Chapter 061

EVERLAST: The Hunters

 

Chapter Sixty-One

Their bickering was halted when the silent blonde snapped in their faces suddenly.

“Enough!”

Both Yuri and Sooyoung jumped up in surprise and turned to face Jessica in shock. Jessica looked cold, her gaze was stern and she had this aura which made shivers ran down the hunters’ spine.

However, the unusual gaze did not stay for long as it softened down almost immediately and returned to those innocent eyes they usually see… it was as if whatever they just saw was only an illusion.

“Don’t quarrel anymore…” Jessica said softly, but it was enough for the quarreling hunters to hear. “I don’t like it.” She pressed her lips into a straight line and looked away.

Obviously, Yuri was the first one to react. She might be surprised by Jessica’s reaction, but she was more concerned about Jessica’s mood. “Hey Sica-ah…” She poked Jessica lightly on her shoulder. “We’re not quarreling. Um… Sooyoung and I just have a unique way of communicating? Don’t be angry…” She shot a glare at Sooyoung secretly, hinting the shikshin to say something as well.

“Uh… Yeah, Jessica, Yuri’s right. We’re not quarreling at all.” Sooyoung wanted to come out with an explanation, but she couldn’t think of anything because of that unusual gaze, which had pretty much disturbed her.

She wasn’t sure if she should put it this way, but she swore Jessica looked like she was going to pierce through their bodies with her eyes when she stared at them earlier on. Tiffany always glared at her, but Jessica’s gaze was different from Tiffany’s.

It was worse and more deadly than their fellow mate.

“Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Are you listening to me?”

Sooyoung snapped out of her thought only to find Yuri and Jessica already standing at the other side of the room, looking back at her.

“WHAT?” She shouted back at Yuri.

Yuri rolled her eyes and walked back to her. “Put your snacks aside. I’m going teach Sica a few simple combat. And you,” She directed her index finger at Sooyoung. “are going to be my assistant!”

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at her friend, “Can I say no?” Her intention of coming here was to loosen up her stiff muscles from lying on bed for the past few days, and not becoming an assistant or whatsoever.

“What do you think?” Yuri turned her back towards Sooyoung and walked back to Jessica. “Come on, we don’t have all day!”

Sooyoung diverted her attention from Yuri to Jessica, who was flashing an apologetic smile at her. Sooyoung returned her a smile and shook her hand, implying to the blonde that she was okay.

She must be thinking too much! How could someone like Jessica be scarier than Tiffany? Well, in her dreams maybe?

Moving her snacks to the side, Sooyoung finally got up on her feet and approached the duo. “What am I supposed to do?” She eyed Yuri, then Jessica, then back to Yuri again.

“I will ask Sica to watch me. So all you have to do is to attack me and wait for me to retaliate.”

Eh? Something was very wrong with Yuri’s instruction.

“So basically… you’re asking me to get beaten up by you?” This was what Sooyoung interpreted from Yuri’s instruction.

“Umm…” Yuri hesitated and pondered for a brief moment. “Well, if you put it in a negative way, I think that’s how it will be.” Now that Sooyoung mentioned, it sure seemed to be this way.

Speechless. Sooyoung was very, very speechless! She could only roll her eyes at Yuri and said nothing because she was completely lost for words.

Ugh! Forget about it!

Sooyoung thought to herself grumpily as she moved to the opposite side of Yuri and got into her position.

Yuri said it was for Jessica, isn’t it? It is not like she is going to hurt her or something.

“Ready?” She shot an unhappy glare at Yuri.

Yuri was immune to her glare. “Ready whenever you are~”

Since Jessica was a newcomer to this, Sooyoung decided that she should do it in a normal pace so that the blonde could observe them without much trouble such as straining her eyes. She made a simple quick dash towards Yuri, raising her right arm in the process, and delivered a punch across her friend’s face without any mercy.

Yuri blocked down her attack swiftly. She lifted up her left arm in the nick of time and used it to take Sooyoung’s attack instead.

Sooyoung wasn’t going to go easy on Yuri even if it was only a demonstration. With her right fist still pressing against Yuri’s left arm, Sooyoung bent her left elbow and aimed for Yuri’s chest. Still blocking Sooyoung’s right fist, Yuri caught Sooyoung’s elbow with her right hand and pulled the shikhin towards her. She twirled her left arm and grabbed Sooyoung’s right arm in her hand as well. Yuri released Sooyoung’s left elbow hastily and pushed Sooyoung’s right arm high into the air. She slipped under her arm and went to Sooyoung’s back. Then, she twisted Sooyoung’s right arm and pressed it against her back. To ensure that she was locking Sooyoung down, Yuri kicked Sooyoung’s knees from behind, causing her to drop to ground before pushing the hunter further down with her own knee.

“YAH! STOP! STOP! STOP!” Sooyoung yelped in flustered and tried to struggle out of Yuri’s hold. But she stopped struggling instantly when she felt a sharp pain on her twisted right arm. “KWON YURI! YOU’RE BREAKING MY ARM!”

“Oops!” Yuri stuck out her tongue and quickly released Sooyoung, causing the shikshin to fall flat on the ground as there was no more support.

Sooyoung didn’t care though. Her arm was in so much pain that she had to massage it as soon as she was released.

Her poor arm! It might natural for them to be serious even if it was only training, but Sooyoung did not expect Yuri to be THAT serious! To think that it was only less than an hour ago after she got out from the infirmary and right now! Yuri was about to rip off her arm and had her back in the ward again!

That love-struck freak!

“THAT’S IT KWON YURI! I’M OUT OF HERE!”

Sooyoung swore she would never assist Yuri ever again as long as Jessica was involved. Who knew if that overly passion Yuri might break her legs the next time? Or worst still, tied her to a tree and made her become Jessica’s punching bag?

These random guesses were creating goosebumps all over Sooyoung’s body.

No way is she going to sacrifice herself for that!

Ignoring the cold sweat forming on her forehead, Sooyoung got on her feet hastily and stomped out of the room… without taking all her snacks with her.

“Sooyoung-ah!”

Aish! Yuri scratched the back of her head helplessly as she watched her friend left. She didn’t mean to hurt Sooyoung. She thought she was able to handle it, but she guessed she was wrong.

Sigh, she got to sacrifice her money for food now. There is no other way which is more efficient than treating Sooyoung to meals in order to gain her forgiveness.

Yuri felt a tug on her sleeves. She turned and saw Jessica looking at her with a guilty face.

“I’m sorry.” That was the first sentence which came out of , and it certainly took Yuri by surprise. “If it wasn’t for me, Sooyoung wouldn’t have been angry with you.”

Oh! So that was what the apology was for…

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be silly.” Yuri flashed a gentle smile at her as she placed her palms on Jessica’s shoulders. “It’s not your fault! Besides, Sooyoung will get over it in no time.” Yes, she will get over with it after she treats her with plenty of foods.

Jessica stared at Yuri with puppy eyes, clearly unconvinced. “Really?”

“Yeah, of course.” Yuri replied confidently. It is easy to deal with Sooyoung as long as there are foods around. “Come on,” Yuri took Jessica by her hand and led her to where Sooyoung was standing at previously. “Let’s not talk about Sooyoung. We’re here to give you training.”

Jessica asked nervously, “Wha… What am I supposed to do?” Her hands were still holding on to Yuri’s hands, refusing to let the hunter go.

Yuri chuckled to herself. A nervous Jessica is definitely a cute sight to catch.

“Calm down Sica.” She patted on her hand. “It’s not difficult. I’ll guide you personally.”

Jessica pouted at her.

“You don’t trust me?” Yuri asked jokingly.

Jessica lowered her head and shook her head. She asked in a whisper, “Do we really have to do this?” Couldn’t she just stand aside and watch Yuri practiced instead?

“Sica-ah…” Yuri pulled Jessica closer to her. She tilted her head downwards so that she could meet Jessica’s eyes from below. “Aww… don’t pout! It’s not going to hurt you.” The pout on her face drew a wide grin on Yuri’s face.

Jessica didn’t quite believe her. “But…”

“I’m here for you Sica, don’t be afraid.” Yuri released her hold on Jessica’s hands and cupped the latter’s face instead. She stared into Jessica’s eyes, “I will shield you from any harms.” Those stares were so deep… so sincere and full of love that Jessica thought she was going to drown herself into the midst of it.

No one had ever looked at her with such eyes and Yuri was the first one.

“Sica?” Yuri waved her hand in front of Jessica’s face when she saw there was no reaction from the blonde. “Are you alr––”

“I love you.”

The blonde’s sudden confession took Yuri by surprise. Her wave came to an abrupt stop and her arm froze right in the middle of the air in an awkward manner.

Jessica didn’t care though. There was more important stuff for her to deal with.

She s her arms around Yuri’s neck and rested her chin on Yuri’s shoulder. Then, she whispered into Yuri’s ears.

“I, Jung Sooyeon, want to marry you, Kwon Yuri.”