Chapter 064

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Sixty-Four

Taeyeon was sitting on the edge of the port outside her floating home. She left her legs dangling freely above the water and allowed numerous thoughts rushed through her mind like the running stream.

Sunny’s voice had been looping over and over again inside her head. She knew what Sunny said was true, that she could not bring herself to end Tiffany’s life. But the hatred in her was constantly reminding her to take Tiffany’s soul.

The person who betrayed their love does not have the right to stay in this world.

It was a very sudden and unexpected moment when Taeyeon felt the presence of her Crystal Tear calling for her. The voice was soft, almost like a murmur, but Taeyeon was still able to make out the word she heard.

Taetae.

She almost forgot how to breathe.

That name… the nickname which Stephanie made for her, she hadn’t heard it since the day she left Stephanie.

Stephanie…

Taeyeon got up from where she was and rushed back to her house.

It can’t be Stephanie who is the one calling for her, but it can never be Tiffany either! That hunter is just a reborn of Stephanie who happened to share the same features as her, and the Crystal Tear… the Crystal Tear in her body doesn’t prove anything!

Tiffany is not Stephanie. She shouldn’t know anything about them!

“Tif––”

Her determination in killing Tiffany was crushed instantly when she saw the hunter in the balcony, looking at her with an eye-smile which she hadn’t seen for years.

“Fany?”

* Just a gentle reminder, Fany and Phanie sound the same.

The remaining half of the name slipped out of unconsciously as she watched her ran towards her with wide opened arms.

“Taetae!”

She was embraced by the familiar hug which she secretly missed for years.

“Taetae, where have you been?”

Then, she found herself staring intently at the hunter who was hugging her.

They looked exactly the same, even the auras… they were similar. The only difference in them is that Stephanie had a short hair while Tiffany’s hair was way below shoulder.

“Phanie…”

Taeyeon was getting confused. She had no idea if the person in front of her is Tiffany or Stephanie. She only knew that her heart was thumping madly for her.

So mad that she thought it was going to jump out of her chest soon.

Tiffany pouted. Her gaze was like a puppy seeking for its owner’s attention.

“You forgot.”

“What?”

Taeyeon couldn’t register her words well.

“This…”

Tiffany leaned in and pecked Taeyeon on her lips. Slipping her arms across Taeyeon’s shoulders, Tiffany moved away and rested her forehead against Taeyeon’s forehead.

“We are supposed to share kisses…”

Taeyeon couldn’t budge at all.

Tiffany leaned in again and captured Taeyeon’s lips with her own ones. But instead of a peck, she deepened the kiss and started to move her lips. Surprisingly, Taeyeon, who thought she had lost the control of her body, wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist almost immediately instinctively and returned her kiss.

It was only a matter of seconds before Taeyeon took over the control of the kiss and dominated Tiffany. She started to push Tiffany, slowly, and gently, leading her to the bed behind them before laying Tiffany down on the soft mattress as soon as her legs touched the edge of it.

Taeyeon released Tiffany’s lips and went for her neck.

Though Taeyeon would never admit this, she knew she missed this.

She missed Stephanie every minute, every second of her life.

“Mmm… Tae…”

Taeyeon pulled away Tiffany’s jacket and threw it on the ground while nibbling on her earlobe.

She missed Stephanie’s warmth and hug. She missed how Stephanie always wrapped her arms around her neck and tangled her fingers with her hair when she was showering love to her body. She missed it when Stephanie rubbed her thigh against hers to show her needs.

Most importantly, she missed how Stephanie always moaned her name whenever they were making love.

“Tae… tae…”

Tiffany moaned softly while pulling Taeyeon by her neck closer towards her. Her arms trailed down Taeyeon’s back, stopping at the hem of her shirt before slipping into it and caressed her smooth back.

Taeyeon did the same thing to Tiffany as well without breaking the contact between her lips and Tiffany’s neck. She slipped one hand under Tiffany’s shirt and began to draw circles on her toned abs with her thumb, earning a louder groan from the girl below than before.

Taeyeon missed this. She missed it so badly that she felt like gobbling her up right now–––

“Unnie!”

The door swung open suddenly and a panic-looking Yoona barged into the room. Her panicked eyes immediately changed into shocked ones before pools of disappointment took over them.

She pressed her lips tightly together, trying to her best not to unleash her angers to the two people who were acting intimately on bed. “Sorry…” She muttered forcefully. Here, she was worrying about Tiffany’s whereabouts, and there, Tiffany was enjoying her life with her little lover.

Yoona felt like an idiot for panicking for Tiffany.

Spinning around, Yoona stomped out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

“Yoona…”

Taeyeon heard the hunter underneath her calling for the hunter who had just left. She immediately diverted her attention back to Tiffany, who was wearing a confused look which soon turned into realization. She watched Tiffany placed her palms on her shoulders silently and pushed her away.

“Yoona!”

Tiffany jumped off the bed and chased after the said hunter. Taeyeon felt her bottom landed on the soft mattress as the hunter disappeared behind the door.

No, it isn’t painful at all, but why is her chest feeling so uncomfortable?

Taeyeon gritted her teeth tightly together and punched the bed.

Stephanie has gone.

*

“Yoona!”

Tiffany pushed Taeyeon off her body in flustered and jumped off the bed. She picked up her jacket from the ground at the same time as she chased after her dong-saeng.

Her heart was pumping aggressively against her chest and her body was trembling in fear. It wasn’t the thought of Yoona witnessing them which made her felt like this, but she herself…

She was seeing herself as Stephanie until Yoona came into the room and interrupted their session.

Tiffany found Yoona easily after dashing out of Taeyeon’s house. The young hunter was standing by the port with her arms folded across the chest, staring at the lake with an evident frowns on the face. Tiffany was in a lost. She had no idea whether to stand here and wait, or to approach her fuming dong-saeng. But seemingly, her body made a decision for her before her brain did. Tiffany soon found herself hugging Yoona from behind, burying her face deeply on her dong-saeng’s back. Tears were running down her cheeks uncontrollably, and Tiffany could only used Yoona’s back to hide those ugly drops.

“Yoona, don’t… please…”

Tiffany had no idea what had gotten into her. She had never felt so insecure and desperate before. She felt as though she had lost something precious, but she couldn’t pinpoint what that was, and Yoona seemed to be her only support right now. She couldn’t afford to have her dong-saeng abandoned her when she was all she had.

The anger in her died in an instant when Yoona felt Tiffany’s trembles and heard her sobs. She turned around quickly and held Tiffany’s shoulders, forcing the crying hunter to look at her.

Her heart was aching painfully. She had never seen Tiffany in such a broken down state since the first day she met her.

“Unnie…” Guilty was rushing throughout her body. Yoona lifted up her hand and wiped away those tears with her thumb gently. “Don’t cry.”Tiffany shook her head and avoided Yoona’s hand. She had betrayed Yoona’s trust. She doesn’t deserve Yoona’s concern anymore.

“I’m sorry…” Tiffany couldn’t stop her tears. Feeling ashamed, she moved a step back and lowered her head, but her hands were gripping tightly to the hem of Yoona’s shirt, as if afraid her dong-saeng would really disappear from her vision if she released her. “I’m sorry… I don’t know what I was doing… I’m sorry Yoona… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

“Unnie…”

“I’m sorry… please don’t hate me, Yoona… I’m sorry… I’m terribly sorry…” Tiffany kept on apologizing with her head hung low, letting her tears dripped and created dark patches on the concrete ground below them.

“Unnie, stop it.”

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

She had lost the courage to face Yoona. She had no rights to be Yoona’s unnie anymore.

“Unnie!” Yoona placed her palms against Tiffany’s cheeks and forced the latter to look at her. “Stop it.” She pleaded her. Her gaze was filled with pain.

This isn’t the Tiffany she used to know at all! Tiffany shouldn’t be like this, tears should never exist in her eyes!

Sliding an arm down to her waist, Yoona pulled Tiffany into her embrace hastily and locked her in her arm securely, in case Tiffany tried to pull away again.

Indeed, Tiffany struggled with all her might when she discovered Yoona’s intention. But her fragile condition was too weak against Yoona’s hold. Gradually, her struggles came to a stop as she buried her face on Yoona’s shoulder and cried out loud.

At the very same moment, Taeyeon was standing at the entrance of her house, staring at Tiffany helplessly with her hand clutched tightly into fist, nails dug deeply into her skin without herself knowing.

Taeyeon, have you forgotten? You lost her a century ago. Of course she wouldn’t jump into your embrace again when she needs a shoulder to cry on.
 



A/N: Yoona's role in TaeNy's relationship is like Sooyoung's role in YulSic's relationship xD But she is less funny ヽ(´ー`)ノ