Chapter 042

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Forty-Two

Yuri…

The tanned hunter spun around upon hearing her name being called by an angelic voice. A wide smile was immediately spread across her face when her eyes came in contact with the beautiful blonde girl standing behind her.

Sica…

Her legs started to move on their own. The tanned hunter found herself running towards the blonde girl who was smiling at her sweetly.

Yuri-ah…

Sica…

Her arms spread themselves widely open and enveloped the blonde in her embrace as soon as their distance was less than a few centimeters apart. The tanned hunter loosened her arms slightly and pulled herself away in order to have a better view of the blonde.

Sica…

She tilted her head slightly to the side and lowered it down……

Piakkkkkkkkkk!

A burning pain was rising from her cheeks and frowns were immediately drawn deeply into her forehead. Yuri couldn’t believe Jessica had just slapped her. She thought Jessica was as eager as her in sharing their first kiss.

“Sica…”

Piakkkk!

The burning sensation had not yet gone, but she received another slap again.

“Sic––”

Piak! Piak! Piak!

Aish! That’s it! She had enough! Even if Jessica doesn’t want to share the kiss with her, there is no need for her to slap her numerous times!

“YAH––” Yuri’s eyes shot open. She was about to bolt up from her bed when she saw an unexpected person hovering right above her body. “YOU––”

Sooyoung quickly covered Yuri’s mouth before that stupid hunter tried to break the silence even further.

“Shhh!” She whispered with a slightly louder voice. She removed her hand from Yuri’s mouth. “Your princess is still asleep if you haven’t notice!” Sooyoung eyed the person who was snuggling into the nook of Yuri’s neck. She observed the blonde closely. Jessica had this very sweet smile on her face. It seemed that she was still in her deep sleep and was not affected by their conversation, or rather, Yuri’s aggressive movements.

It was then Yuri realized she was not the only person on the bed.

The warm breath brushing against her neck and the weight pressing on her arm, they were indicating the presence of someone sleeping in her arms.

And that someone is none other than Jessica!

Yuri almost jumped up from the bed when her mind registered the scene in front of her, but she was fortunately held down by Sooyoung, and avoided the possibility of waking up the fast asleep blonde.

But then again, “What are you doing in my room?” Yuri whispered her question at Sooyoung, who was still hovering over her, angrily.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes with an obvious annoyed expression and replied with a sarcastic tone, “Did you enjoy yourself too much last night that you forget we have a patrolling today?” She pushed herself up and jumped off the bed without waiting for her friend’s reply. “Get up and change now! We’re running late!” She had to finish the patrolling as fast as possible so she could enjoy Tiffany’s treat!

Sooyoung’s unintended words brought redness to Yuri’s cheeks. Yuri was blushing like a mad tomato when she heard Sooyoung mentioned the word ‘enjoy’. It reminded her of the kiss she almost shared with Jessica if Sooyoung hadn’t…… Yeah right! Sooyoung!

“Sooyoung!” Yuri yelled at her friend who was about to leave the room.

If it wasn’t for Sooyoung and her loud voice, they would have kissed already!

“What?” Sooyoung turned her head and yelled back at her, except with a softer tone. But she sounded as frustrated as well.

Oh, craps! She almost let her emotion controlled her!

Yuri swallowed the saliva was forming in and quickly changed her attitude. “Help me!” She said with a pleading tone.

She couldn’t afford having Sooyoung knew of the thought she had earlier on!

Sooyoung was confused. “Huh?” She walked back to the bed. “Help what?”

“It’s um… um… Jessica! Yeah, that’s right! Jessica! She’s lying on my arm, I can’t move!” Yuri wasn’t lying about that. In fact, Jessica had half of her body lying on top of hers––Hold on a second! Now that she thinks about it, what’s with the warm, soft and silky touch that had entangled around her legs?

Sooyoung flipped over the blanket. She wanted to assist Yuri in getting Jessica off her body, but the very next scene which opened up right in front of her caused her eyes to widen uncontrollably.

“Wow, I never know you’re such an impatient kid Yuri.” Sooyoung exclaimed with disbelief on her face. She hadn’t forgotten to keep her volume low.

“What are you talking about?” Yuri was obviously clueless with her friend’s comment. She thought she was only asking her to move Jessica away from her?

Sooyoung hinted Yuri by pointing at the figure with her chin.

Yuri blinked in confusion. She lifted herself up slightly and examined whatever Sooyoung wanted her to see. But when her eyes captured the very intimate scene she was sharing with Jessica, Yuri almost wanted to scream.

Jessica buried her face into the nook of her neck… Okay, she knew that already. Jessica’s legs were entangled with hers… Yup, she felt that too. Jessica had rested her arm was across her chest… Fine, that wasn’t serious at all.

But here comes the most crucial part.

Why was her hand on Jessica’s waist––Wait, scratch that! It wasn’t exactly her waist since her hand was placed near to her chest! Yuri didn’t even realize that she was hugging Jessica so tightly until now!

“Care for any explanation?” Sooyoung arched an eyebrow at her friend. She folded her arms across her chest while waiting for Yuri to answer.

Her lips went apart, voice stuttered out of , “This… I… It’s a misunderst––”

“Actually, never mind. I’m not really that interested to know.” Yuri’s action and behavior had already explained the situation well enough for her.

Sooyoung shrugged and bent forward, removing Jessica’s arm from Yuri’s chest with cautious. Then, she moved to the other side and did the same thing to their entangled legs.

She turned to Yuri as soon as she was done with her job. “Now, if you remove YOUR HAND from Jessica’s waist or chest I don’t know, we should be able to get her off your body.”

Yuri removed her hand from Jessica’s body obediently, but her body remained stiff due to Jessica’s presence.

Sooyoung shook her head with a sigh upon noticing it.

Why does she have this feeling that she is becoming Yuri’s slave who specializes in taking care of that idiot’s lover(s)?

She is so going to get Yuri repays her with foods for this!

“Get up now! I will be waiting for you downstairs.” Sooyoung exited Yuri’s room and closed the door gently behind her.

Yuri remained still, breathing as hard as she could to calm herself down from whatever excitement that seemed to be rising from her body. She slowly shifted her body to face Jessica. A smile crept onto her face unknowingly when she noticed the little sweet smile Jessica was wearing on her face.

This shows Jessica is having a good sleep.

Yuri’s smile widened. She got up slightly and supported the upper half of her body with her elbow. The hunter pulled herself a little closer to Jessica. She swiped the hair covering part of Jessica’s face to behind her ears.

“Sleep tight Sica, I’ll be back soon.”

*

Having no access to magical powers for twenty-four hours made Taeyeon felt worse than when she was tortured by that ridiculous inhumane b*stard many years ago.

Being born as a sorcerer who had been performing magic skills ever since she was a kid, magic is not only an offensive skill to be used for combat, but also an important and essential element part of her life.

It simply means non-sorcerers used strength to do work, whereas sorcerers depended largely on magic. For example, non-sorcerers run with their feet if they want to reach their destination earlier. For sorcerers, they would normally teleport instead of running.

Being a magic-less sorcerer is no different from a handicapped non-sorcerer. Since sorcerers are too used to have magic playing as a part of their life, losing them is like a non-sorcerer losing his or her hands and feet.

Taeyeon could say that these twenty-four hours of being magic-less is one of the most hellish moments she ever experienced (even though her situation is nowhere near danger). The fact that she was unable to perform magic made her felt crippled.

The sorceress swiftly slid the sliding door open and allowed her friend, who was around the same size as her, into her house. As soon as the both of them entered the premise, Taeyeon slid the sliding door close roughly, causing a loud thud to be heard.

“You’re going to break your own door.” Sunny commented. She dropped her bag on the couch and comfortably plopped herself on it.

Taeyeon released her hand from the door’s handle and walked to Sunny. “My door only served as a decoration. What prevents people from trespassed my house is my barrier.”

An obvious anger could be heard in her tone, Sunny knew exactly what she meant.

“Look Taeyeon, we’re sorry alright? We have no idea your barrier will disappeared along with your magic. Besides, your house looks fine to me. I don’t think anyone had trespassed it yet.” And it wasn’t like anyone would be able to find this house which was located so deep into the forest.

Taeyeon huffed, “Whatever, I’m going back to my room and change.”

“Okay.” Sunny replied without looking at her. She opened up her bag and pulled out a slim rectangular object from it. She flipped its cover open, revealing a dark screen behind it. “Let’s see…”

Taeyeon entered her room and approached her wardrobe. She pulled open its door and reached for a random shirt hanging on the top. However, just as her hand touched the piece of fabric, she paused when she noticed the bag that was lying on the bottom with the corner of her eyes.

“Tiffany…” She hadn’t seen her for days. She wondered how the hunter was.

Taeyeon picked up the bag and pulled the top apart. She was about to take out the dress when she realized something was amiss.
The dress… she remembered folding it nicely with the top facing upwards, but it looked as though it was being thrashed into the bag randomly now.

Someone was here.

Taeyeon clutched her fists and threw the bag, together with the dress, on her bed. She stood still and observed her room closely, trying to look out for any hint to prove her conclusion was right. Everything was in place, from her bed to her dressing table to her couch then to her bathro––Damn it! Taeyeon turned her head back to the dressing table’s direction.

The ring box is opened!

Taeyeon jumped onto her bed and kneeled across it to her dressing table. She reached for the small box in flustered, almost falling off the bed but she couldn’t care more. Taeyeon brought the box to her face and looked into it. A sigh of relief was eventually let out when she saw the ring was still lying in there.

However, that was not the end.

Although she had recognized this to be the ring her lover gave her in the past, but… Taeyeon rolled the ring, which was within the sponge it was stuffed into, until the carving ‘S’ from the inner side of the ring was above the sponge.

This is her habit of keeping this ring.

Seeing that the carving was not in its usual place, Taeyeon knew someone was definitely here.

You better not let me catch you, intruder.