Chapter 096

EVERLAST: The Hunters
Chapter Ninety-Six
 
Her life had been so perfect that she almost thought she was living in her dream.
 
“Taeyeon––” She screamed with all her might just as she felt something exploded from her lower abdomen. It was as if she had used up all of her energies, she dropped onto their new bed sheet lifelessly as the foreign object in her lower region made its way out of her.
 
Then, she felt feather-liked kisses on her face. Forcing a tiny gap between her heavy eyelids, she wrapped her arms around her lover’s neck and pulled her in for a kiss.
 
“Another round?”
 
Her lover asked tenderly after they broke from the kiss.
 
She shook her head immediately and snuggled close to her lover’s bare chest, sliding her arms down from her neck and wrapped them around her waist.
 
She complained softly, “I’m tired…” Her voice was close to whining. “… because of you.” The sound of a light slap was produced from her lover’s bare chest after her palm came in contact with it.
 
Taeyeon could only respond with a snicker and tightened her arms around Tiffany’s body. She was right. Who wouldn’t be tired after four… or five rounds of making love? Looking at her lover, who seemed to be fast asleep, Taeyeon planted a kiss on her forehead lovingly before lying down and flew to the dreamland with sleeping lover.
 
When Tiffany woke up again, she found herself nicely dressed in Taeyeon’s t-shirt and pants. Happy that her lover knew she loved to wear her clothes, especially after their intimate moment, Tiffany grinned to herself while pulling the collar of the t-shirt near her nose.
 
Life could never be better than this. Having drowned in Taeyeon’s love, dressed in Taeyeon’s clothes, slept in Taeyeon’s arm––Oh wait, where is that girl?
 
“Taeyeon~”
 
The door to their room opened at the same time of her call and Taeyeon appeared from behind it.
 
“I was about to check on you.” The petite girl smiled when she saw her lover sitting on a bed, sniffing her shirt like a little kitten. She climbed onto the bed and wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist. “Good morning.” She planted a kiss on her lips and pulled away just as Tiffany was going to respond to her. She giggled and Tiffany’s nose gently when she saw that pout forming on her lips, “Breakfast is ready. We can continue with last night activity later~” She flashed her a mischievous wink.
 
Tiffany slapped her arm almost immediately, but lightly, “I’m not going to be at the bottom again.” Her body had not recovered since the day they started to have this activity every night after they were done with the furnishing. She couldn’t even find a proper word to describe the aching she was going through now.
 
“Uh uh, we have a promise~”
 
The mischivious grin on her face only earned her another slap on the arm.
 
They took exactly a week to complete the furnishing of their house. It could have been longer, but Taeyeon became unusually hardworking after getting the bed sheets which Tiffany had instructed her to get, so her chores ended earlier than what she had predicted.
 
It wasn’t like Tiffany had anything to complain about, but it was indeed weird to find her partner, who usually drop ‘dead’ after a little physical work, to be working from day till night. And because of that, Tiffany decided to give her the privilege to be on the ‘top’ when Taeyeon requested it.
 
But who knew… this instantly became the worst decision she ever made.
 
Frankly speaking, Tiffany had not accustomed to their current lifestyle yet, despite it was like her tenth? Or eleventh day in this house. She was always visiting towns, villages and even the wilds, during her days in Aurales. Having such a drastic change in her daily lifestyle, Tiffany found uncomfortableness crawling all over her. She felt suffocated for not stepping out of their house for more than a week. Well, of course, not literally. She had gone to their backyard, where she would watch sunset or the stars at night in Taeyeon’s arms.
 
She loved that, of course. But she needed a larger space as compared to this occasionally.
 
“Taeyeon…” She purred in the gentlest voice she could ever produce. She had the urge to get out of this place, but for all she knew, Taeyeon didn’t seem to share similar thought with her. She could tell that her lover was very content with spending her days in this house and only this house.
 
However… maybe it was different for her as of now since during the days of their furnishing, she was the one who went to the town to purchase all the necessary items for their home. Perhaps she would share the same sentiment as her after a few more days of ‘confinement’.
 
“Yeah?” Taeyeon diverted her attention from wet plate in her hand to her lover before turning back to it again. She dried it with a cloth and placed it on the plate holder. “What’s up, my little kitten?” She dried her hands with another cloth and strolled to the front of the table, where Tiffany was sitting behind it.
 
“Since when did I become a ‘little kitten’?” That was a cute nickname, but Tiffany didn’t think it suited her in any kinds of way.
 
Cub would be a better description since they were much vicious than… kittens.
 
Taeyeon hopped onto the chair and grabbed Tiffany’s hands. She pulled them towards her and placed them next to her cheeks. “Since the day you whimpered my name under my body and––Mmmp!” She was unfortunately interrupted when Tiffany pressed her palms hard into her cheeks.
 
“I hate you, Kim Taeyeon.” She pouted, taking her hands away from Taeyeon’s innocent red cheeks.
 
Taeyeon grinned and replied, “I love you too, Hwang Tiffany.”
 
“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes at her. But the up-curved of her lips showed that Taeyeon’s little confession was taking its supposed effect.
 
“What are you trying to say earlier?” Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hands in hers again. She loved how their hands fit so nicely and comfortable when held together. If possible, she wished she could hold this pair of hands every minute––no, every second should be the right word.
 
“Let’s get out of here.” She felt an immediate flinch in their connected hand. Puzzled by the reaction, Tiffany observed her lover in discretion. “I’ve been staying in the house for too long. Let’s go to the town for a walk.” She squeezed their connected hands purposely.
 
“But there’s nothing in the town!” Taeyeon exclaimed out loud. She sounded a bit too agitated for such a simple reply and she realized that obviously. Mentally cursing herself when she noticed Tiffany’s probing eyes, Taeyeon quickly put on a smile and added calmly, “I mean, there is nothing much in the town and it’s far away from our place. Why don’t we just walk around the mountain?”
 
“Okay.” She complied with Taeyeon’s suggestion without a second thought and flashed the contented smile which she always showed to Taeyeon.
 
Sometimes, she really wished she was as naïve as Stephanie.
 
And missed out that soft sigh of relief which Taeyeon released after she agreed with her.
 
*
 
Life .
 
That phrase had been repeating in Nickhun’s head since one week ago, after the girls decided that he and Narsha should disguise as the victims and sneaked into Aurales.
 
Why not Sunny and Jonghyun? He asked this question to himself many times and the answer had always been the same.
 
They needed Sunny for the preparation, while Jonghyun was still in coma despite his wound had recovered.
 
Point taken. There should be no reason for him to complain.
 
But––
 
Nickhun felt like banging his head against the wall.
 
Is it fate that is playing with him? Why did she go to the neighboring town instead of the town where they met one another and… eventually ‘saved’ him from the mutants? He didn’t choose to go there because he felt like it. He chose to hide there because he thought he could avoid facing her!
 
“Sigh!” The sorcerer sighed deeply into his palms.
 
They hadn’t talked even after the accidental reunion. But from the expression she showed him before she left, Nickhun knew she had a lot to say and–– many questions to ask. For that, he knew he had to keep his in this temporary assigned room and wait for her before carrying out his task officially.
 
The task… which required him to plant Tranz in everyone’s body, with the exception of the elite hunters as the Princess had ordered them not to hurt any of them.
 
But why?
 
The door to his room swung open suddenly and he was forced to pull away from his train of thoughts––to the woman who he had been waiting for.
 
“Victoria…” He couldn’t bring himself to look at her. The guilt in him was too strong. He could feel the shame in him for even standing in front of her.
 
“I just want to ask you one question. I will leave straight away after you answer me.”
 
Her voice was cold. It was foreign. He almost couldn’t recognize her.
 
“Shoot.”
 
“Is it …” She paused, as if afraid to get that question out of . “… a game to you?”
 
His head shot up immediately and he saw the tearful face.
 
“I––” He was going to deny but a wild idea popped up in his head.
 
This was his best chance to cut ties with her.
 
“What if I say yes?” Words spilled out even before he knew it and he felt regret pressing hard on his chest, squeezing his organs, suffocating him.
 
He wished he could take back what he had just said, but damages had already been done. There was no point in doing that.
 
The room fell into silence instantly. No one said anything, nor did anyone made a move. Then, out of the sudden, there was a loud slam from the door and the hunter was gone from the room.
 
Nickhun let out a mocking sneer and lay on the bed.
 
“Stupidest move ever.”