Chapter 035

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Thirty-Five

“Hey Tiffany!”

The three of them were on their way back to the dormitory when Hyuk-Jun approached them from behind. He stopped Tiffany specifically, secretly throwing winks at the other two who were waiting aside.

“I know the both of you are scheduled for a patrol tomorrow. But you looked ridiculously restless to me, so I’m changing Sooyoung to take over you.”

“I’m fine oppa.” Tiffany rejected his offer immediately.

“You may think you’re fine, but you certainly don’t look fine to me.” Hyuk-Jun placed his palm on Tiffany’s shoulder. “Listen to me, take a rest okay? I need you hunters to be in your best state in case there are any emergencies.”

Tiffany sighed, “Alright, I’ll follow your instruction then.” She couldn’t convince Hyuk-Jun if he was talking for the sake of the world.

“Good.” He smiled. “And since Sooyoung will be taking over your position, you will be taking over hers and do the patrolling with Yoona three days later. Speaking of which, where is Yoona? I didn’t see her in the meeting.” Hyuk-Jun looked around them and obviously failed to see the doe-eyed hunter who always stuck around her sisters.

Yuri replied, “Yoona isn’t feeling well, she’s resting in her room right now. I have Jessica to take care of her.”

Tiffany snapped her head towards Yuri’s direction when she heard her words. She was completely clueless about it and, obviously, surprised by the news.

“I see. Tell her to have a good rest too. Hope she gets better.”

“Thanks oppa, I will. We will be heading off then.”

The trio soon continued with their journey.

“Why didn’t any of you tell me Yoona is sick?” She glared at the both of them, specifically Sooyoung, since she was their dong-saeng’s partner.

Sooyoung quickly explained nervously, “She is not exactly sick…” Well, she was only resting in her room. Though it was weird, Sooyoung doubted Yoona was feeling unwell.

“And?” Tiffany shifted her glare from Sooyoung to Yuri, who told Hyuk-Jun about Yoona being unwell.

Yuri heaved out a sigh. “I think she didn’t have a good sleep last night.” Yuri looked at Tiffany helplessly, “She thought you were mad at her.”

Then it struck Tiffany that she actually ignored her dong-saeng when she was trying to show her concern to her last night.

“She had mistaken me.” Tiffany mumbled to herself. It was her fault. Her anxiety in searching for her great-grandmother’s ring caused her to neglect Yoona when she was trying to offer her some comfort.

She sighed in frustration and turned to Yuri, “You said she’s in her room?”

Yuri nodded.

Tiffany quickly spun around and left for their dormitory.

*

It was late in the afternoon. Yuri and Sooyoung had gone out when they received an urgent call from their headmaster, which means the dormitory was only left with her and Yoona who was resting or sleeping in her own room.

Jessica was eating a strawberry lollipop when she found a comfortable space on the couch with a book in her hand. The candy stick had basically become her favorite (junk) food ever, since Sooyoung shared this wonderful candy with her yesterday.

She plopped the lollipop out of and stared at the bright pink almost transparent candy.

Her beautiful forehead scrunched into a frown.

She must be very naive back then to actually believe her mother’s words.

“Whatever.” Jessica shrugged and threw the candy back into again. She held the book up to the same level as her face and read the seven alphabets word out loud.

Runical.

The blonde raised an eyebrow at the word and flipped the book open. She actually found this in Yuri’s room when she was tidying up the room for her awhile ago and was curious with its content.

Runical, a kingdom which was also known as the savior of the world………” Her voice slowly turned into mumbles and into silence. She would raise her eyebrow or frown or smile to herself occasionally as she read through the content.

The reading process went on for about an hour and Jessica finished almost half of the book.

… It was concluded that Runical was wiped out by the other clans.” Jessica finished the last sentence on the page she was reading. Her frowning face broke into a smile.

“Interesting.” She commented.

Jessica flipped the pages once more, intending to read what was written behind, but the alarm clock she set beforehand rang off, reminding her that she still had other duties to do. Jessica leaned forward and switched off the alarm clock that was resting on the table. She rose up from the couch and removed the lollipop stick from .

The candy had long melted in completely when she was engrossed with the book. She threw the stick into the bin beside the table and grabbed the alarm clock along with the book and headed upstairs.

She left all the items in Yuri's room and headed for the pantry. Once she reached the pantry, she went to the fridge and took out a plate of fried rice prepared by Yuri before she and Sooyoung went out.

Jessica held the plate with two hands and kicked the fridge close. Spinning around, she walked and stopped in front of the microwave oven.

“Now, let’s see how we do this…” Jessica nibbled on her lips nervously as she laid the plate on the cabinet. She bent down, leveling her eyes with the microwave oven. “Yuri said to pull this…” She pulled the handle that was protruding out of the rectangular steel box. It opened and revealed an empty space within.

“And put the plate in it…” Jessica took the plate of fried rice and placed it inside the microwave oven gently. “And close it.” She closed the door.

“Hmm…” Jessica pursed her lips into a pout. Her index finger was tapping on her chin. “What was the step after this?” She leaned forward again and examined the microwave oven. “1… 2… 5…? Hmm…” Jessica raised an eyebrow. “Oh! She said to press the ‘1’ to let it heat up the food for one minute.”

One minute later.

Jessica opened the microwave oven when she heard the ‘ding’ sound, indicating the heating process had ended.  She happily reached for the plate, and… “Ow!” She quickly withdrew her hand when her nervous system rang an alarm in her head.

She quickly put her scalded fingers into , trying to ease off the pain by cooling it with her tongue.

“Hing!!” She kicked the cabinet underneath the microwave oven.

That’s what you get for burning my fingers!


(Example of kick xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZHUCzq0GQPo#t=74s)
 

Jessica waited for a few more minutes before reaching for the plate again. She tapped on the plate lightly, ensuring the plate cooled down already, only then she lifted it up.

“Done!” The blonde beamed brightly at her work.

If only that stubborn girl knew she had done this, she would probably lecture her again.

The smile on Jessica’s face faded almost immediately when she recalled the girl she hadn’t seen for years, it was impossible for her to see her now.

Jessica sighed and retreated from the pantry with the plate of fried rice in her hands.

Yuri said if Yoona hadn’t wake up before four, heat up the fried rice for her and use it to lure her out of bed.

Jessica stopped in front of Yoona’s door. She held the plate with one hand and knocked on it.

……… No reply.

She had no choice but to go in then?

Jessica opened the door as gently as she could and stepped into the room. Unlike Yuri’s room which was clean, tidy and sort of empty (because she kept all her stuffs nicely in the cupboard), Yoona’s room was like a fantasyland. Plush toys scattered all over the room. On the ground, on the couch, on Yoona’s bed, even hanging on the ceiling!

The blonde was so amazed that agape uncontrollably in awe.

This is too good to be true! And to think that she never own a plush toy before…… How pathetic.

Jessica observed the plush toys surrounding her, completely forgotten her task to be here.

If only I can take one of them home… Jessica paused abruptly when her sharp eyes spotted a particular green stuffed toy at the corner.

Oh frog! Jessica approached the green frog which was lying at the corner of the room. She was about to reach for it when the weight in her hand reminded her objective to be here.

“Aish!” She knocked herself on her head with another hand. She mumbled, “Yuri’s gonna be mad at me if I don’t wake Yoona up…” She spun her body around immediately and approached the sleeping hunter on the bed.

Jessica put the plate aside and nudged Yoona.

“Yoona… wake up…”

No response.

She nudged her again, “Yoona… wake up… Yuri made fried rice for you…” Yuri said she could easily wake Yoona up with food, but the reaction she received… was completely different from what she was being told!

“Yoona……” She kept on nudging the girl, but Yoona did not even budge.

Jessica was getting frustrated.

She looked around the room, frantically searching for objects which could be used to wake this hunter up.

Then, something caught her attention.

Jessica jumped off the bed and reached for the bottle of water lying in the midst of the plush toys on the couch. A mischievous grin crept onto her face as she stared at the crystal clear content flowing within the transparent plastic.

This would do the job.

Jessica scurried back to the bed again, hopping onto the spot just next to Yoona and kneeled down beside her. She twisted the cap open and held the bottle high up in the mid-air.

“Yoona……” She nudged the girl once last time with her bent knee.

If Yoona isn’t going to respond to her, she will wake her up in her own way instead of the one Yuri suggested.

“Yoona… wake up! The fried rice is waiting for you!”

She kicked her again.

“Yoona!”

Hing!!! She’s asking for it!

Jessica lifted up her arm even higher, the bottle in her hand tilted slightly towards Yoona’s direction……

“What do you think you are doing?!”

A sudden voice from the entrance of the room startled the mischievous Jessica. A tinge amount of water escaped from the bottle uncontrollably and coincidentally dripped right onto Yoona’s face.


(Example of water (violent version) XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7GOSnXah_bQ#t=35s)