The Signing And The Cellphone

A Perfectly Starry Dream ✰

Mood song: Stand by U [Interpreted by PRINTGAKUFU on piano] - TVXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZnPGi7Pps

 Jonghyun’s POV

There she was. Staring at the floor as she walked towards Onew. I had seen some fans act this way before. I felt like telling her it would be alright, that there was no need to be this shy. It made me feel bad when fans were this shy. It made me feel like they were scared of us. I looked at Onew intently, hoping he would get my telepathic message to make her feel better. He seemed to get the hint and welcomed her with a warm smile.

Good, Onew. For once, I’m proud of you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee’s POV

I started walking on the stairs before ending up on the stage. I stared at the floor; I felt SHINee’s stares on me. Don’t faint, don’t faint. I felt my legs trembling as I walked over to Onew. I was probably blushing by then. He smiled at me warmly, trying to reassure me.

“Annyeonghaseyo~!” he started happily. “Who do I sign this to?”

This initiative helped me regain control of myself. My throat felt dry, but I tried to speak.

“T-To Jwa Sang Hee…” I said shyly. Oh god, I’m going to die!!

He looked at me reassuringly and started to sign on the SHINee picture that was given to every fan in a fluid handwriting. He gave it to me and said “Thank you for being a Shawol and supporting us so much~.”

Oh goodness, Onew thanked me~!

His kindness was overflowing and warmed my heart; the image he was giving was one of a compassionate person. Just looking at him smile so much immediately gave me confidence somehow. There was nothing that was more precious at that moment than the paper I was holding in my hands.

I took the paper with trembling hands, smiling shyly to him. I then walked over to Minho. My footsteps seemed louder than ever. My heartbeat continued to race wildly in my chest. I softly slid the paper in front of him and smiled the best I could. He looked at me and gave me a heart-warming smile.

“To who do I sign this?” he asked politely. So charming~. Definitely deserved the nickname of Flaming Charisma.

“To S-Sang Hee…” I said, smiling. He slid his silver pen over the paper and imprinted his signature on the picture. He then closed his pen and gave it back to me.

“Thank you for coming! We’re extremely grateful to you for supporting us all the time." He smiled kindly; just like in Hello Baby, he really was a gentle and caring person. Whoever doubted him, stating that this kindness was all an act, was wrong.

I walked a few more steps towards Key this time; I was actually starting to feel at ease. My heart was still pounding, but less quickly than before. Key was twirling his pen around his fingers quite swiftly and smiling at me as I walked over to him. I found myself smiling back; my legs were still trembling though. The feeling of fear of messing up was gone though: instead of feeling like idols, they felt more like kind people, who understood that I was shy and accepted it.

I slowly slid my paper in front of him; he opened his pen gracefully. "So, what's your name?" he asked energetically. He was nodding his head slightly to Lucifer, which was playing in the background. He was wearing a few silver rings on both hands.

Still as fashionable and diva-ish as his reputation stated.

 

"T-The name's Sang Hee." I muttered.

Oh no, what's wrong with me. I still can't speak loud enough...

He looked at me with an inquiring look. "What~?" he asked kindly; he was smiling, as a means to comfort me. This gave me more courage and I started smiling more.

"The name's Sang Hee!" I said, a bit too loud though.

Pabo! Just embarassed myself in front of Key...

 

He looked at me, then... laughed. It wasn't a mean or defaming laugh; it was actually a light-hearted and surprisingly kind laugh. It was so different from the sneers I heard at school, so much warmer than the cackles I heard in class.

"Chill out Sang Hee-ah." he said, chuckling. He called me by my name! Almighty Key called me by my name~! "We're not dangerous, are we? ... Oh, Onew over there might bully you for chicken, but other than him, you don't need to feel so shy~."

Onew had heard that though and glared at Key. "Don't go ruining my reputation amongst our fans like that! Aish, it's because of you guys that people think I'm a chicken-obsessed freak!" I giggled a bit at their sight; Key noticed that and smiled.

"There~. You look way better when you're less tense." he said in a motherly tone. Definitely the Umma side showing now. He gracefully signed on the picture, handed it back to me and winked. "Thank you for coming, and you better lose that shyness next time we see you~!"

"O-Okay, I will!" I said, grinning. Key's really kind~. I officially approve of his Umma status. I took the picture, now signed with 3 magnificent signatures and walked away.

 

 

It was now Taemin's turn. My heart was starting to beat at a normal pace, and my legs had stopped trembling. I couldn't believe it: the usually shy and nervous me was actually starting to feel comfortable around the stars I had always looked up at. This gave me even more courage, and I started to display how I was truly feeling: happy and blissful. Taemin looked at me and grinned as I walked over to him. I gently put the paper down in front of him calmly, smiling.

"Annyeonghaseyo~!" he said in his cute manner. "May I ask if you're my dongsaeng or my noona?"

Huh? Well, that's a weird question, but it made me happy that we were going to have a tiny conversation at least.

The only problem was...

 

"Um... When was your birthday?" I asked, embarassed. Yup, I didn't know Taemin's birthday, therefore I didn't know his age... He laughed softly at my answer.

"It's okay if you didn't know. I was born on July 18th, 1993. You can do the math, right?" he inquired, smirking.

Oh, isn't this a new evil side I'm finding in Taemin?

I didn't need to do the math though, I was born on the same year as him. Ha!

 

"No need to, I was born on the same year as you." I said, a mix of a smirk and a shy smile; I surprised myself.

Wow, I'm really starting to become more comfortable around them...

This wasn't so bad, after all.

 

He gazed at me, surprised, then laughed again.

"Well, I guess that's no use!" he said, smiling. He took his pen and opened it. "To who do I sign this to?"

"To Sang Hee." I answered, smiling. This unexpected turn of events filled my heart with endless bliss.

To be able to joke around with them, to be able to talk with them, to be able to be in the same room as them.

In my eyes, at that moment, nothing could compare to these amazing events that had fallen upon me.

As I looked back at all the times I was alone, it all seemed to fade away. The only moment that mattered now was the present, the fan meeting, the happiness, SHINee.

 

"Alright Sang Hee-ah~. Thank you for coming and supporting us!" He smiled and made a heart sign; my heart melted.

Why so cute, Taemin~.

Ohgoodness, I'm a victim to Taemin's charms...

Not regretting it though!

 

He gave me back the paper and smiled one last time at me.

I took it, now feeling happiness starting to be weighed down by disappointment. It was almost over: my fan meeting was almost over, and my daily life will soon start over. I didn't want to leave, I didn't want this to end. I had met four of the five stars. There was only one left. One left before it all ends. One left before I sink back into my lonely days.

My legs started trembling again, and my heart started to ache. My throat started to constrict itself as I held back tears.

 

Don't cry now...!

Not in front of them...

Not during the meeting...

 

I walked slowly towards Jonghyun; I couldn't face the last member of SHINee... I knew I had to face him and be polite though.

I looked up slowly and looked right into his eyes. They were shining and welcoming. He was smiling at me calmly; he was even handsomer than I had ever noticed before. My heart skipped a beat. I froze in my steps. It was a different feeling from when I swooned over SHINee.

A completely different, more vibrant, more core-shaking feeling.

 

I knew I had to continue walking; I was probably looking stupid by now. I could feel frustration welling up inside of me at my own helplessness, at my own contradicting emotions.

Ugh, why must I be like this, now of all times!

I stepped closer to Jonghyun, but my heart beat even faster, and my legs started trembling again. I could feel my throat suddenly becoming dry. My heart felt tightened, constricted by a warm yet suffocating feeling. I lost my breath at his sight.

What was this feeling?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

The rest of the members had helped her feel more at ease: by now, she was genuinely smiling. It made me happy that this shy Shawol felt a bit better, if not way more at ease now.

Team SHINee did a good job helping another Shawol today~!

 

As she walked away from Taemin, into my direction, I smiled at her kindly, as a way to reassure her. The opposite of what I expected happened though.

She just stopped walking and stared at me, as if in a daze.

 

Whaaaaat?!

 

We stayed there, staring at each other for a while. A sudden unease gloomed over us. It was rare for this to happen during meetings. It completely took me aback. All the other members were also staring at her, surprised.

To my relief, after what seemed like hours, she started walking again, but her legs were trembling once agin. She was trying to smile, but it was obvious she was back to her usual shy self.

Was it something I did?

I couldn't explain what had happened, because I didn't understand it in the first place. I was about to smile again to reassure her until she started leaning towards me, over the table. Slowly at first, then quicker by the moment; her eyelids were slowly closing. It didn't take me too long to realize with horror that she was fainting.

I stood up swiftly and took a hold of her arms, preventing her from falling over the table. She was pretty light, actually. Her hair fell all over her face, and her handbag fell, spilling all its contents on the floor. I held back the urge to drag all the hair covering her face away; it would be misinterpreted as an affectionate act, which was no good when other fans were around.

All the other members rushed over to my side and asked her if she was fine. As if waking up from a dream, she suddenly stood up straight and blushed. She shook her head and bowed down to apologize. All the members sighed of relief, and so did I.

 

"It's okay Sang Hee~. Just don't do this at the next meeting alright?" Minho said, chuckling.

All the fans were now staring at us and some were shouting: "Are you alright, SHINee-ah?!"

Fans are really too cute.

"We're all fine~!" Key screamed towards them. Insert bursts of squeals over in the fan zone.

 

All the other members went back to their seats, continuing with the schedule. As she realized she had caused a scene, she kneeled down with embarassment to pick up her stuff that had spread around the floor. I patted the shy girl's head.

"Alright, no more worrying SHINee. Let's continue as if nothing happened, okay?"

I kneeled down next to her and helped her pick up the contents of her handbag. I then walked back to my seat and sat, taking ahold of my pen. I knew she must've felt extremely frustrated at herself, judging from her personality up until now, but I knew I had to assure she'd get the best memories out of this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee's POV

Seriously Sang Hee? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Creating a fuss like that? During the meeting? During SHINee's meeting?! I made them get up for me!

I wanted to hide out of shame and embarassment, so much the thought of causing them trouble burned my thoughts. Just before the last member too... I would've slapped myself by now, if it wasn't for the least bit of dignity I still had.

I closed my eyes for a second, to gather my courage back. I knew I could continue to mope around and regret what I had caused, but I also knew that I could make this memory something I wouldn't regret.

It was harder to do than to think though.

But it was for SHINee, so I guess it wasn't too much to ask for.

 

I opened my eyes and slowly started to step towards Jonghyun. I softly slid the paper in front of him and tried to smile the best I could. I could feel my heart pounding so much in my chest by now. My cheeks were starting to feel hot again. Jonghyun smiled kindly at me again, probably to reassure me.

SHINee really are the most considerate people, ever towards their fans.

 

"So, may I sign this to Ms.Clumsy?" he joked, smirking. "Or would your real name be better?"

I couldn't help smiling back at him. Yup, this was Jonghyun. He was the member that made me smile the most, when I used to watch SHINee on shows. The member who had a sense of humor and a childish aspect that always animated a smile on my lips. I was starting to feel a bit more at ease thanks to his efforts but, for some reason, my cheeks were still inflamed, and my heart was still pounding at an irrational speed.

"The name's Sang Hee actually." I said calmly.

Was it as a means to hide my shyness or my humiliation from before? I couldn't say, but what mattered now was to keep myself out of trouble until I left the stage.

He signed on the paper professionally, in a fluid and quick writing. He closed the pen and gave the paper back. He was using his trademark flirty smile.

"See you, Ms.Clumsy~." he said then winked at me. That act caught my breath away.

I thanked him and walked to the stairs leading off the stage. But, as I walked step by step away from them, my heart sank slowly, desperately.

It was almost over. All this fairytale was going to end soon. Once I'll leave the stage, it'll all be over. My heart ached at that thought; I wanted to stay with them, but I knew it was impossible. It was the sad fate of a fan, and I happened to be just that.

Just a fan.

But I couldn't make it end so quickly. I knew it was finished, but somehow, it just didn't feel right to leave like this. I had to do more than this. I had to somehow engrave myself in their thoughts. I wanted to be special to them, even if it was for only a second.

A sudden urge took me as I stood in front of the stairs. I turned around and yelled as loud as I could in my stars' direction:

 

"Thank you so much!!!"

 

They turned in my direction. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of my wonderful saviors hearing my call. They all smiled at me then waved at me. My heart filled itself with happiness and giddiness: I made sure to keep that feeling deep in my chest, for a long time.

Saranghae SHINee~.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the fan meeting, around 3 'o clock.

Jonghyun's POV

It was a nice fan meeting: all the fans were just as sweet as always. As the last fan left the room, I stretched lazily and yawned. Taemin got up and went to help some of the staff clean up.

As kind as always, that kid.

Key put on his headphones, got up and took out his cellphone, texting some people nonchalantly.

There he goes again with his texting.

Minho got up as well and went to help Taemin and some of the staff clean up.

Oh, forgot about Minho's kindness as well.

Onew went to see the manager and was probably discussing with him of what to order for supper tonight.

It's funny how I know that if it was the fans staring at him, they would try to think it would have to do something with chicken.

I soon stood up, trying to remember the rest of the schedule that had been planned for us today. As I did though, I heard something slide across the floor. Surprised, I looked around my chair and found... a cellphone?

I took it and examined it: it was a blue Lollipop cellphone from LG.

Whoa~ So stylish. I wanted one exactly like this one! It probably belonged to a fan who dropped it.

I wonder who though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! I was on fire for this chapter~. Sorry if this was too long to read, but I myself find this to be pretty interesting~. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter just as much as I enjoyed writing it~. ^^ Thank you so much for the support guys~

Sorry if you guys had to keep on replaying the mood song, since reading this chapter probably took more than 2 minutes~. It fits this chapter perfectly though, so I hope you guys will forgive me for that~.

UPDATE: Well well, I've revised this chapter (this was done when this fanfic was at 40 chapters), and I have to say, I've really improved in my writing ever since then. This chapter was a really lengthy one though, so I was quite surprised. xD

Thank you for reading this chapter up until now, and I promise you it gets even better afterwards.