I'm Sorry....

Complicated

 

Yongguk brought me outside and gave me a serious look.

 

“What is it?” I asked him.

 

“It’s about Zelo. Recently, he’s been-“

 

“I don’t wanna hear about Zelo. I’m done dealing with all his immature problems.”

 

“No, Hyuna. Listen to me. Zelo…he’s not very stable right now. His cancer isn’t getting any better and you know he just had heart surgery. He’s very weak. He can’t even breathe on his own. And he keeps on crying and screaming which makes him even weaker. The worst thing is, he knows that but he doesn’t want to stop. He really wants to talk to you, Hyuna. Just give him a chance. The kid is dying.”

 

“I can’t give him another chance, Yongguk. He almost killed Daehyun and he won’t even tell me why he did it. He’s just too immature.” I said, shaking my head.

 

“STOP THINKING ABOUT DAEHYUN AND YOURSELF ONLY!” Yongguk shouted, “Think about Zelo. He might be the stupidest and most immature kid in the world but he needs to see you. He’s dying. Daehyun is fine now; he just needs time to heal. I’m pretty sure Daehyun would want to go see him too even after what Zelo did to him.”

 

I sighed. Yongguk was right. Sure, Zelo is dumb and immature for trying to kill Daehyun but I can’t just let him die like that. I wouldn’t forgive myself.

 

“Fine, I’ll go see him. Take me there right now.”

 

Yongguk led me to Zelo’s room and left me inside alone with Zelo who was sleeping. I walked closer to him and inspected his face. He was even thinner than the last time I saw him and it broke my heart. I shook him gently and he opened his eyes.

 

“Hyuna…” he said, barely louder than a whisper. Tears streamed down his face and he tried to lift his arm.

 

“I’m sorry for what I said, Zelo.” I went closer and hugged him, “I was mad and I had to blame someone. I’m so sorry. I’m here for you now. Please, forgive me.” Tears started to stream down my face, too.

 

“I…don’t…want…to…die.” Zelo said once more. He cried into my hair and we stayed there for a few moments.

 

“It’s going to be okay,” I pulled out of the hug and reassured him softly, “You won’t die.”

 

“I’m…going to die…I can feel it.” Zelo said weakly. I wiped away his tears and tried to smile for him. I couldn’t say anything because I felt it I opened my mouth, I would sob uncontrollably.

 

Zelo started coughing out blood and I froze. I didn’t know what to do. I grabbed some tissues and a glass of water which were on the side table and I helped him wipe his mouth. I brought the glass closer to his lips but he shook his head.

 

“Are you sure? I think you should really take a drink.” I said to him.

 

He shook his head once more and smiled. “I’m sorry…” he whispered and then his eyes closed shut.