The Fan Meeting

A Perfectly Starry Dream ✰

I opened my eyes slowly and realizing it was today, my heart skipped a beat. It was Saturday. Saturday, the blessed yet nerve-wrecking day I would finally meet them. I got out of bed and calmed myself; I was just going to meet the 5 people who meant so much to me.

I looked at the time; it was 10:30am. This is usually fine on weekends (trust me, I need this much sleep), but not on SHINee Saturday...!

The fan meeting starts in 1 hour!

 

I jumped out of bed and went into my closet.

Existential question: what should I wear?!

Should I go for flirty? … Nah, they’d just think I’m a flirt and I wouldn’t stand looking like that in front of SHINee.

Maybe sporty? … Nah, I’m definitely not sporty. Sports confuse me. Especially when I have to follow a ball with my eyes...

 

But, soon enough, the confusion and nervousness I was feeling simply because of a simple outfit confused me.

Oh what am I doing?

I’ll just stick to what I’ve been best at.

Casual.

I knew this meeting would not be much to them, and that, the instant we would part ways, I would be back to where I was. Bullied, but happy with my own means. It saddened me a bit though, that they were so much in my world, but that I was nothing in theirs.

My shoulders slumped down; I started to lose confidence in meeting them. But the realization that I was already giving up right before the meeting brought the fires of motivation back into my mind.

Oh what am I doing getting all depressed before even meeting them!

I gave myself a slap and continued to rummage through my closet. After a few minutes of intensive searching, I found the perfect one-piece dress that was not too flirty and pretty at the same time. It was colored a pale gray, with beautiful designs of orchids ornamenting it. It extended to my knees, at a comfortable length that was considered not too short nor too long.

  
 

I checked myself in the mirror one last time and twirled around; a smile appeared on my usually sad face. I took my silver handbag, put my blue cellphone in it, then walked over to the door. I could feel slight confidence trailing along the unfamiliar lines of my mind. I had slight hope that this meeting would somehow be magical, extraordinary. But I'm probably just feeding the hopes of a fangirl now.

“Umma~! I’m leaving!” I said in direction of the living room. My mom usually spent her Saturdays watching dramas on TV.

“O-okay honey! Don’t be too late home and… h-have fun,” she said back, her voice cracking as she cried over the uncle who had just died from a heart attack.

I put on my black high-heeled boots and went outside, making sure to lock the door. I looked at my watch… and it was 10:50.

I rushed for the nearest bus station.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I walked into the room where the fan meeting would be held. All of the staff were running around, planning where the fans would sit, where they would start the line for them to meet us, what songs from our albums they would play.

I felt a bit bad that their job was to worry over our fan meeting. I soon brushed that thought away, knowing it was futile to dwell on it, and went to sit at my designated spot at the table on the stage. Taemin was already seated and had his earphones on, moving his head slightly in rhythm with the music he was listening to. I took one of his earphones and listened; it was Hysterie by Infinite. It was just like Taemin, to listen to songs with a strong beat.

 

I looked at my watch; there were only 15 minutes left until they would start letting the fans come in. Minho and Onew walked in by then, and sat down in their respective seats. The manager walked in, and noticed that Key wasn’t here yet; not like it was supposed to be surprising though.

I yawned and slumped down in my seat, feeling tired and without energy.

Maybe I needed some time for myself after this.

Actually, that’s already done. I’ve been feeling alone for quite a while, actually. Not that the rest of the group weren’t fun to be with. They’re a great bunch, but it’s just not the same. I missed my family, but it was what I chose as a way of life, and I will not regret it.

Maybe I should give Umma a call after though.

 

 

Key came in casually, with stylish headphones over his ears. He sat at his place, took them off then stretched. The manager looked at him, a bit irritated, and asked him where he was.

“Bathroom,” he answered, shrugging. It was Key for you, after all.

The manager just rolled his eyes and told the staff to open the doors and let the fans in. Taemin took off his earphones; Key fixed his hair distractively; Onew smiled at the first fans coming in; Minho drank out of his water bottle. I straightened myself up slowly. It was time for the usual schedule.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee’s POV

There it was.

I looked at the immense skyscraper in front of me, panting from all the running I did. I looked at my reflection in the black doors and saw that I looked kinda like a mess. Kinda.

I fixed my hair and took out the ticket. I immediately smiled and kissed it.

Thank you whoever or whatever made this happen!

I walked over to grab the door, but I hesitated. In just a few minutes, I was going to see SHINee for real.

It seemed a bit astounding, a bit… scary actually. I didn’t know what I was expecting exactly. I tried not to get my hopes up, to tell myself that I was just a wrinkle in their existence and that, after this, I would never see them again. But somehow, I couldn't help but hope. I felt like something was about to change in my life. I wanted something to change in my life.

But who was I to have SHINee consider me any differently from the other fans?

 

I shook my head to snap out of this useless haze of hope clouding my mind. I summed up all my courage, and went in.

At the entrance, a woman in professional clothes was standing next to a cardboard of SHINee. I walked over to her and asked if this was where the fan meeting was held. She nodded and said that the meeting had just started.

She asked for my ticket; I stared at it one last time, a bit heartbroken that I’d have to separate myself from it. I gave it to her with a saddened smile. It felt as if I was exchanging this lucky charm for a chance to win the lottery. In this case though, it was for a chance to be with them, to make memories with them.

She gave me the pass where I had to write my name on, then let me in. I opened the door shyly, hoping I wouldn’t disturb anything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

The manager was talking in the microphone, thanking the fans for attending the fan meeting; the fans cheered loudly. I smiled at them, and gave them a thumbs up. They all started giggling and laughing loudly; it didn’t surprise me anymore that I had this much influence on them.

 

It was our turn to say a greeting. Onew was the one who had to start.

“Annyeonghaseyo~. This is Leader Onew,” he started. All the fans cheered. “I want to thank you guys for taking part of your time to come. (The fans shouted “It’s okay!”) To us, you guys are what makes us SHINee. Without fans, we wouldn’t be this far. Even if we have met already, will today or won’t, we consider everyone who calls themselves a Shawol one. So thank you again everyone for all your support.”

The fans cheered again, some of them shouting “I love you Onew!". It was Minho’s turn.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Flaming Charisma Minho (The fans shouted “We know!”),” he said, smiling. “Today is a special day. It is a day where we get to meet even more of you Shawols. And, even if we haven’t met all of you yet, we are one step closer to meeting every one person that forms the Shawol community. As Onew said, SHINee wouldn’t be what it is today without all of you, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you.”

The fans yelled in support and Minho smiled handsomely. It was Taemin’s turn.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Maknae Taemin!” he said, working his charm. “We are known for idols with many noona fans, but it doesn’t mean that there are only noona fans in the Shawol community. No matter your age, we will love you! Therefore, thank you for being there for us. You guys are the best fans ever!”

He made a heart sign and smiled. The fans shouted “We love you too!”

It was now Key’s turn.

“Annyeonghaseyo~. It’s Almighty Key!” he said with a strong voice. “It’s been a while since we’ve promoted and I’m sure you guys must have missed us. (The fans yelled “We did!”) We know you have missed seeing us sing, so during this meeting, be prepared to hear us sing live, just for you guys! We have been working hard for many activities and we are thankful to all of you guys for supporting us in all of them!”

He beamed and gave them a heart sign, as well. The fans cheered fervently.

 

It was now my turn. But I honestly didn’t have much to say after all that. I took my microphone slowly, thinking of what to say. That’s when I noticed a girl, arriving late probably, entering. She was wearing a pretty cute one-piece dress, and seemed a bit shy. She gave me an idea. I knew just what to say now.

“Annyeonghaseyo~! I’m Bling Bling Jonghyun~!” I said in a happy voice. “Many people have been... asking us what our ideal type of girl was, hoping they would fit in with that description and would sometimes even try to change themselves. But, to tell you the truth, it’s better if everyone just stayed themselves.  Even if you’re shy and a bit awkward or just wearing a floral one-piece dress, it doesn’t change the fact that we love all our fans equally. So thank you all for coming and we promise you it won’t be time wasted!”

I winked and smiled. The fans cheered eagerly. I could see from the corner of my eye that the girl with the floral one-piece dress was blushing, and had sat in the last row. I laughed interiorly; it was cute when girls blushed like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee’s POV

Is it a coincidence that I just happened to be wearing a floral one-piece dress and am really shy...? The hope inside me soared, and I could feel my cheeks heating up. I covered my cheeks and shook my head, trying to calm myself down.

It’s fine, it’s fine. Maybe he had another girl in mind.

Suddenly curious, I looked up at Jonghyun, and saw that he was looking in my direction, smirking. My heart melted; his gaze fascinated yet intimidated me at the same time. I looked at Taemin instead, who was smiling just like an angel. I tried to concentrate on his every move, but my eyes continued to divert back to Jonghyun.

 

It must be because of his looks.

Yeah, probably!

Goodness, why’re you so good-looking, Kim Jonghyun?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *

Hey guys~! I'm back with a new chapter~! I know I'm slow, but I prefer to be all quality than quantity, you know. <3 Thank you for supporting me by reading! I love all my readers, whether they be silent or not! ^^ If you are a silent reader, please support by subscribing though! If not, subscribe still! ^^

Thank you Zei for the wonderful edited picture! <3