One

On The Rooftop

 

“I need you to get his DNA,” said Lani in a stern voice.

“….What?” Chunji looked at her with a blank stare.

“I need you to get L.Joe’s DNA,” she repeated slowly.

“I can’t do that!” he exclaimed in disbelief.

“Of course you can. You do live with him,” replied Lani with a smile of victory.

“But...why?”

“I need it.”

“Why Lani? Tell me why and if it’s a good enough reason… I doubt it… I’ll get it for you.”

“I NEED IT DAMMIT!” she yelled unable to keep her cool. She fell to the floor as tears began to flow.

“Lani…? Wanna tell me what’s going on?” said Chunji worriedly as he put his arm around her, her long brown hair.

“I think I’m pregnant.” She whispered.

Chunji froze and Lani looked up at him.

“…Chunji…?” she said quietly staring at him.

“What do you mean…? To be pregnant, you’d have to have with L.Joe… but he’s not that careless…” Chunji trailed off in his own thoughts.

“It’s all my fault! I met him one day on top of the company building after being scolded by the trainer. L.Joe told me not to give up and that if I kept trying, I could debut soon. We continued talking…and one thing led to another…and by time I’d realized what happened...it was too late.”

“You and L.Joe had on top of a building!?” Chunji said with wide eyes.

Lani gave him a death glare, “Honestly…THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!”

“Oh...right...sorry,” Chunji said sheepishly. “But, L.Joe’s the only possible father, why do you need his DNA?”

Lani looked down in embarrassment and didn’t speak. They were silent until it finally clicked in Chunji’s head.

“He’s not the only one is he!?” Chunji was shocked. In that moment, the way he viewed Lani completely changed. 

“No! No! No!” exclaimed Lani. “I don’t just go sleeping around with people. What do you think I am?!”

“Well… you’re not exactly sure who the father is so…you know….” Chunji shut up when Lani gave him a dirty look.

“The week before, I was with my boyfriend…so it’s either his or L.Joe’s…”

“…You have a boyfriend but you slept with L.Joe? Well I see why you can’t just go ask for his DNA…”

“We broke up before that… that’s why I can’t get his DNA. I can’t even contact him.”

After much consideration, Chunji agreed to help, only because Lani was his best friend and he did care a lot about her. They’d been through so much together; he couldn’t turn her down in her time of need.

-

The next day, Chunji awoke late but was determined to complete his mission. He headed to the bathroom to grab L.Joe’s tooth brush, but it wasn’t there.

“L.Joe,” Chunji called out, “Where’s your toothbrush?”

“Ricky dropped it in the toilet by accident, so I threw it out,” replied L.Joe as Ricky giggled.

Dammit thought Chunji. He decided to go to plan B. Chunji asked L.Joe to help him cook lunch and even though it took awhile, L.Joe finally agreed. While L.Joe was stirring the pot, Chunji threw pepper at his face pretending he missed the pot. L.Joe was about to sneeze and Chunji handed him a tissue.

“Let me throw that out for you,” said Chunji after L.Joe had sneezed into the tissue.

“… That’s fine,” replied L.Joe and he tossed it into the garbage.

AHHHH! WHY IS HE MAKING THIS SO DIFFICULT! Chunji thought getting frustrated.  Time for plan C. Chunji picked up a knife and started cutting vegetables where L.Joe had placed his hand.

“Yah! What are you doing so close to my hand?! What if you cut me?!” L.Joe pulled his hand away and shoved it into his pocket.

That’s what I was trying to do, but I guess it’s time for plan D.

After they had finished cooking and eating, they all took time to rest before practice. L.Joe was seated in front of the TV watching a drama with Niel. As L.Joe got up for a drink, Chunji ran towards him at full speed and punched him in the stomach. The force pushed L.Joe back and he landed on the couch, squishing Niel.

“YAH!” they both screamed at the same time.

“What are you doing?!” yelled L.Joe who was clearly furious.

I was trying to make you cry… thought Chunji.

“Erm… I thought I saw a spider on your shirt… I guess I saw wrong…” Chunji laughed awkwardly and ran to his room.

-

“I’ve tried everything! But I just can’t get it.” CAP over heard Chunji talking on the phone as he was walking past his room.

CAP pressed himself against the door trying to hear more.

“I tried his toothbrush, he threw it away. I tried to make him cry, I even tried to make him bleed!” CAP continued listening but couldn’t figure out who Chunji was talking to.

He lightly knocked on the door and walked in. He looked away as Chunji ended his phone conversation.

“Hyung, what’s up?” said Chunji trying to act natural.

“What are you trying to get? And from who?” CAP’s tone was serious and his gaze wouldn’t leave Chunji’s.

Chunji tried to make up an excuse but CAP saw right through him. After CAP’s persistent asking, Chunji finally broke and told him. CAP wasn’t too surprised that L.Joe got someone pregnant; he seemed like the player type.

After getting over the shock that it was a trainee in their company CAP said, “Can’t you just wait for him to sweat during practice…?”

Chunji was dumbfounded, how did he not think of that. 

CAP and Chunji announced that they would be starting practice early that day and the members weren’t so please, especially Changjo who was taking a peaceful nap in Niel’s room. Once practice ended Chunji handed L.Joe a small towel to wipe away his sweat. He took it back and he and CAP quickly made their way to where Lani was staying.

Lani ran to the door when she heard a knock and Chunji’s voice call out her name. When she opened it, Chunji handed her a plastic bag with the small white towel folded inside.

“Thank you so much!” she exclaimed as she was about to hug him, when she noticed someone behind Chunji. “CAP…? What are you doing here?”

“He just wanted to make sure everything was okay with you. You know, he may look mean, but he’s actually really sweet,” reassured Chunji with a slight smile.

Lani’s eyes widened. “You told him!?”

“…uhh…you see-” Chunji was cut off by CAP who finally decided to speak.

“I overheard him on the phone with you and forced him to tell me… I won’t tell anyone, promise,” explained CAP.

The two boys went with Lani to her doctor to drop off the towel. The doctor said the results would be delivered to her by the end of the week. …the end of the week? Thought Lani, but its only Tuesday…

The three of them returned to Lani’s apartment and stayed for a cup of tea. It was only 10 o’ clock, but Lani announced she had to get to sleep for early morning practice.

“Practice? You can’t possibly be planning to continue training while you’re pregnant,” said CAP in a concerning tone.

“CAP hyung’s right, that can’t possibly be good for the baby,” added Chunji.

Lani compromised with them and agreed to only practice her vocals and stay away from dancing for now.


 

[A/N] Hoohoo ~ Hello ~ Author here (: This was just the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for any mistakes D: Comments and feedback are much appreciated (: !