Chapter 029

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The atmosphere in the foyer was near destruction. The pressurization was so strong that Sooyoung thought her body was going to explode because of it.

Sooyoung cursed for the umpteenth times as she stuffed the chips into .

Why does she have to be around every time when there is a situation!?

She constantly shifted her gaze from the uneasy blonde to the almighty brunette. Poor Jessica… Sooyoung thought to herself. Tiffany was the last person anyone ever wanted to offend and she offended her right on the first day she moved into the dorm… uh, maybe even before that.

Poor Jessica, I pity you.

“Sooyoung, where’s Yuri?” An icy voice pierced through the silence in the foyer and entered Sooyoung’s ears, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Sooyoung’s hand immediately came to a stop in the mid air before she was able to feed those, what she saw as treasure, chips into . She turned to the brunette sitting on her right cautiously, who never shifted her gaze from the blonde sitting opposite them, and timidly answered, “She is in her room……” Yuri told her to look after Jessica while she tidied up her room for Jessica. If she knew Tiffany would be returning to their dormitory at the same time, she swore to all her snacks that she would never promise to help Yuri!

“Can you get her for me?” Her sentence reflected a request, but her tone implied a demand.

“Yeah, sure…” Sooyoung put down her bag of chips on the tea table in front of them. Before she left, she stole a glimpse at the blonde who was on her dried lips nervously, staring at a random spot of the table.

Ugh! Sorry! As much as I want to save you, I want to survive too!

Sooyoung dashed up the stairs and headed straight into Yuri’s room. She slammed the door closed hard, successfully gaining the other living soul’s attention.

“Yes?” Yuri questioned with obvious irritation in her voice. Her normal gaze transformed into a stare as she averted it to her anxious friend who just barged into her room rudely without her granted permission.

“Are you done yet?” Instead of answering Yuri’s question, Sooyoung replied her with another question. She wanted to end this whole torturing mood as fast as possible!

“Almost.” Yuri laid the pillow in her hand near the headboard. She then turned back to Sooyoung again, “What’s up with you?” She finally noticed the abnormal tension in her friend.

Sooyoung lifted up her arm and pointed to her back with her thumb, “Tiffany… she’s back.”

“And?” Yuri raised an eyebrow at Sooyoung.

She is not going to start her crappy love theories again huh?

“I think she’s going to murder Jessica soon––YAH!” Before Sooyoung was able to finish her sentence, Yuri pulled her away from the door suddenly and dashed out of the room, causing her to fall to the ground with a not-so-soft thud.

Sooyoung rubbed her to ease the pain. “What’s with that woman?” She climbed up from the ground and quickly followed outside.

When she reached the foyer, the situation was different from what it was when she left. Yoona appeared out of nowhere and was having a rather cheery conversation with Jessica. Tiffany was in her seat, except that the cold expression was gone, she looked a little frustrated and helpless now.

“Unnie! You should have introduced Jessica unnie to me earlier! She is such a fun person to be with!”

Sooyoung had no idea whether it was her who was too sensitive, or did Yoona really said those words intentionally? She secretly shifted her gaze to the quiet brunette. Apart from the frustration and helpless she spotted earlier on, the hunter looked like she was repressing her anger?

Yuri didn’t notice what Sooyoung saw, her mind was preoccupied by Jessica when she heard Sooyoung mentioning something like Tiffany was going to murder her. Of course, she knew Tiffany would not actually murder Jessica, but knowing how much Tiffany disliked Jessica, she was worried if Tiffany might do anything harmful, or hurtful, towards her. But fortunately, Yoona was present as well. Yuri believed Tiffany wouldn’t do any terrible (horrible) things in front of her beloved dong-saeng.

“Yah!” Yuri went ahead and ruffled Yoona’s hair. “You are the one who said you don’t like to go to the infirmary. How am I supposed to introduce Jessica to you? You don’t expect me to carry her out of the ward right?” Then she turned to Jessica, the mean attitude from before changed to a gentle one, “I guess I can save for the introduction?”

Jessica drew a small smile on the lips and nodded shyly. Yuri seemed to hold a very close relationship with everyone here and it felt nice to see them playing around with one another, it made her felt like home, in which she never experienced before.

“Unnie, you’re bias!” Yoona pursed her lips into a pout, her hands were busying her hair back to its position.

“What?”

“You’re so rough to me, yet so gentle to Jessica unnie!”

Gulp!

Sooyoung was back on the couch again. She was about to throw her unfinished chips into when she heard Yoona’s comment and paused.

Honestly, did Yoona say that deliberately? She should know more than better Tiffany hated it when Yuri got too close with girls other than herself. Why was she even making that kind of comment?

Sooyoung stole a quick glance at Tiffany.

Oh no! She sensed storm gathering over Tiffany’s head!

Yuri smacked Yoona lightly on her head, “Yah! Jessica is still a patient, why are you even comparing? Anyway,” She clapped her hands. “I have something to announce.” She did a quick scanning to her surrounding and stopped when her eyes reached Tiffany. “Jessica is moving into our dorm, she’s going to stay in my room.”

“I oppose to that.”

Expected from Tiffany, Yuri knew right from the start Tiffany would not agree to this.

“Fa––”

“Yuri unnie isn’t asking for opinion. She is merely announcing the news to us.” Before Yuri could explain herself, Yoona replied for her… in rebellious way, which was quite unexpected from the lovely dong-saeng they were used to.

The tension was getting too obvious that it was impossible for Yuri to let it pass. She secretly cursed within her heart. She knew Tiffany and Yoona were still on bad terms, but she didn’t know the situation was still so serious. Whatever Yoona just did was basically asking for a fight!

“Yoon––”

Yuri was interrupted again.

“This is hunters’ dormitory. The rule says no outsiders are allowed to be inside this premise. Which means,” Tiffany rose from her seat, her narrowed gaze fixed upon the frightened blonde who was too frightened to share eye contact with her. “She is not allowed to be sitting here even.”

A sarcastic smirk was reflected on Yoona’s face. She stood up from where she was, maintaining a decent eye level with Tiffany. She sneered and replied, “I met Hyuk-Jun oppa on the way back earlier on. He said he approved Yuri unnie’s request regarding the moving in of Jessica unnie. I bet you don’t know about it yet since Yuri unnie haven’t told you so. Anyway, it means Yuri unnie and Jessica unnie did not break our rules, they have been granted permission!”

Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd! What is Yoona doing!!

Sooyoung moved out from the couch and stood at a distance where she thought was safe. Her right hand naturally reached for the bag of chips in her left hand as her eyes never left the dramatic scene in front of her.

Eh!?!!!!

Sooyoung looked at her hands which were clasping together.

AHHHHHHHHH! I forgot my chips on the couch!!!

“Yoona, you’re determined to do this with me?” Tiffany’s voice softened out of the sudden. It was clear from the soft voice that Tiffany sounded sorrowful when she asked that question.

The persistence in Yoona immediately shattered into pieces. She knew she was hurting Tiffany from all her rude and hurtful comments. She didn’t want to do that either, but she needed to stop Tiffany from being a two-timer, and be faithful to Yuri.

The Tiffany she knew of should not be a jerk.

“You know what I want."

Tiffany inhaled a deep breath.

She is willing to do anything for the sake of her dong-saeng forgiven, but the request Yoona is asking for is impossible to achieve. She has to find out who Taeyeon is and what is she exactly up to.

Tiffany released a helpless sigh through her nose eventually.

She will just have Yoona hates her until she is done with Taeyeon. Risking the relationship with her important ones is always better than risking their lives no matter what.

Tiffany took a final glance at the doe-eyed girl before she walked out of their dormitory without saying another word.

“Sooyoung, can you take Jessica to my room for me?” Yuri finally found her chance to speak. She pulled Yoona by her arm, stopping the young hunter from going elsewhere.

The expression on her face was stern and obviously, unhappy.

“Yoona, let’s have a chat.”

*

Yuri poured the hot milk out of the kettle into two ceramic cups carefully and brought them over to their small dining table. She placed one of the cups in front of Yoona and another in front of herself.

“For you.”

Yoona took the cup in her hands. “Thanks unnie.” She lowered her head and stared blankly into the white liquid content in the cup.

She was in a really bad mood now.

Tiffany had, once again, refused to cooperate with her and chose that stranger over Yuri. Her decision disappointed her. Yoona felt like the unnie she loved and respected was no longer here anymore.

“Yoona, I know the both of you are hiding something from us. I’m not going to force you to tell me though. I just need you to listen to whatever I want to say, okay?”

Yoona nodded hesitantly. She always obeyed her unnies’ instruction, but for now, she wasn’t sure if she had the ability to absorb the upcoming information that was about to be heard.

“It is natural that even the closest siblings may have discordant at times. Arguments are unavoidable and quarrels may even occur between the periods of their frustration. However, one should never forget the benevolence of a person and satirized him or her because of a single mistake they made. Do you get what I’m saying Yoona?”

Yoona remained silent. Her grips were tightening around the ceramic cup she was holding as she unconsciously chewed on her bottom lip.

“I don’t know what Fany did to make you so angry, but you should never humiliate her in front of everybody. Have you ever put yourself in her shoes? If the dong-saeng you always care do such a thing to you, how will you feel? Do you even know how hurting it may be to her?”

Yuri was not even close to shouting, but Yoona could sense the obvious anger in her voice.

She bit her lip even harder.

“Yoona, are you listening to me?”

A drop of tear escaped the corner of her eye. Yoona quickly released her cup and wiped it off.

Now, it sure made Yuri felt like she was the villain. “Silly girl, why are you crying? I’m not scolding you…” Her tone softened at the sight of her crying dong-saeng. Yuri got up from her seat and sat on the chair next to Yoona instead. “I just want you to realize your mistake.”

More tears fell out from her eyes. Yoona tried her best to wipe them all away, but they just kept falling like a never-ending waterfall, wetting the thin fabric covering her slender thighs.

Yuri reached for the tissue on the table and dabbed those annoying tears off Yoona’s face gently. “I’m sorry if I’m too fierce. Don’t cry anymore, alright?”

Yoona sniffed and shook her head. She wasn’t crying because of Yuri, it was Tiffany’s decision and herself who made her felt depressing.

“Yoona…” Yuri sighed with guiltiness.

Sooyoung was right about leaving them alone, her butting in only worsened the situation. “Okay, I will not reprimand you anymore. Just promise me don’t be mean to Tiffany again, alright? Both of you are my family, it saddens me when I see you guys fight.” Yuri ruffled Yoona’s hair and pulled her into her embrace.

Unnie…

Yoona wrapped her arms around Yuri’s waist instinctively and buried her face into the nook of Yuri’s neck, pouring all the unwillingness which had piled in her heart unknowingly.

I’m not fighting with Fany unnie, I just want the Fany unnie I know to come back.