Courage And The One-Piece Dress

A Perfectly Starry Dream ✰

Mood song: Twinkle Twinkle – Girl’s Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgZLjwhPXs

 

Jonghyun’s POV

It was time for the REAL fan meeting now. I looked at the clock; it was 1:30pm. We went back to our chairs, energized and fulfilled with the act of singing. This was the reason that drove me to sing; this was the reason that had made me choose this path. There would always be ups and downs in life, but I knew it would be all worth it.

... I’ll still call Umma after though.

 

The fans started lining up. Surprisingly, no one rushed to see us. They were all politely walking over and forming a line. I didn’t know if it was a good thing that they were so respectful, or if it was a bad thing that they didn’t hurry to meet us.

Being the optimistic person that I am though...

It’s great that our fans are so respectful and calm~.

 

 

The manager started letting the first fan walk up stage to meet us. The order of the members to meet was Onew, Minho, Key, Taemin then me. I stretched calmly and looked at the crowd of fans waiting in front of us. Seeing how many fans were here to meet us, my heart wavered a bit: it got me every time, to know that they all supported us so much. Saranghae Shawols~. I made a heart sign and smiled. They all started squealing.

In the crowd, there were girls of different auras. Some were sporty, some were girly, some were bubbly, and some were shy. Speaking of shy, I searched for the girl with the one-piece dress. I bet she must've been feeling a bit awkward. I found her a few moments later, after some distracted hand-waving to some fans. She was talking to another girl and still seemed shy as always. I felt a bit relieved that she wasn’t feeling lonely though. Shawols were like our babies: I wanted to return the favor to all of them, which explained my hopeless worrying.

I’m really too caring and worry too much over people I don’t even know.

The first fan came over to me. She seemed nervous. I immediately felt a surge of endearment towards her. I wanted to help her right away, to make her see how much she could feel at ease around us. I smiled at her, to help her be at ease.

“So~. Who do I sign this to?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee’s POV

I looked at the long line in front of us and sighed. Was it of annoyance or relief? I couldn't say. It was a good thing that I still had a lot of time to let the reality that I’m going to meet SHINee soon sink in, but it was also a bad thing that I couldn’t meet them sooner.

I looked at them, signing and talking to the fans. They looked so cheerful and grateful, just being surrounded by all of the fans they cherished so much. My heart started pounding like crazy when I realized that I was going to be there and talk to them. I tried to calm myself down by covering my cheeks and closing my eyes. What to do… Talking to people made me nervous, so SHINee was going to be worse!

 

“Hey, you okay, Sang Hee?” a worried voice asked.

I opened my eyes and saw that it was Stephy.

“Oh S-Stephy…” I said, my heart still pounding in my chest. “Just a bit nervous… Why are you in line though? … Weren’t you a fan of TVXQ instead?”

“I can’t miss on an opportunity to get signatures from an idol group~!” she said, pouting. Fair enough. “Don’t worry, just think of them as a long-time friend, and it’ll be fine!”

As a long-time friend? Friend? I haven’t had any since… I was 6 years old, and that was when I wasn’t shy yet. And it was SHINee, of all people! They’ve been my one and only light for quite a long time. I couldn’t afford to mess anything up in front of them…

I crouched down and covered my cheeks again (I really need to get rid of this habit when I’m shy, nervous, all the bad embarrassing moods).

“I’m going to mess up in front of them!” I whimpered, shaking my head.

Stephy bent down next to me and hesitated a bit before patting my back. “There there~. You need to be courageous. You want to show them how much you’re grateful to them, right? Then be strong and smile. I’m sure everything’ll be fine.”

Those words surprisingly warmed my heart. I never expected anyone of my age to be so kind and gentle towards me. I looked at her and saw all the genuine sincerity dwelling in her eyes. She took my arm supportively, then pulled me up on my feet.

“Thank you…” I said, grateful. I smiled at her slowly, a bit embarrassed that I had caused a scene and troubled her.

She smiled back kindly. “No problem!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. OHMYGOD.

There’s only one person in front of me before I go up the stage and meet SHINee…!

They were so close… I could hear Onew’s laugh, just like I had heard it so many times on radios and shows. Minho’s charisma shone more brilliantly than ever, now that I saw him with my own eyes, instead of through a computer or a TV. Key was hyper and being a diva, but he seemed to be shining. Taemin was smiling shyly just like I saw in Hello Baby. Jonghyun was adorable and outgoing like always, except that he seemed to have this energy I had never seen on other shows before.

It really was SHINee.

The ones who’ve helped me through so much.

My dear SHINee. My joy. My heaven. My happiness. My stars…

 

This wasn’t good. I felt like fainting, I felt like hiding in a corner. I took Stephy by the shoulders and hid behind her.

“Please go before me…!” I pleaded desperately. I felt my face heating up. “I can’t do it…”

She seemed surprised at first, then giggled. She patted my arms then took them off.

“Okay, I’ll go first,” she said, trying to reassure me. “You better be ready once I finish though~. I'm sure you'll be fine! Many other fans are feeling just the same as you are. I’m sure SHINee’ll understand too. Just be yourself. I’m going now, so be strong!”

With that, she smiled encouragingly and gave me one last pat on the shoulder. I didn't want her to go, but I knew I was being childish and annoyingly dependent. She walked up the stairs, onto the stage. Just like that, I looked at her walk off to meet Onew, smiling happily.

This is no good, I can’t face them… I really can’t.

I covered my face and tried to fight back the tears. I was really pitiful this way. The only happiness in my life were right in front of me, but I was too weak to face them. I couldn’t even run away, now that I was so close. I just wished time would freeze, so I could be this close to them, without ever having to face them…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A voice from behind me resounded.

“Um… Excuse me, are you okay?”

I took my hands away and looked behind slowly, surprised. A lot of the girls waiting in line behind me were looking at me, worried.

“You didn’t look well…” one of them said kindly. “Is it because you’re nervous…?”

I stared at them in disbelief, then snapped out of my daze.

“Y-Yes…” I said. “I’m too shy. I don’t think I can face them…”

The girls looked at each other, smiled then started aww-ing.

“You can do it!”

“Don’t worry, we’ve all been through that.”

“As fellow Shawols, we’ll support you telepathically!”

I looked at them in disbelief. Were they really being sincere? I knew I didn't need to ask though, as genuine worry animated their faces. A smile then slowly managed to stretch across my face, despite the stress and fear I felt upon seeing SHINee. Looking at these encouraging attitudes and kindness made courage form itself inside of me.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around. It was the manager…

It was my turn.

I felt my courage slowly slipping away, until the other fans encouraged me.

 

“You can do it! Fighting!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Sorry guys, I usually hate making cliffhangers and torturing my readers, but this was just the perfect place to stop. xD I'll update soon for the next chapter though, I'm not that cruel~. Hope you loved reading my story so far! ^^

Love my subscribers~! <3 Thanks for reading! ^^