Chapter 052

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Fifty-Two

The sun is setting.

Orangish rays of lights invaded through the windows and shone brightly onto one of the sleeping figures on the bed. Her body stirred upon the invasion of light and a few seconds later, the black orbs hiding behind the double eyelids revealed themselves.

Yuri squinted at the sudden brightness and rubbed her eyes.

What is the time now?

She tried to get up to look at the clock, but something was wrapped around her arm and it prevented her from doing so.

“Sica?!”

Yuri was surprised to see Jessica lying next to her, and not the mentioned her koala hugging position… Yes, she was literally hugging her arm like how a koala bear did to the tree. Yuri scratched her head with her free hand. A helpless smile was formed on her face, but it contained too much affection that if only Jessica opened her eyes, she might be drawn into them again.

She wondered if what happened before was only a dream.

Yuri pushed the strands of hairs that were covering Jessica’s face away gently, revealing the perfect feature which was hidden underneath them.

If the kiss was a dream, she wished she was still asleep.

Knock! Knock!

The knockings on the door snapped Yuri out of her thoughts. She hurriedly removed her hand away from Jessica and stared at the door nervously, as though the person would knew what she was thinking.

The door went ajar without waiting for Yuri’s reply and Tiffany emerged from behind it. “Yuri––” Her sentence immediately came to a stop when she saw the entangled couple on bed.

Jessica… Tiffany clutched her fists tightly together when she recalled the scene whereby she witnessed Jessica and her flawless back just before Yuri returned with Sooyoung. There was no way she would believe it was her eyes that was playing tricks on her. She was very assured that there was something wrong with Jessica and she had to remove her fast before that blonde managed to harm them.

She has to kill her.

But not now, not when Yuri is around.

“Fany? What’s wrong?” Yuri called out nervously. She was completely unaware of Tiffany’s secret intention. She was overwhelmed by the unknown guiltiness that was rising within her. She felt as if she was caught on bed with her mistress by her wife, and she had no explanation for it.

Fortunately for Yuri, Tiffany was too into the thoughts of eliminating Jessica that even jealously wasn’t working on her.

“Sooyoung woke up.” Tiffany said with a cold tone. She was trying to repress the urge in killing Jessica which result her in sounding emotionless.

“She woke up?” Yuri almost bolted from her bed upon the good news, but the tug on her arm reminded her about the girl who was lying next to her. She made a sudden pause, leaving her upper body hanging diagonally in the air with the support of her other elbow pressing against the bed.

And that tiny reaction only made Tiffany’s expression turned even darker.

Nevertheless, she still remained calm and replied Yuri, “Yes, and Yoona is with her now. You should go and take a look.”

While I stay here to deal with this suspicious blonde.

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at the sound asleep blonde unconsciously. Nothing would stop her from fulfilling her goal.

Perhaps it was her gaze that was too strong, Yuri finally came to realize the unusual aura which was emitting from Tiffany. Tiffany might have kept it low, but being her partner for years, it was impossible for Yuri to go completely unnoticed. Especially, this aura was similar to the one she felt when they were killing mutants.

Frown was immediately formed. “I will go later.” Yuri said with a firm tone. She had no idea what made Tiffany became offensive again, but she had to protect the innocent Jessica before anything went wrong. She didn’t want to oppose against Tiffany either, but watching Jessica getting harmed for no reason is a no.

Tiffany folded her arms across her chest. “Aren’t you worried for Sooyoung?” It was impossible for her to lay her hands on Jessica if Yuri was around.

“Of course I am!” Yuri exclaimed. She was definitely disappointed with Tiffany’s question. Or, in fact, she was unhappy with Tiffany and her attitude now.

Why can’t she ever leave Jessica alone?

“Then why aren’t you going?”

“I… I will just go later.” If she said she had to be here for Jessica, it would probably provoke Tiffany even more.

However, if it wasn’t for Jessica who was preoccupying her mind, Yuri should have known that her little struggle was more than enough to piss Tiffany off.

“Well then,” As much as she wanted to get rid of Jessica right away, Tiffany chose to retreat and let the suspicious blonde off again.

Chances are everywhere. She believes she is able to eliminate Jessica ultimately… as long as the girl remains in Aurales.

“I’m going over to the training grounds. Don’t bother to look for me.”

“Okay.” Yuri answered without a second thought. She only wished Tiffany could leave her room now and leave Jessica alone.

If only Yuri knew how hurtful her answer was in Tiffany’s eyes.

Jessica Jung… Tiffany stole one last glance at the blonde and thought to herself. I will get you one day no matter what.

*

Sooyoung was sitting on the bed, staring blankly at her empty ward while waiting for her partner to return. Yoona left minutes ago after she told her she was hungry and since then, she never moved from her position.

“Kim Hyoyeon…” Now that her surrounding had quieted down, Sooyoung couldn’t stop thinking about her encounter with that Kim Hyoyeon. The duration might not be long, but it had indeed brought a strong impact upon Sooyoung.

Sooyoung touched her lips with the tips of her fingers.

She couldn’t remember what happened exactly and what happened right after she was traumatized (according to Tiffany and Yoona). She only remembered the moment where Hyoyeon pressed her lips against hers. Sooyoung found it difficult to forget that particular scene and worst still, she didn’t find herself as upset as how she thought she would be.

“Ahhhhh!” Sooyoung ruffled her head in frustration and buried her face into the blanket which was covering her lap.

Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Why is she even thinking about that meaningless kiss when she should be concern about the fact that she actually found someone from Satron? And this someone isn’t just anyone! She is the daughter of the Satron’s leader, Kim Hyoyeon!

“Sooyoung, are you alright?”

“EH?!!” Sooyoung jumped up in surprise upon hearing her partner’s voice. She turned towards the direction of the entrance, only to find Yoona had returned with a bag of food in her hand. “Food!!” Her eyes glistened with unknown sparkles. “Quick! Quick! Quick! I’m famishing!” Anything in regards to Kim Hyoyeon was forgotten immediately.

Yoona raised an eyebrow at her food-deprived partner. She thought Sooyoung was acting really strangely when she came in. But nevertheless, she shrugged off her suspicious and made her way towards Sooyoung.

A plastic container containing orange-red liquid with visible noodles lying at the bottom was revealed as Yoona removed it from the bag. She opened up its cover and placed it on the bed desk carefully.

“Spicy ramyum, as requested.” Judging from her situation, it should be more appropriate if Sooyoung had a plainer meal, but the doctor who came for the checkup said Sooyoung was as strong as a bull now. She could even return to their dormitory right away––But of course, in reality, he still have to keep Sooyoung in the infirmary to make sure that Sooyoung was really alright.

Sooyoung looked at Yoona with watery eyes. Her hands had unknowingly clamped together as she complimented her partner, “YOU’RE THE BEST YOONA!” It might sound exaggerating, but Yoona knew more than anyone that her partner was really thankful for the food.

“Sooyoung, what happened to you exactly?” Yoona asked, while watching her partner stuffed the spicy noodles into . “Who did you see?” Yuri mentioned that Sooyoung was chasing after a suspicious person before she found her traumatized in the middle of the woods. There was absolutely no way for Sooyoung to land in that state for no reason. It must be the person who she saw that made her became like this.

Sooyoung swore she almost choked on the noodles when she heard Yoona’s question.

AHHHHHHHH!

She screamed to herself inwardly. Just when she thought she had finally forgotten about that shorty ert, her partner just had to remind her!

“Sooyoung?” Yoona called her partner with worries. She had never seen her partner acting like this all her life, not even when she was intimidated by Tiffany.

Sooyoung replied with a rapid fire speed, “I MET NO ONE!” And quickly buried her face into the bowl of ramyum after finishing her sentence.

What?

Yoona frowned at her oblivious partner.

Sooyoung’s reaction was proving the opposite point of her clarification obviously. But why wasn’t she admitting it?

“But you were traumatized.”

“I…” Sooyoung paused for a second, thinking of what excuse to say. “I DON’T REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED!” She buried her face into the bowl even deeper.

Heck! She will never forget that Kim Hyoyeon  her!

Kim–Hyo–Yeon! Ugh!

Now, that was strange. Yoona folded her arms and leaned against the backrest. Not that she was suspecting Sooyoung, Sooyoung was too real to be suspicious. But she was definitely hiding something from her now and that something, Yoona suspected it had got to be with the person who she chased after.

Perhaps that person was someone they knew? But who? A hunter? Or someone else?