Chapter 069

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Sixty-Nine


Sooyoung was originally strolling around the headquarters when she saw Yuri carrying an unconscious Tiffany running madly, with an injured Wooyoung following closely behind. She changed her direction immediately and chased them all the way to the infirmary.

Tiffany was already in one of the wards by the time Sooyoung arrived, but it didn’t take her too much time and effort to figure out the location of Tiffany’s ward (since almost everyone in the infirmary was aware of Tiffany’s incident). Sooyoung didn’t even have to ask anyone for help as one of the nurses approached her and showed her the way automatically.

Upon entering the room, Sooyoung noticed Yuri was the only one inside. Wooyoung was nowhere to be seen. Judging from the wound she saw earlier on, Sooyoung concluded that Wooyoung was probably attended by the nurses to clean up his wound right now.

“Yuri.”

Yuri was facing the bed initially. She turned around in surprise when she heard Sooyoung’s voice.

“Sooyoung? Why are you here?” Isn’t she supposed to be in the discussion?

Sooyoung walked in and stood next to the bed. “Mr. Headmaster dismissed us right after you left. He said he should have let Yoona and Tiffany rest first before gathering them for a discussion.” Sooyoung set her gaze on Tiffany, “What happened to Tiffany?”

Yuri shook her head helplessly. “I have no idea either. She was already berserk when I found her in the training ground.” Yuri noticed a strand of hair had covered Tiffany’s eye. She leaned forward and pushed it to the side gently. “She was trying to kill Wooyoung oppa for some odd reason.”

Kill?! Sooyoung was extremely shocked. “What odd reason?” Sooyoung knew their relationship was like enemies, but it made no sense for Tiffany to kill Wooyoung no matter how annoying he was.

“Beats me.” Yuri could only shrug and sigh heavily. “Wooyoung oppa and I couldn’t understand what she was saying at all. Where is Yoona by the way?” Yuri asked, noticing that Sooyoung was alone by herself.

“Uh…” Sooyoung scratched her head. “She said she’s going to look for Tiffany and ran off first. I have no idea where she is now, but I think she should know Tiffany is here soon?” There was a huge commotion when Yuri carried Tiffany to the infirmary and that was exactly why Sooyoung was able to spot them so easily.

Just as Yuri was about to reply, the door swung open and the main character for their topic appeared from behind it.

“Where’s Fany unnie?!”

Before the duo could answer her, Yoona already spotted Tiffany and was rushing to her side.

“Unnie!” Yoona nudged the unconscious figure gently. But as expected, there was no reply or response from the hunter. Yoona looked up and turned to Yuri. “Yuri unnie, what happened to Fany unnie?” She went to search for Tiffany right after Hyuk-Jun released them, but before she could find the hunter, she heard someone saying Yuri was carrying Tiffany towards the infirmary and so she came here.

“She was trying to kill Wooyoung when I found her. Too agitated, that’s why she fainted I think.” Yuri observed the young hunter, who had her attention on Tiffany once again. “Yoona, you know something, don’t you?”

There was an obvious jerk in Yoona’s body. It would be obviously a lie if she denied the truth.

“Yoona?” Sooyoung called for her partner when she saw how silent the hunter had become.

Yoona pursed her lips into a straight line and chewed her bottom lip tightly.

Tiffany had said this right from the beginning. She doesn’t want anyone to know about Taeyeon’s existence, especially Yuri. Though, by now, Yoona could tell that Yuri’s love of affection isn’t Tiffany anymore, but still––

Clutching her fists tightly together, Yoona had made a decision.

No one should know about this. It concerns Tiffany’s privacy. Unless Tiffany nods her head to it, she is going to keep this secret to herself.

“Yoona,” Yuri urged her, “Say something.” She had to know what was going on with her partner.

Yoona inhaled a deep breath and flashed a weak smile at Yuri purposely.

“I’m a little tired unnie, can I rest here with Fany unnie?”

Yuri was about to say something but Sooyoung held her back.

“Alright then, we’ll leave Fany to you. Take a good rest Yoona-ah.” Sooyoung pulled Yuri along with her and went out of the door.

Once they were out of the room, Yuri struggled out from Sooyoung’s hold and yelled at her with a suppressed voice, “Yah, why did you do that?”

“What?”

“Yoona! She is obviously hiding something!”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Yuri. “Can’t you see she doesn’t want to tell us?”

“It concerns Fany!”

Sooyoung snorted. Definitely, she wasn’t going to get into an argument with Yuri in regard to this. “Look Yuri, if you really want to know what happened to Tiffany, you should wait for her to wake up and ask her personally. You can’t just force words out of Yoona. You’re only making things difficult for her.”

Yuri didn’t argue further. She knew Sooyoung was right.

“Yuri, let’s return to our dorm first, shall we?” Sooyoung suggested. “Jessica must be bored.” Yuri had been neglecting Jessica ever since Yoona and Tiffany went missing.

Guiltiness struck Yuri upon the mention of Jessica. She understood what Sooyoung was trying to tell her. She had, indeed, neglected Jessica since she realized her friends went missing. Not only that, she remembered how she shunned Jessica when the latter was trying to comfort her last night.

Without saying another word, Yuri spun around and rushed towards the exit.

Sooyoung was about to follow when she saw Wooyoung walking towards them from the other direction. “Wooyoung oppa!” She approached him. “How’s your arm?” Wooyoung literally had his whole arm bandaged.

Wooyoung shrugged nonchalantly and looked at the door behind her. “How’s Tiffany?”

Sooyoung turned and looked at the door as well. “She’s still asleep. Yoona is with her now.” Sooyoung turned back to Wooyoung, “Are you going to see her?”

Wooyoung shook his head, “I guess not. She probably doesn’t want to see me now.” He released a sigh through his nose. “I’ll just look for her again when she is feeling better. And if you don’t mind––”

Wooyoung stopped talking suddenly and stared at the space behind Sooyoung.

“Oppa?” Sooyoung followed his gaze and stopped at Tiffany’s door. “What’s the matter?” The door was left ajar when she came out with Yuri earlier, but other than that, everything else looked normal.

“Nothing.” Wooyoung shook his head mentally. Maybe he was too tired and his eyes were playing with him when he saw that quick flash coming from Tiffany’s ward. “I just want to say if it’s possible, keep a lookout for me? I have something to ask Tiffany, but I can’t if she goes berserk on me again.”

“Um… sure? I’ll try my best.”

“Thank you.”

“Not a problem oppa. And please do take care.” She pointed at his bandaged arm.

Wooyoung looked at his arm and snorted, “This is not going to hurt me.” Sooyoung thought she saw bitterness flowing in his eyes. “I’m going to go back first. See you around.” And he left, without giving Sooyoung a chance to bid goodbye with him.

“Does he…” Sooyoung spoke to no one in particular. “Likes Tiffany?” As strange as it sounded, Wooyoung seemed really hurt when they talked about his injured arm.

Plus the affectionate look she spotted on Wooyoung’s face when she caught him staring at Tiffany the other time, Sooyoung couldn’t help but think that Wooyoung really had a thing for Tiffany.

“Whatever.” It is not really her business, isn’t it?

Sooyoung stopped in front of Tiffany’s ward, attempting to close the door. However, she jumped up in surprise instead when her hand touched the handle.

“Woah, that’s cold!” She closed the door as fast as she could and remove her hand from the stinging cold bar. “I should tell the nurses to lower down the temperature around this area.”

*

Jessica was nowhere to be found when Yuri returned from the infirmary. She tried searching all the rooms, even Tiffany’s room, but the blonde was still missing. “Where can she be?” Yuri ruffled her hair in frustration. Sooyoung’s words had awakened her. She was pretty sure that she had been ignoring Jessica unknowingly for the whole of yesterday. Jessica might not have mentioned anything about it, but now that she recalled the time they spent together, Yuri couldn’t erase off the lonely face of Jessica which was deeply imprinted in her mind.

“Sica-ah, where are you?” She shouted to the empty hall before her and received no reply. Just when she thought she should get out of their dormitory to search for that girl, her vision happened to stop at the staircase which led to the rooftop.

Right! She hadn’t check out the rooftop yet. Without further ado, Yuri ran to the staircase and climbed to the top level. Almost immediately, she noticed the person, who had long blonde hair, was leaning against the railing of the rooftop.

“Sica!”

Yuri dashed towards the surprised blonde and enveloped her in a hug before she was able to react.

“Sica-ah! I’ve been looking for you all over the place!”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I…” Yuri released Jessica a little and stared at her confused angelic face. She swallowed the lump that was formed on unconsciously and said, “I wanted to apologize to you. I’m sorry for neglecting you when I heard Tiffany and Yoona went missing. I’m sorry I pushed you away when you’re trying to comfort me. I’m sorr––mmm”

Jessica had just sealed Yuri’s lips with her own ones. She broke away from the kiss after a while and nudged Yuri on her head.

“Yah, do I look that petty to you?” She pouted at her.

Yuri rubbed the spot where Jessica had pushed sheepishly, “I… uh… I don’t mean it that way.”

“Yuri-ah,” Jessica slipped her arms around Yuri’s waist and rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder. “Tiffany and Yoona are important to you. I totally understand your frustration and I won’t blame you for that. I will be more disappointed if you disregard their safety instead.” Jessica released Yuri a little and looked at her. “My Yuri is the most caring and thoughtful person I’ve ever met and that is exactly the reason I… I…” Jessica stuttered out of the sudden and Yuri noticed the sudden redness on her cheeks.

“Hmm?”

Jessica looked away shyly and whispered, “I gave my heart to you so easily, dummy.” She poked Yuri on the shoulder.

Yuri giggled loudly upon hearing Jessica’s confession. She pulled the shy blonde into her embrace again and hugged her tightly.

“And this dummy here fell for you as well.”

Jessica lifted up her head and glared at Yuri, “This is your blessing!”

“Yes, yes, yes… I’m blessed to have met an angel like you.” Yuri said and let out a jokingly laugh. Jessica didn’t want to entertain her tease, so she buried her face onto Yuri’s chest again.