Chapter 097

EVERLAST: The Hunters
Chapter Ninety-Seven
 
Unlike Nickhun, Narsha had been carrying out her task diligently. With that ear piece in her ear, she had been following Sunny’s instruction in planting of Tranz into the Aurales’ people who had yet to be infected.
 
“One positive on your two o’clock.”
 
Narsha peered to her right and noticed a guy was walking towards her direction. She quickened her steps and purposely tripped on herself as she reached him.
 
“Hey, careful there!” The guy held Narsha in his arms instinctively when he saw her falling down. He managed to prevent the sorceress from touching the ground and helped her got back on her feet. “You alright?”
 
“Yeah.” Narsha smiled at him shyly as she secretly moved one of her hands behind his neck. “Thank you for saving me.” She gave him a peck on the corner of his lips quickly and slipped out of his arms, walking away before the guy could even register the kiss.
 
Narsha sighed to herself, “What a pity. He’s such a cute guy.”
 
“Unnie, you’re not supposed to be checking out guys!” Sunny’s voice echoed through the ear piece and into her ear. “And I know you just kiss him!”
 
The sorceress was a little surprised. “I thought your device only shows the position of the people?”
 
“Yeah, but your peck was too loud! And you think I’m not aware he’s not the first one? I’ve calculated. You’d kissed about twenty five people since morning!” With the record of turning thirty-seven positive into negative.
 
Narsha giggled. “You’re not supposed to eavesdrop on me.”
 
“And you’re not supposed to be kissing the people while planting Tranz in them! Jeez, which reminds me, will you kiss the girls too if you meet one?” That image alone caused goosebumps to her body for it was hard for her to imagine Narsha with a girl.
 
Narsha rolled her eyes at Sunny’s comment uncontrollably, “Tsk, girls are for Nickhun. I’ll just get him to do the job if we ever come across a woman. By the way, where’s that guy? Shouldn’t we be doing this together instead of me, running around this whole place by myself?”
 
 “He said he needs to handle some stuff––” Sunny replied, while tapping away on the monitor. “Oh! I think I know what he is referring to.” Her screen was showing an orange and green dot. The orange dot represented either Narsha or Nickhun, while the green one represented the elite hunters who were unaffected by the Tranz – since the Princess had instructed not to hurt the elite hunters, she modified her program whereby they could differentiate the positive elite hunters from the normal Aurales members and the negative elite hunters. “This is great. She doesn’t have Tranz in her.”
 
The older sorceress couldn’t catch Sunny. “What?”
 
“Do you remember, previously, Nickhun said he would seduce one of the elite hunters and from there, collect Aurales’ information?”
 
“Uh… huh……”
 
“Yeah, so I think he is having a conversation with that elite hunter now and good news, my screen shows that she is free from Tranz––Eh!” Sunny observed the motion on the screen as she replied Narsha. “She left? That’s fast.” She happened to see the green dot moving into Nickhun’s room just as she changed her screen. It wasn’t even a minute yet and the hunter already left?
 
“What happened? What happened?” Narsha’s voice was filled with obvious nosiness.
 
“Tsk! How would I know? My screen only shows their position. I can’t even see your face, unnie!”
 
“Oops! My bad!”
 
“Whatever unnie, it’s not the first day I know you. Anyway, I think you can take a short break first. I’m going to check on Jonghyun, will let you know when I come back.”
 
“Let me know Jonghyun’s condition too.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Sunny went straight to Jonghyun’s room after ending three full hours of call with Narsha. She sat on his bed and observed him in silence. It had been more than a week, but there was no sign of him waking up even when his wound had completely recovered.
 
Now that Sunny thought about it, she couldn’t help but recalled that ridiculous thought which emerged in her head after the Princess visited them.
 
She must be funny for assuming that the Princess wasn’t really that bad just because she healed Jonghyun’s wound. Obviously, she must have done something more than healing, which was why Jonghyun still remained unconscious despite having a healthy body.
 
Conclusion, the Princess was never a good person. She was evil as always.
 
*
 
When Jessica came out of the room, the hunters had already crowded around Yuri and Yoona, who just returned from the training ground. The girls were reprimanding Yoona for sneaking out of the dormitory, while the guys helped Yoona to the nearest couch.
 
“Oppa, I’m not handicapped.” She hated how everyone felt that she needed someone to hold her for every step she took.
 
Honestly, she never felt any pain on her injured rib, except when her movement was too big, there would be a slight stinging pain on the bone, but for most of the time, she was as healthy as everyone else. It was as though the accident was only an imagination––
 
It would be an imagination if Sooyoung was still around.
 
Yuri was going to tease Yoona along with the others when she felt an intensive gaze on her. She turned around and looked up, just in time to catch Jessica’s back view as she disappeared back into her room.
 
“Jessica?”
 
The hunter peeked into her own room through the tiny gap between the door and its frame. She immediately found her target as she was standing by the window, looking at the scenery outside.
 
“Hey…” Yuri pushed the door further, widening the gap. “Sica?”
 
The blonde kept her vision out of the window as she replied plainly, “Yeah?”
 
The monotonous response raised the alert in her head. Yuri quickly closed the door behind and approached Jessica. She wrapped her arms around her and rested her chin on her shoulder, “I’m sorry, Jessica. I didn’t mean to make you worry.”
 
“I’m not angry.”
 
Yuri refused to believe her words and continued to explain, “I was at the training ground thinking about the situation which happened for the past three days.” The hunter sighed uncontrollably at the thought of the mutants. “We need a solution fast. Hiding ourselves in the headquarters is not a permanent method to stop this problem. Our foods are depleting. Starvation will be the first thing that kills us before the mutants do.”
 
“I’m not angry with you, Yuri.” Jessica turned around suddenly and leaned her head on Yuri’s shoulder. “I just hate myself for not being able to assist you.”
 
“Silly!” The hunter heaved out a sigh of relief after she found out the reason for Jessica’s quietness. “I don’t need you to assist me. I just want you to be happy, relax and be safe and sound.”
 
Jessica could only force herself to smile.
 
Yuri noticed the bitterness in Jessica’s smile. “Hey, don’t stress yourself, okay? I know the situation is tough now, but please have trust in me, even if… even if the doom day comes, I will still put on my best effort to protect you.”
 
“Yuri…” Her eyes were b with tears.
 
She has no idea what her worries really are.
 
Jessica took in a deep breath and buried her face onto Yuri’s chest. “Your words are enough for me. I trust you will protect me no matter what happens at the end of the day. I love you and I meant it with my heart.”
 
“I love you too, Sica-ah.”
 
Jessica squeezed her arms tightly around Yuri’s waist upon the reply, as if she would lose Yuri if she loosened them.
 
Not now, Jung Sooyeon. You can’t let her see your tears.
 
*
 
Tiffany knew Taeyeon was keeping something from her, but after several struggles, she decided to ignore her lover’s unusual behavior and act like an ignorant woman.
 
Of course, this is not what she wanted to do the most, but it was the only response she could give if she wanted their relationship to remain stable. Tiffany had wanted to confront Taeyeon and forced the answer out of , but she was terrified… terrified that such action would ignite the curse in their bodies again.
 
They had come so far to reach where they were standing today. She couldn’t risk it. She couldn’t bear to see their relationship crumble into pieces again after spending so much effort to piece them together.
 
She wanted them to last and being ignorant was the only solution she could come out with that could keep them going.
 
“Dinner’s ready!”
 
It was time to face her again. Tiffany closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. She had to disguise herself and prevent Taeyeon from sensing anything. Eyes were the most important and difficult portion to mask. The emotion in the eyes was most revealing for one to see through a soul, Tiffany had to make sure that her eyes looked pure and clean to Taeyeon.
 
“Hey…” Warm lips were pressing against on her cheek. Tiffany opened her eyes and looked up, Taeyeon was hovering over her. “Fallen asleep?”
 
Her eyes shaped into crescents as she replied with a bashful smile, “Sorry, the couch is too comfortable.” She stuck out her tongue playfully.
 
Taeyeon snorted and shook her head with a smile, “Go and wash your face, you lazy girl.”
 
“Carry me?” Tiffany asked while snaking her arms around Taeyeon’s neck.
 
“I guess I can’t say no to that huh?”
 
A wide grin was plastered across Tiffany’s face.
 
Taeyeon sighed and wrapped her arms around Tiffany. “Get up, my little kitten!”
 
“I’m not a kitten!” Tiffany allowed Taeyeon to pull her up from the couch and press her weight on her. She moved her head to the side and brought her lips to Taeyeon’s ear. “I’m a vicious cub!” She bit on Taeyeon’s ear as she growled out her words.
 
The sorceress didn’t mind that at all. Instead, she giggled at the itchiness on her ear, “You’re my woman.”
 
The ex-hunter smirked and changed her action from biting to , “Does it hurt?” Taeyeon’s ear turned extremely red after she grinded her teeth against it, she was afraid that her little harmless action might hurt her.
 
“Ya–Yah! Stop… stop !”
 
. . . “You didn’t answer my question.” She was getting addicted with the .
 
“Ya… Yah!” Taeyeon tried to lean back and escape Tiffany’s lips, but it didn’t seem that the latter wanted to release her new found cookie. “St–Stop it! The… the food is getting cold!”
 
“We can always heat them up later.” The ‘vicious’ cub muttered into Taeyeon’s ear as she continued with her act.
 
God knows how long have she been waiting for the chance to be on top of Taeyeon?
 
Taeyeon’s body was turning weak from Tiffany’s touch, “Tif… fany, you… you’re breaking your… promise!” They had a promise whereby Tiffany said she would be at the bottom for a month!
 
“I don’t care. It’s revenge time.” Tiffany whispered for the one last time before drowning Taeyeon’s protest with .
 
Only love could take her attention away completely. She couldn’t allow that suspension in her head ruined their life.
 
Taeyeon and Tiffany, all she wanted was this.
 

 
A/N: Honestly speaking, I kind of lost the will to continue with this. I feel that it's okay whether the main characters are dating or not, which is why I continued to update despite all the rumors/news/whatever, but it's kinda hard to accept that one of them is out of the group, and especially that one is one of the main characters in this story. I like to imagine the scene using the characters for smoother imagination (hence better story flows), but I really can't imagine that much anymore ever since the incident.
 
However, I feel reluctant to give up on this completely. I can't really remember the last time I put so much effort in one story, so I really don't want it to sink to the bottom of the sea without an end. My current plan though, is to re-write this using fictional characters, but the thing is I'm re-writing it in another language, the progress has been slow so far (less than four chapters to be exact, and I've not posted it anymore (yet) ), so I can't really tell or promise you if I will continue with this or I will just go ahead with the new one.
 
If you ask me, I will tell you the chances of this fanfic meeting its end is less than 10% (as of now). Maybe, I will just give no to whatever that had happened one day and complete this, but also, maybe , I will just leave it as it is till... who knows when?
 
I know there are many of you reading this (not too sure about now, but a few months back, yeah) and I apologized for releasing this note after going missing for so many months. As of now, I'm still able to update with the drafts I've written since long time ago and to be very honest with all of you, my draft is somewhat reaching the ending of this story soon, but yeah, like what I've mentioned before, the incident kinda breaks my motivation, which is why I've stuck for so long without moving on despite knowing I could end this soon.
 
Alright, sorry for these long note, whether you're going read this or not, I thank you for reading and liking this story. In my opinion, the genre of this story isn't really 'normal' as compared to most of the fanfics I've read before, so yeah, I'm surprised that there are plenty of you who still likes this, you guys have been my greatest support, especially you-know-who, you've been reading (following) this ever since the first day I posted this on SSF, I think you're really... jjang? Hahaha, because many had left halfway (this is one long story), glad you're still after so long.
 
Okay, ciao people, I will (might) be back!