Seventeen

On The Rooftop

 

Lani woke up the next day with a smile on her face when she saw L.Joe’s peaceful face next to hers. She lightly pecked his forehead making sure not to wake him before carefully getting out of the bed and stretching her stiff muscles. She went to the bathroom to wash up and then headed to the kitchen to get started on breakfast. L.Joe woke up to a wonderful smell roaming the air throughout the apartment. He shifted in the bed to notice Lani wasn’t there. He exited the room and went into the kitchen to find her standing at the stove. He quietly strode over to her and wrapped his arms around her from behind. She was startled and slightly jumped before looking back to see L.Joe sleepily looking at her. She returned her attention to the frying pan in front of her to make sure nothing would burn.

L.Joe rested his head on her shoulder and smiled. “Morning babe.”

His breath in her ear tickled her and she giggled lightly. “Morning,” she chanted, “go wash up and breakfast will be ready.”

“’Kay,” L.Joe said before kissing her cheek and walking off. He returned moments later to a table set for two. He took a seat in one of the four chairs and watched as Lani approached him with a full plate. She placed it in front of him and he smiled as he looked at the bacon and eggs in front of him. She returned to the kitchen and picked up another plate. On the plate, a stack of pancakes sat neatly with syrup dripping down the sides. In the middle of the table was an assortment of fresh fruit laid out nicely on a platter. Lani placed a tall glass of orange juice in front of L.Joe and another cup off to the side where she would be sitting. She took a seat across from L.Joe and smiled at him.

“How long did it take to make all of this…?” L.Joe asked looking at the table in front of him filled with food.

“Hm, not too long,” Lani replied with her finger cutely on her chin in thought. “Eat, before it gets cold.”

L.Joe picked up his utensils and began eating. He ate slowly enjoying the taste of Lani’s hark work.

“That was amazing,” L.Joe complimented as he finished and wiped his mouth with his napkin, “thank you.”

“No problem,” Lani responded lightly with a soft smile.

She stood up and began picking up the dishes. L.Joe swiftly went up to her and placed his hand on hers.

“I’ll clean up,” L.Joe said.

“No, its okay, I’ll do it,” she denied his offer.

“Let me, it’s the least I can do.”

“Are you sure…?”

“Absolutely, go watch TV or something.”

L.Joe gave her a reassuring smile and lightly pushed her in the direction of the living room. She sat on the couch laughing at the sitcom that she had recently become interested in. L.Joe smiled to himself as he listened to her melodic voice echo throughout the apartment. After rinsing the soap covered dishes, L.Joe wiped his wet hands and joined Lani on the couch. He slung an arm around her and she rested her head on his chest. They sat there enjoying the leisure time they had before both of them had to head off to the broadcasting building.

Lani’s manager gave L.Joe a weird look as Lani opened the door for him. “I see you’re friends with all the Teen Top boys,” he commented with an amused smile.

“They’re all really good to me,” she responded with a smile.

“They better be. Lani’s like a little sister to you guys,” he said directly to L.Joe.

L.Joe awkwardly looked at Lani causing her to giggle. Her manager looked at her strangely but waved it off. He invited L.Joe to drive with them since they were all going to the same destination. Once they arrived at the studio, the rest of Teen Top were already getting their makeup done.

“Hyung, where were you?” Ricky asked curiously.

L.Joe just simply pointed back at Lani who entered the room a few minutes later. They all gave her a friendly greeting and they all started chatting. Lani got her hair and makeup done alongside Teen Top so she had company to talk to during the long process. At some point during the hour, Lani and L.Joe began dozing off since they didn’t have much sleep the night before. The room became quiet as the chatter between members came to a stop. Everyone sat there either sleeping or playing with their phones. The stylists were just about done when they all heard a commotion from down the hall. Everyone’s heads perked up at the sudden noise and they shot out of their chairs in curiosity. They all scurried out the door and into the hall just in time to see two security guards carrying a young lady, who had a camera around her neck, around the corner. L.Joe looked closely at her before she was out of sight and filed through his memories for her familiar face.

“Isn’t that one of our fans?” Niel commented to the rest of Teen Top.

“How can you recognize her? We see so many fans on a daily bases,” Chunji pointed out.

“There’s just something about her…” Niel trailed off.

“Ah! That’s right,” CAP started. “She was at our last fan meet! She stuck out because she acted strangely.”

L.Joe faintly remembered a certain fan who seemed to be everywhere he went. It was the same girl from in front of the company building a few months ago. Their manager told them that he would go find out what was going on and pushed them all back into the room. He came back a few moments later and explained that a fan had snuck in through a back door in hope to meet Teen Top, but the security guards took care of it before things got out of hand. Teen Top and Lani dismayed the whole situation and did the final touch ups on their makeup.