Forty One

On The Rooftop

Lani, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Dongwoo all walked down the street side by side. Lani stood in the middle, surrounded by the four boys, still not able to believe that she was hanging out with Infinite. They all spoke comfortably with her, chatting and laughing about everything.

“Wait!” Woohyun exclaimed. “Lani is 18 now… so she can legally drink.” He spotted something across the street and looked at s, “let’s go!”

The five walked upto the red food tent on the street. They walked in and took a seat around one of the tables.

"Ahjumah!" Dongwoo called out. "Three servings of dukboki and two bottles of soju!"

Lani's eyes widened. "Two bottles!? How will we finish that?"

"No worries," Dongwoo smirked.

Myungsoo just shook his head in disapproval to earn a glare from Dongwoo.

"Wae?" Dongwoo shot at him.

"Aniyo, it's nothing," Myungsoo brushed him off.

"If you have something to say just say it!" Dongwoo shot up from his seat ready to fight.

Lani's eyes widened as she stared up at Dongwoo. She grabbed his arm and gave it a tug, "Yah, I think you should sit down, we were attracting a lot of attention to begin with, we don't need anymore."
Dongwoo looked down to where Lani's hand was touching his and then at her. Her gaze met with his before her eyes grew big and she let go of his hand. He sat in defeat and stared down playing with his fingers.

"Pabo," Myungsoo scoffed.

Lani looked over to Sungyeol and Woohyun who were sitting silently as the scene unfolded. Everyone could feel the tension rise, but luckily at that moment the ahjumma brought over their order. 

"Let's all have a shot and agree to have a good time!" Woohyun exclaimed as he popped open the bottle. He poured one for each of them and they all took a shot at once.

“Ahhhhh~” Lani let out as she put down her shot glass.

Myungsoo grabbed the dukboki and took a mouthful.

“Aniyo!” Lani exclaimed, “it’s still really hot!”

“Omo!” Myungsoo coughed. He spit it out into a napkin, “I can’t feel my tongue!” he waved his hand by his tongue trying to cool down the burning sensation.

“Here drink this!” Sungyeol grabbed a plastic cup and filled it to the rim with soju. Myungsoo took it from his hand and without thinking he swallowed the whole thing in one shot.

“Woo! That was hot!” Myungsoo shook his head and chuckled.

“Are you okay?” Lani worriedly asked.

“I’m perfectly fine! Someone! Hit me up!” he slid his shot glass to the center of the table.

“Yah, I think you had enough already, you’re not a good drinker,” Woohyun retorted. He could see Myungsoo getting tipsy already.

“Aniyo! Lani, pour me another,” Myungsoo demanded.

“Uh, okay Myungsoo,” she uneasily stated before grabbing the bottle of soju.

“Call me oppa!” he exclaimed, “Myung-soo o-ppa,” he slowly sounded out for her.

“Okay oppa.”

“Look who’s being the pabo now,” Dongwoo scoffed.

“I’m just having fun!” a goofy smile spread across Myungsoo’s face.

“Yeah! Let’s have some fun!” Sungyeol joined in. He also slid his shot glass across to Lani, encouraging her to pour him a shot. Woohyun shook his head in disappointment as he watched Myungsoo and Sungyeol make fools out of themselves. Lani, Dongwoo, and Woohyun continued drinking also, but in moderation; Woohyun knew L.Joe and Chunji would kill him if he let Lani get as wasted as the two idiots sitting across from him. They finished the dukboki and in no time, they finished the soju, even though Myungsoo and Sungyeol had ordered more. Lani’s cheeks were flushed red and she could feel the dizziness coming on. She let out a yawn and patted her cheeks with her hands. "Huff~" she signed in content and smiled in a tired but goofy way.

"I think it's time for someone to head to bed," Woohyun chuckled as he patted her head.

The five exited the food tent and walked down the street. Lani smiled when she felt the cold air hit her face. She was slightly tipsy along with Woohyun and Dongwoo, unlike Myungsoo and Sungyeol who were staggering along behind them. Lani spoke casually with Dongwoo and Woohyun as they walked, ignoring the other two. 

"Woof woof!" Sungyeol pretended to bark, "Guess who I am!"

"I dun knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, I dun knoooowwww ohhh woahhh yeaahhhhh!" Myungsoo drunkenly sang at the top of his lungs.

“I’m you! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,” Sungyeol couldn’t stop laughing at his own joke.

“Aniyo!” Myungsoo protested.

“Woof woof!” Sungyeol continued, “You sound like a dog! Ahahaha!”

Myungsoo gave Sungyeol a weak shove and smirked at him. Sungyeol pushed him back and exclaimed, “tag you’re it!”

Sungyeol ran ahead of the group laughing like a maniac with Myungsoo following not too far behind him. Lani looked up towards Woohyun and Dongwoo who shook their heads in disappointment. The three could no longer see Sungyeol and Myungsoo but continued on forward. By time they reached down the road, Lani spotted the two sitting on a bench holding hands and singing a song. They seemed to have calmed down, but it was obvious that the alcohol hadn’t worn off.

“Come on guys,” Lani called. They immediately shot up from their seat and ran towards her. They grabbed onto her arms and smiled widely. “Omo!” Lani exclaimed at the unexpected action. She felt the heat rush to her cheeks as she shyly blushed at the affection.

Finally, they arrived at Lani’s apartment, with Myungsoo and Sungyeol still latched onto her. Dongwoo and Woohyun pried the two from her arms before they said their goodbyes.

“I had a lot of fun today, thanks for everything,” Lani beamed.

“It was no problem kiddo!” Dongwoo ruffled her hair and gave her a one armed hug.

“We had fun too!” Myungsoo and Sungyeol happily exclaimed.

“Come on, let Woohyun say bye to her,” Dongwoo grabbed Myungsoo and Sungyeol and began dragging them down the street. They tried to protest, but Dongwoo wouldn’t loosen his grip.

Lani laughed as she watched the three walk down the street. She brought her attention back to Woohyun and smiled up at him.

“Thank you oppa, for today,” she said once again.

“It was my pleasure,” he responded.

“But… I do have one question.”

“What is it?” Woohyun asked.

“How did you know it was my birthday today?”

Woohyun smiled, “that’s my little secret.”

“But –” she started.

“But nothing~ Go in and get some rest! Bye!” Woohyun turned and started jogging towards the others. He e last time and waved before he saw Lani enter her building.

 


 

another infinite chapter ~ :)

and OTL im sorry for the late update. i've been so under the weather lately and i didnt want my sadness to seep into the story..also i havent been in the mood to write with everything thats going on...

i'll try to continue updating weekly tho~