Lunch

Complicated

I have to admit, I feel pretty terrible after what just happened. Yongguk was nice enough to bring me out to lunch. We walked to a nearby restaurant. During the walk, we talked about almost everything. I told him that I need to find a school to go to and I need to find a job so I can earn money myself. Confused, Yongguk looked at me and asked, 

"Hyuna, you're so young. Why do you need a job? Don't your parents send you money?"

I looked at my feet, I knew this was coming. "No. My mother ran off from my father a few years ago and I just ran away from home today."

Yongguk was silent. The atmosphere suddenly become awkward. I was about to break the ice but I got beat to it.

"Why did you run away?" Yongguk said in a tone full of concern. I want to tell him. I really do. I just don't know where to start.

"It's kind of a long story.."

"Well...we've got plenty of time to talk."

"Yeah.." We passed by this man screaming at a child. The child was crying and holding a little soft toy in her hand. The man was scolding her, I couldn't exactly hear what he was saying but I was disgusted. I turned my head away. My eyes got watery because that scene reminded me of my own father and I. 

*flashback*

It was only two nights ago when this happened. I went home late at around 11pm. No, I wasn't out partying or clubbing like all those other normal teenagers. I was at the library studying. I could never focus at home because of all the loud noises my father and his bloody drunk "friends" made. I walked toward the doorstep and saw a few pairs of shoes. He must've brought them over again, I thought to myself. I got out my key and unlocked the door. I tried my best to make them not notice me but unfortunately, they heard the door close.

"Where were you? Were you out partying with your boyfriend?" my father said. I cringed at the smell of his breath and I simply said, "No. I was at the library studying."

"I was at the library studying~" he imitated you. "Why are you always studying? Why don't you live a little?"  I ignored the question and rolled my eyes. I started to walk upstairs but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me and said, "and WHERE exactly do you think you're going?"

"to my room. Let go of me." I said sternly. I tried to pull my hand away but he was too strong. 

"I don't think so. Now, let me introduce you to my friends. and maybe you can do a little show for them." and with that, he pulled me into the living room. The place reeked of alcohol and sweat. It was disgusting. I resisted the urge to hurl. His idoit friends howled at me when he dragged me in.

"IS THIS THE STRIPPER FOR TONIGHT?"  one man with a protruding beer gut asked. 

"I AM NOT A STRIPPER." I said angrily at the man and glared at him.

"OHHH, this one's fiesty. I like that," the man said back to me and then he high fived the two other disgusting men sitting next to him.

"DAD. LET GO OF MY ARM. I WANT TO GO TO MY ROOM." 

"You're not going anywhere."  my father said. At that point, I was so frustrated I did something that I'd never thought I would do. I extended my other arm and slapped his across the face.

"WHAT THE WHAT THAT FOR?" he asked, anger and hate filled his eyes as he glared at me.

"Let me go!!" I continued to say.

"NOT AFTER WHAT YOU JUST DID!" He took my other arm and flung me against the wall, kicking me in the stomach. "I AM YOUR FATHER. HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT!" He wanted to fling me against the wall again but he missed and I hit into a glass cabinet, breaking the glass. I fell to the ground, my legs bleeding due to the shattered glass. 

"LEAVE." He finally said. I tried to get up but the pain was too much. After a few minutes of struggling, I put one hand one the floor and pushed myself up. Tiny little glass shards went into my palm. I wanted to run. Run out of this house. This country. Away from him. But I couldn't, so I tried my best and climbed up the stairs and went into my room. 

I locked my room door, climbed on my bed and cried silently into my pillow. This will stop one day. It has to. I can't keep living like this. 

--

"Hyuna? Are you okay?" Yongguk said to me, looking even more confused than before. 

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I said with a fake smile, shrugging off the thought of that night. 

"Okay then. We're already here."

"Let's go in."

 

Author's note : Please leave some feedback! I'd really like to know what you guys think about this. And also suggest some ideas C: 

Thanks for reading! More chapters are on their way! c: