Starry Sky...

A Perfectly Starry Dream ✰

Jonghyun's POV

I couldn't hide my surprise as I flipped around the cellphone, trying to discern any clues that would lead me to the identity of its owner. Soon enough, as there was no such thing that could be found on its cover, I opened it and was welcomed with a bright and vibrant menu. I immediately browsed through the contacts.

Hm... There's Umma, Appa...

...

 Haaa? That's all?! This cellphone's owner must either have no friends at all, or just aren't using their cellphone much.

Hopefully it's the 2nd hypothesis, or this would be really sad.

I closed it and put it in my pocket with care; it wasn't mine, after all. I'll call the person's Umma and warn them that their son or daughter (I highly doubt it's a guy though) lost their cellphone here. The owner could get back their cellphone at our company.

Key's voice resounded from the door leading to outside, cutting my trail of thoughts. "YAH! Get over here quick, we're about to leave you here!"

It's true, we still have practice for our next album promotions.

I jogged over to the rest of the members, wearing a half-sorry, half-playful grin. The manager looked at me then sighed. We all walked out to the van calmly. None of us wanted to complain, but we were slightly exhausted already. How could we voice out our slight headaches though, when we all knew it couldn't compare to the oppurtunity of being an idol?

I looked into the van's reflection; I had baggy eyes that seemed devoid of energy. It wasn't something makeup couldn't fix though, so I just shrugged off this evident proof of fatigue. Nothing ever comes free, and this was the price I had to pay for an admission into the world of idols.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee's POV

As I got off the bus, it was starting to get cloudy. I kept on replaying everything that had happened in my mind: the joy I had and still felt, my nervousness, their voices, the stumbling, the humiliation, the relief, SHINee. I held the signed picture against me, smiling. My heart was filled with happiness, so much that I thought it would explode.

Saranghae SHINee~.

The cars passed next to me in a monotone sound; the other pedestrians passed by me, unknown and silent. If this was any other day, the gray weather would've gotten to me; not this time though, not with SHINee's signatures held against my heart. I started skipping along the sidewalk and looked up to the sky. Cloudy weather wasn't so bad, now that the memories of SHINee accompanied me wherever I went.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I opened the front door and entered. "Umma, Appa! I'm back~!" I called happily.

My mom walked towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Welcome home! We're eating supper now, so join us," she said, smiling, then walked off to the kitchen.

I walked to my room, dropped my bag on the bed and softly put the picture on my desk. I smiled at it then headed off to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After eating and doing my homework, I sat on my bed, exhausted but hyper. I closed my eyes for a bit and let my mind become blank. After a minute, I opened them and saw the signed picture. I immediately smiled and jumped over to it; I took it in my hands and walked over to the wall. Should I put it over here? I think I'll go get a frame tomorrow after school~. I tried various positions on the wall for the picture. As I did, whenever I would see the signatures, a wide grin would immediately appear. I remembered the way they acted, the way they were really kind. Life seemed just perfect this way.

Now that I think about it, I not only met SHINee, but I met Stephy too. Are we considered friends? I haven't seen her when I went out of the fan meeting... Should I give her a call? ... But what if she thinks I'm weird? Oh what to do...

I gently slid the picture on the desk, went over to my bag then searched for my cellphone with one hand.

...

Huh? I can't seem to reach it. Don't tell me I lost it...!

I opened the bag and looked through it. Panicking since I couldn't see it, I emptied the contents on my bed. Wallet (which has barely anything in it anymore), mirror, iPod, tissues (in case I'd get too emotional and would start to cry at the meeting)... Where's my cellphone?! I checked my bag again, just to make sure; it wasn't in it.

I sat on my bed, shocked. When could I have lost it? No one touched my bag and it never fell- Oh wait... Don't tell me...!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

Yes...!

Break time.

I took my cellphone and walked out of the practice room. I started dialing Umma's phone number as I walked towards the door leading outside. Some people greeted me and I waved back at them with my other hand, smiling. I waited a few moments, when I finally heard Umma's voice. "Yobeoseyo?" It made me smile, to hear Umma's voice.

"Umma, it's Jonghyun," I said, feeling a mix of happiness and relief.

"Oh, Jonghyun! How are you feeling hunny? Are things alright at work? Why're you calling?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice Umma..." I leaned against the wall and looked up at the stars. "I miss spending time with you, Appa and Noona..."

I heard Umma chuckle. "There there, honey! Do you remember when you were in high school? You were so rebellious. Always threatening to run away from home!"

I unconsciously grinned. "That was a long time ago, Umma~. Anyways, I have to go soon. I really miss you guys..."

"We miss you too honey! It's rare to hear you talk this way to me. And to think it's been not this long ago that whenever you would talk, I'd hear whining..."

"Okay okay Umma~. I might visit you guys soon on the next holiday, though."

"Alright. Love you honey, stay safe!"

We told each other goodbye and hung up. I saw that it was time to go back to practice, so I walked back in. As I put my cellphone in my bag, I noticed the other cellphone I picked up earlier today. Ah~ I really should call and warn this cellphone's owner that I have it... I looked into the practice room; no one was in it, except the dance trainer. I have time for another call right? I took the blue cellphone and walked outside again.

As I walked outside, the sky was clear. Such a beautiful night... Oh, didn't TOP say that in Big Bang's song TONIGHT? Whoa. Focus, focus. I was kinda nervous actually. Was it too weird to call a stranger's umma? Nah, I am doing this for a good cause. I clicked on the umma's contact number; I heard the usual beeping noise. Soon, a woman's voice was heard.

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Um hello. I just called to inform you that your..." I wondered for a moment if I should ask for a son or a daughter. Probably a daughter right? "daughter forgot her cellphone here at-"

"Aigoo, this seems like important. I'll give the phone to my daughter then!"

"W-Wait, there's no need-" It was too late though; I heard footsteps, some stairs-climbing and a door opening. I then heard a soft whisper.

"Yobeoseyo...?"

 

 

 

 

 

Sang Hee's POV

Uhhh this was kinda weird... No one ever called me after I moved here, even less a guy. Could it be that they tried to bully me, even outside of school? My heart ached at that thought.

"Hello, I'm calling because I just found your cellphone back in the meeting room." Huh? Isn't this... Jonghyun's voice?! My heart raced even more; my hands started trembling.

I gulped then tried to talk and to assure my voice didn't sound squeaky. "Oh I-I was just wondering what happened to it too."

He chuckled. "Well, good thing I found it. I don't have time to go anywhere because of my schedule, so you can pass by the company anytime. It's Jonghyun by the way."

It IS Jonghyun. Jonghyun from SHINee! This is even greater than anything I could've imagined... Wasn't the meeting the end of my short-lived happiness? This is too good to be true...

"Y-Yes, I wasn't too sure at first. I'll come pick it up s-some time after school. Is that alright?" I said, trembling.

"Alright! Oh, ask for Kim Jonghyun at the front office. They don't let random fans enter like that usually. I might need to know your name first though..." he said, laughing.

"O-Oh, it's Sang Hee..." I said, my throat burning.

An awkward silence ensued; I could feel my heart beat in my chest and my legs trembling. A familiar nervousness filled me, yet again.

"Ooooh~ It's Ms. Clumsy!" He remembered me? There has to be something that's going to pop my happiness soon... This is all too good to be true... "Well, pass by some time soon, alright?"

"A-Alright...!" I said, a mix of nervousness and giddyness in my voice.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now. Got practice now," he said in his usual happy-go-lucky voice.

He hung up and I stood there, holding the phone with my two hands. It took a while for reality to sink in; did this really happen? I looked through the phone's call history...

"Sang Hee - 21:57:04"

He really did call; it really was my cellphone.

No way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I closed the phone and looked up at the stars, shining ever so brightly. Well, this is really odd. Usually in the city, the stars don't shine as bright. A truly beautiful sight... It's been a long time since I could fully enjoy nature like this.

 

 

 

 

I stood there for a while, in awe; it felt like the sky would swallow me whole. It was a nice feeling though, as if I was part of a dream.

Remembering I had practice, I shook my head to snap out of it and ran back inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! Sorry for the long wait guys~. Been juggling between school, pastimes and writing! But I'm proud of this chapter; it has a pretty light-hearted feeling to it. Thanks for supporting, and I hope you enjoyed it!