Chapter 022

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Twenty-Two

Tiffany was spending her time away at a café now.

Right after the trio entered the city, Yoona abandoned her most-time favorite unnie and ran off with Sooyoung to hunt for foods. Knowing the shikshins’ habit, Tiffany rather relaxed herself than to search and followed them around.

It would be only a waste of her energy since their hunts only stopped until their stomachs satisfied.

Tiffany took at sip from her latte and leaned against the back of the chair comfortably.

Before days turned peaceful like how it was at the moment, she and Yuri were always running about – from city to town… town to city… Mutants just never stopped appearing. It made her curious however, the purpose of mutating humans into mutants. At first she thought it was to control the world, but as the hunters started to kill the mutants one by one, Tiffany questioned herself again.

How are they going to control the world when almost all the mutated humans are killed by them the moment they appeared?

There must be something more to it.

Either Satron has the answer to it, or the person… who is slowly approaching her from the back knows.

The corner of Tiffany’s mouth mysteriously curved upwards as she took another sip from her latte again.

Taeyeon might have or might not have noticed it, the very light peppermint scent emitted from her body… she could smell it. It was there since the first time they met, only that Tiffany failed to notice due to the charm spell casted on her.

After the two encounters with Taeyeon – one in the city and one at her house – Tiffany knew the weird peppermint scent she smelled after killing the mutant with Yuri the other day belonged to this kiddy-looking petite girl.

And she was certain Taeyeon’s gift to her was in her own hands too.

“Guess who me?”

Tiffany beamed at Taeyeon’s silly actions. Though she knew Taeyeon was not a normal person, she still couldn’t help feeling happy, or rather, excited whenever Taeyeon appeared.

Just who is Taeyeon to her?

Tiffany pulled the pair of hands covering her eyes down to her chest’s level. She tilted her head upwards to look at the petite girl. “Hi Taeyeon.” This wasn’t even a guessing game when she already knew she was there from the beginning.

“Fate brought us together again.” Taeyeon grinned at her. She leaned down and planted a light kiss on Tiffany’s lips. “I miss you, Tiffany.” She rested her forehead against Tiffany’s. Their lips never broke contact.

Tiffany chuckled. She pushed Taeyeon’s head away playfully. “You are still as mushy as ever.”

Taeyeon pouted and looked at Tiffany innocently.

Tiffany laughed and pinched her cheek. “Don’t look at me like that. You know I can’t resist it.”

“How should I look then?” Taeyeon asked. “Maybe like this?” She threw her a seductive wink.

Tiffany scoffed, rolling her eyes at Taeyeon.

“Come on, take a seat.” Tiffany said while pulling the chair on the other side closer to her. She looked at Taeyeon, “Don’t stand around.”

The petite girl immediately pulled out the chair and sat down. She asked casually, “Haven’t seen you for a few days, what have you been doing?” A waiter walked pass their table, Taeyeon got his attention and ordered a cup of cappuccino from him.

Tiffany pretended to ponder seriously, “Sleeping… eating… playing?”

“What about me?” A puppyish expression was revealed on Taeyeon’s face. “I have been thinking a lot about you since you left the other day. Don’t you ever think about me?” Taeyeon wasn’t lying. In fact, Tiffany never left her mind ever since the day she found out the girl – who was buried deep in her memory – had returned to this world.

She thought everything already ended since God remembered how many years ago? She never thought she would see Tiffany again, though she wasn’t the exact person who she used to know, Taeyeon knew Tiffany is still her.

She is that same her who she used to love more than anything else.

And also, the very same her who allowed her understood the meaning of hatred and betrayal.

Tiffany poked the bloated cheek playfully, and replied, “Make a guess.”

“I think you think of me every single day.” Taeyeon smirked, taking the hand on her cheek and gently intertwined with hers.

“That… is rather a shameless thought.”

“It will be shameless if you deny it…” The cheeky hand of hers wandered towards Tiffany’s chest.

Tiffany caught it without difficulty, she leaned forward and knocked Taeyeon’s forehead away with her forehead. “You and your shameless hand, we’re in the public now.”

“So you meant to say I can do it if we’re at home?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Taeyeon. This kiddy girl sure loved to take advantage of her whenever she could.

Taeyeon’s cappuccino came shortly after. The two had no choice but to let go of each other’s hands. Tiffany rested her chin on her palm, watching Taeyeon who was sipping her cappuccino carefully like a kid. When she saw the white foam covering on top part of the petite girl’s lips, forming into a white moustache, she chuckled quietly and passed a napkin to her.

Taeyeon looked at her curiously.

Tiffany pointed at her lips.

Taeyeon blinked her eyes twice. She stuck out her tongue and off part of the foams near the corner of her lips. Realizing what Tiffany hinted was true, she arched forward and closing the distance between their faces and pursed her lips.

“What?” Tiffany laughed, nudging Taeyeon’s head gently.

Taeyeon said with an innocent voice, “Wipe it off for me.” But her expression showed otherwise.

Tiffany giggled lightly and allowed her arms wrapped around Taeyeon’s neck. She drew her body closer towards the petite girl, forehead against forehead, eyes staring straight into the pair of intimate gaze that was seducing her.

She would not deny she had a thing for Taeyeon, though the feeling was still unclear to her, she knew Taeyeon attracted her physically, and mentally, in some kinds of way that had yet to discover. There was always a voice inside of her telling her that there was no way she could resist Taeyeon, and she really couldn’t.

Kim Taeyeon… Nowadays, whenever she repeated this name, she sensed a familiarity in it.

Who are you exactly?

Tiffany closed her eyes and let her other senses controlled her. She felt Taeyeon’s breath under her nose. It felt warm, sweet, lovely and familiar at the same time. She felt like she had done this many times despite they only shared two kisses before. She leaned closer as she allowed to open till a certain small extent. Her tongue slid out smoothly like a snake, and even without opening her eyes, it was able to reach the milky foam right above the tasty lip accurately.

Then, she them off. But before she was able to retreat, something captured the little tongue of hers and she felt a similar soft and wetness object entangling with her tongue.

A grin spread across Tiffany’s face, as she knew that it was that kiddy looking ert who couldn’t control her hormones again. She tightened her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and pulled the girl closer to her.

She wants to enjoy this kiss to its fullest. She needs to know why she is feeling this way towards Taeyeon––

“Unnie!”

A loud familiar voice boomed throughout the café and interrupted their kisses. Tiffany and Taeyeon pulled away from each other out of reflex, only to find a doe-eyed girl standing at a certain distance away from their table.

Yoona glared at Tiffany in disbelief. A mixture of shock and anger was emitting within her. She couldn’t believe what she had just seen. Tiffany was kissing another stranger right before her very own eyes… and it wasn’t a simple Hi-Bye kiss, but an intimate and passionate tongue-fighting kiss.

How can she do that when she has Yuri?

“Yoona,” The smile on Tiffany’s face vanished in an instant. She wasn’t expecting anyone to see her with Taeyeon – she already had her own plan laid out and she didn’t want anybody to ruin it.

“What are you doing here?” She questioned Yoona with the sternest look she was able to put up with.

She couldn’t afford to have Taeyeon suspected anything too.

“How could you!” Yoona cried out. She threw the foods she wanted to share with Tiffany away and stomped towards them. “What about Yuri unnie? You are betraying her!”

Yuri?

Taeyeon turned to that doe-eyed hunter. If she hadn’t remembered wrongly, Yuri was Tiffany’s partner in Aurales.

“She is only my partner.”

“You’re lying! Everyone knew that you and Yuri unnie are in love. We don’t need words to prove them. It’s your actions which show us that!”

“Yoona,” Tiffany said with a warning tone. “For the last time I’m saying this, Yuri is only my partner. And do not interfere with my life.”

Yoona stared at her with an unbelievable hurtful face. To think that she always cared for Tiffany more than she cared for herself, never had she expected Tiffany to say such heartless words to her.

Taking one last look at Tiffany, Yoona spun around and left the café in rage.

Tiffany could only watch her dong-saeng left the café worriedly and do nothing about it. She didn’t want to be mean to Yoona, but with Taeyeon sitting right next to her now, she didn’t want to risk anything that might bring dangers Yuri or her into dangers.

The worried hunter stole a quick glance at Taeyeon. The petite girl still looked the same as before, only that she wasn’t talking and was looking outside the window now.

Somehow, she got a very bad feeling about this.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon, but I guess I need to leave now.” She said with an apologetic and regretful smile on her face.

“I shall see you around then.” Taeyeon was understandable enough to not blame her. She took Tiffany’s hand and placed a peck on the back of her hand. “I hope I didn’t mess up anything.”

“Don’t worry, that dong-saeng of mine is just trying to get my attention. We will be just fine. I’m sorry to have things ended this way.” She bent down and placed a kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek. “See you.”

Taeyeon waved her hand at Tiffany, bidding her goodbye. However, her other hand was hiding under the table, resting on her laps, and her fingers were tapping away, non-rhythmically.

Kwon Yuri… She whispered the name to herself as she took her cup and finished the cappuccino in a go. The scene she witnessed in the alley the other day flashed through her mind.

Now, who actually hugged another person on the waist?

Her eyes squinted and the poor ceramic cup in her hand instantly turned into ice before it broke into pieces due to overexerted force from her hand.

She should have known their relationship wasn’t that simple.