chanted.

“He’s just a friend!” Lani defended herself. “Just like how all of you guys are my friends!” she happily remarked as she put her arms around Ricky and Chunji who just happened to be next to her. Ricky shifted slightly and looked up to meet eyes with Changjo who was sitting across from him.

Almost a half an hour later, Lani got a text from Woohyun, he was in the neighbourhood but didn’t know how to get to her exact address. She told him to stay put and wait where he was so she could easily find him and show him the way. Chunji went along with her, not wanting her to be walking alone outside in the dark and the other five boys were ordered to stay in the apartment without making a mess.

Lani and Chunji walked comfortabley side by side through the neighbourhood; although her time alone with him was short, she enjoyed being able to speak to her best friend privately. It had been awhile since they were left alone; since befriending the Teen Top boys they always seemed to travel in a pack, not that Lani minded.

Back at the apartment, Cap was sitting against a wall as he drifted in and out of sleep while L.Joe and Niel battled monsters in their online game. The maknaes had disappeared into the bedroom and when L.Joe realized, he went to check on them to make sure they weren't up to anything. He stood outside the door which was cracked a few inches with his hand on the doorknob. He was about to walk in when he overhead the two youngest members speaking seriously to each other.

"So you're not going to tell her?" Changjo asked. He was looking at Ricky who was staring down at his feet.

"I don't think I should..." Ricky replied, his head hanging low. "Lani noona is a really great friend and I don't want to ruin that. Plus, I can see she loves L.Joe so I don't want to get in the middle."

"It's tough giving up on someone you have feelings for, but I know you'll get through this," Changjo responded in a comforting tone. He wrapped his arm around his friend and pulled him closer.
Ricky didn't say anything and rested his head on Changjo's shoulder as he let out a deep sigh.

L.Joe's hand dropped to his side and he turned to walk away. He hadn't realized Ricky had feelings for Lani, all this time he thought Changjo was the one with a crush on her. L.Joe's chest felt heavy with guilt as he let his mind wander off. Ricky must've been having a hard time watching Lani smiling with someone else and keeping his feelings to himself. L.Joe couldn't help but feel bad, he should've realized how Ricky felt; he stopped in his tracks and was about to turn around to go speak to the boy, but he knew there wasn't much he could do. L.Joe was in love with Lani and he knew she loved him too, he wasn't about to just give her up when he knew that was something neither of them wanted. A sigh escaped his lips and he returned to his spot in the living room with Cap and Niel.

 A few moments later, the door flung open and Lani and Chunji walked in with Woohyun trailing behind them. The Teen Top boys gathered to greet them and he gave them all a warm smile before Lani gave Woohyun a 'tour' of her apartment.

"It's a lot different from your old place," he commented, referring to the size.

"I like it, it's cozy," Lani retorted with a smile.

She motioned for everyone to take a seat on the floor in the living room before turning to Woohyun. "Woohyun oppa brought a surprise for everyone."

He chuckled as he pulled out a bag from behind him, "It's nothing much, I just bought some ice cream on my way here." He dumped it out in the middle of the circle and everyone's eyes lit up with the sight of the cold treat. Everyone quickly grabbed the flavour they wanted and began to open the packages. Ricky gobbled his down in a matter of minutes only for his smile to be replaced with a frown when he realized he had no more. L.Joe noticed the disappointment on his face and quietly nudged him. He held out his own ice cream which hadn't been opened yet and gave Ricky a small smile, "Here, you can have mine."
Ricky smiled brightly and gladly took it from him as he said thank you.

"Ouuu, L.Joe's being nice, what's the occasion?" Chunji teased when he saw the exchange between the two.

"I can't be nice to my dongsang for no reason?" L.Joe responded as he slung an arm around Ricky's shoulders. But it wasn't for no reason, he felt the need to be kinder to Ricky after overhearing his secret and worrying about him.

Lani just sat back and watched as everyone got along with each other with a smile plastered across her face. Sitting on the floor with her seven closest friends, Lani couldn't ask for more. She was so happy to be back in their presence, and although it was crowded in her one room apartment with eight people sprawled across the floor, Lani knew she was finally home and in that moment she couldn't possibly ask for anything more. 


Thank you everyone so so much for reading and supporting this story. It's the longest one I've ever written and although it took some time, it's finally complete! I love you all so much! Thank you again! And maybe I'll see you in my future stories! I love you guys <3