"But You Can't Always Do What You Want, Right?"

A Perfectly Starry Dream ✰

Sang Hee’s POV

By now, I really was distracted by Taemin. The way he stared around like a little kid made me “Awww~” inside; he also had very soft-looking skin. I didn’t pay much attention anymore to Jonghyun and my heart had started to beat at a normal pace again. The manager soon took the microphone, and cleared his voice.

“We are going to start the questions period. If you have a question, please raise your hand, and we’ll come right away with the microphone.” the manager said.

Many girls immediately raised their hand, but in an orderly and respectful manner. I felt a bit relieved that fan meetings weren’t like I thought they would be: wild and unorganized, with fangirls screaming all the time.

The atmosphere was calm and comforting; I was starting to feel at ease. The SHINee members were smiling, as well. For once, I felt at home, without fear of being hurt or laughed at.

All of these fans had come for one same reason: their love for SHINee. This common element made me feel like we could understand each other, and that we were close, no matter our differences. Happiness filled me and I looked around, curious if I was the only one feeling this way. The girl beside me was smiling calmly; she was listening to the questions and giggled when Onew would answer, while including chicken in it.

Forgetting my most loved group was answering questions, I started listening, as a means to satisfy my curiosity as well.

There was no way that I’d raise my hand and ask a question, so listening to others ask instead was fine by me.

One of the questions were: “Would you be fine with dating a fan? If so, how open are you to the number of times you see each other?”

Hey, that’s a pretty good question. I’m curious who will answer and how.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

The manager looked at me, and asked me what I would answer to that question. Trust me, I love the fans, but sometimes, I wished they didn’t ask such private questions. How should I answer? They were our fans, so I couldn’t be that dishonest with them, but I’d like to keep some privacy...

 

I took my microphone slowly, smiling in a supposedly flirty way, as usual. It’s weird though, because it’s just the way I smile; I never tried to look flirty, but that was always the impression I gave.

“Well, I know it’s pretty obvious I have to answer “yes” one way or the other, but it’s pretty true that I would date a fan...” I started, trying to find the right words. “The only problem is my busy schedule, and how certain I am that she would be strong enough to withstand not seeing each other for long periods of time. I’d want to see someone I love obviously, but you can’t always do what you want, right?”

The other members approved with a nod and the fans all aww-ed and yelled “I’d understand though!”.

Fans can be so cute sometimes.

 

Truth is, I really did answer honestly there; I had already half-heatedly given up on dating by now. I couldn’t stand putting myself and another person I’d love so much through the trouble of a relationship that would most probably end.

 

The manager took another question: “Have you ever been hurt by a girl before and if so, how?”

Fans and their curiosity...

 

The manager asked Taemin to answer, which was a smart move; the members and I smirked at the mention of his name. We all knew Taemin had nothing to say about that since he had no experience, so it was fine for all of us.

“Well, I haven’t dated anyone yet...” he said shyly. “So I don’t know yet of how it’s like to kiss someone I’ll love alot nor do I know how it’s like to be hurt... Sorry for not being able to answer.” He had a sad expression, which immediately made the fans scream “Don’t worry!”.

 

Nice one, Taem- Oh wait, that’s really true. Kinda sad actually...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee’s POV

I giggled at Taemin’s answer. I didn’t expect any less from SHINee’s maknae. Wasn’t he 17 now though? He must be really busy to not have ever dated. It must be a bit sad too, to live a life without love...

Not like I’ve ever been in one either, so I guess I couldn’t judge him.

 

The girl beside me was listening to the questions when she suddenly turned and stared at me. I got nervous all of a sudden; what did she want? She slowly extended her hand towards me and... poked me? I looked at her, surprised, waiting for her to say something that could help me be less confused. She just grinned and asked me how I was finding the meeting.

“Fine I guess...” I said, a bit awkward and shy.

“That's great!” She replied happily. “My name is Stephanie by the way, but you can call me Stephy~. I’m not really a fan of SHINee though... I won the contest, hoping I’d get a ticket for a fan meeting of TVXQ, but I just got SHINee’s.”

She wasn’t a fan of SHINee? Well, that’s kinda awkward, going to a fan meeting of a group you didn’t even like...

Why was she telling me this anyways?

 

“O-Oh. It’s too bad you didn’t get a ticket for TVXQ’s fan meeting,” I said, trying to find something else to say. “SHINee are still idols, so it’s not that bad right?”

She looked at me for a moment, then smiled. “Yeah! ... Hey, you must live in Seoul right? Want to hang out sometime? Give me your phone number~.”

Well, this girl is really weird... Was she making fun of me?

“Uuuhhh... Sure...” I said, uncertain. She took out her cellphone, and waited for me to tell her my phone number. I told it to her a bit reluctantly, hoping I wouldn’t regret it later.

After taking it, she suddenly gasped and stared in front. I stared at her with an inquiring look.

What now...?

 

“I’m so sorry, I made you miss some answers from SHINee,” she said guiltily. “You must be a real fan, unlike me, right?”

At that question, I suddenly remembered where I was. SHINee was in the same room as I was, but I had gotten distracted. That girl must really be special to make my attention divert from SHINee like that...

It must be her randomness.

 

“Yeah, they mean alot to me.” I said, returning my attention to the brilliant stars in front.

More than you could ever imagine...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was time for a little performance from SHINee; my heart pounded at the thought of hearing them sing live. They had gotten up from behind the table, and were now sitting on stools with their microphones in hand, ready to sing. Key had shed away his cool side, and seemed hyper now; Taemin was cute as usual; Minho was cool as always; Onew was his usual dorky side; Jonghyun was smiling in a flirty way, as usual.

“We’ll start with Hello, since we all know this is the song all of you have missed the most~.” Key said in a joyful voice.

 

 

 

Mood Song: Hello [Orchestra Remix] - SHINee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17S-QTSRV8

 

 

It was actually the Orchestra remix they sang last November on MBC Icon; Minho wasn’t there last time, but now, he had the occasion to sing. They were all smiling as they sang, softly as if they were singing us to sleep; Jonghyun’s voice in particular stood out to me. I held my hands together and closed my eyes, listening to their angelic voice; the song filled my heart and became one with it.

 

 

 

When I act like this I realize I’m actually young
She's right in front of me but I don’t know what to do
How do you start love?
People who have loved please tell me
Will there be a day when I'll be able to hold her hand?
Will there be a day when I'll be able to kiss her above her closed eyes?

This is not the first time
Truthfully I’ve loved and parted
But it’s hard, please believe in me
You are different

Hello Hello This time I’ll put myself out there
Hello Hello Ooh yeah~ Baby Baby Baby girl
Hello Hello I don’t know how you’re feeling now
Who knows we might actually…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before I could notice it, they had finished singing. I opened my eyes slowly; it felt like I was coming out of a daze. A hazy but sweet one. I couldn't explain exactly what was this feeling, but I knew it warmed my heart insanely so.

All the fans were cheering; their cheers didn’t seem to startle me though. I gazed at them, smiling.

For now, it was only SHINee that shone in my world.

Just like they always had.

 

 

 

 

 

A voice pulled me out of the daze.

“That was an amazing performance!” Stephy said happily. “How do you feel~?”

I smiled at her.

“Great!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it felt like this chapter was less interesting than the others ^^; I had to go on with the usual fan meeting stuffz, so it ended being a bit boring. The next chapter's where the real stuff starts, so do not despair~!

Thank you for supporting me, everyone who has ^^ Love my subscribers. <3