Chapter 090

EVERLAST: The Hunters

Chapter Ninety
 
Since Sunny was the only one who was capable of white magic, she became the only person who could help Jonghyun with his injury. Narsha and Nickhun were originally standing nearby, watching Sunny attending to Jonghyun’s wound, but Narsha couldn’t stop crying since the time they discovered Jonghyun, so Nickhun casted Sleep on her secretly and carried her back to her room.
 
When Nickhun returned to Jonghyun’s room again, Sunny was already done bandaging Jonghyun’s wound. But she was still sitting on his bed, staring at the white fabric mindlessly.
 
“How’s Jonghyun?” Worries were growing in Nickhun. Jonghyun seemed to be fine from what he was seeing now, but the stern expression on Sunny’s face was telling him another story.
 
“He should be fine.”
 
Nickhun was confused by that answer. “Should be?” That could be either positive or negative.
 
“I didn’t heal him, I merely did the bandaging.”
 
“Wha––”
 
“Jonghyun should have died even before we reach home.” Sunny averted her gaze away from Jonghyun and stared straight into Nickhun’s eyes. “But someone stopped his bleeding and save him.”
 
Nickhun was beyond shock. He couldn’t comprehend what he was hearing.
 
“I’ve examined his wound. It looks like something large had pierced through his body and the common healing skill which we all learnt when we were younger shouldn’t be able to stop the bleeding.”
 
“You mean…”
 
Sunny didn’t give Nickhun the chance to finish his sentence and nodded, “Yes, his wound had already closed up from the inside before I even attend to him. I’m only left to build the tissues on the surface.”
 
“This is crazy…” Nickhun stumbled back and rammed his back against the wall. If there was anything that could heal a wound within such a short period, it could only be white magic. But Sunny was the only capable one among the five of them. If it wasn’t her who did the healing, that means other than the five of them, there were other sorcerers… or priest living in the real world.
 
“Nickhun, do you know what I’m thinking?”
 
He turned to Sunny and saw her looking at Jonghyun’s direction with an unfocused gaze. He felt like comforting her, but he was so lost and helpless that he didn’t even have the strength to lift up his feet.
 
“Only the five of us know the situation of the Forbidden Land and the location of our base. Anyone from the outside who enters the Forbidden Land will most probably be killed by the Guardian Forces before making their way to our base, unless they know which route to go, which is highly impossible.”
 
Nickhun was going to agree with Sunny, but something struck his mind suddenly.
 
“But… we’re not the only one who knows this information.” The five of them were only the victims. And if there were victims, there would be a mastermind too.
 
“Precisely.” Sunny wasn’t going to drag this any further. “Moreover, she is the only one who can heal Jonghyun besides me. Nickhun, Taeyeon’s right. The Princess is indeed in the real world with us!”
 
*
 
“Jessica?”
 
It was early in the morning when Jessica noticed someone was outside their dormitory. She rushed to the front door immediately, only to find Victoria standing behind it.
 
“You are… Victoria?” Jessica was definitely surprised to find a hunter outside their door at this hour. “Are you looking for Yuri? She went out last night and is not back yet.”
 
Victoria flashed a smile at her, “Glad that you remember me. But I’m actually here for you.”
 
“Eh?”
 
“To be frank with you, Yuri is in the headquarters now. She came back two hours ago.”
 
“What happened to her? Is she injured?” Jessica became worried instantly. Yuri always returned to their dormitory after her patrol. Something must have gone wrong for her to be out there until now.
 
“No, no, no! Yuri’s fine! She’s not injured.” Victoria quickly explained before Jessica got the wrong idea. “It’s just that…” Victoria didn’t know how to continue. It was already very heartbreaking for Yuri. What if Jessica reacted the same way as her?
 
“What is it?” Victoria’s hesitation was seen in Jessica’s eyes. She knew obviously Victoria was hiding something from her. “Please don’t hide anything from me, Victoria! What happened?” Yuri was still fine before she went out yesterday night, she didn’t think things could go wrong after that.
 
“Calm down, Jessica!” Victoria held Jessica by her shoulders. “Yuri is really safe and sound. It’s just that… she is a little out of control now.”
 
Jessica couldn’t understand her. “What do you mean?”
 
She really had to break this news to her. Victoria released a heavy sigh and announced sadly, “Sooyoung went missing and Yoona is in a critical condition now.”
 
*
 
Everyone was trying to stop Yuri from wrecking the benches, but whoever tried to approach her would be attacked by her as well. Both Wooyoung and Junho were already suffering from small injuries on their faces and arms, but they were still trying their best to approach Yuri, only to have more injuries on them.
 
“Yuri, stop please!”
 
Wooyoung was getting fed up by Yuri’s action–– no, in fact, he already had issue with her when he learnt about Tiffany’s departure, but Sooyoung and Yoona’s incident happened too quickly that  he was being forced to deal with this before he could even confront her about it.
 
He was, however, a logical person. He understood that Yuri was upset because of her friends’ mishap, but still, that was not enough to justify her action. It only reflected her irresponsible side, like how she dealt with Tiffany back then.
 
And he despised it.
 
“Yuri, we will find Sooyoung back for you!” Junho tried to persuade Yuri as well, but they fell on deaf ears. Yuri refused to listen to them at all and even smashed the broken benches harder.
 
“Yuri!”
 
Wooyoung had had enough of Yuri and her ridiculous act. He was going to take action with Yuri when someone else beat him to it.
 
“Kwon Yuri, what are you doing!” An angered voice rang through the noisy corridors loudly. It startled everyone including Yuri, causing a halt to her action.
 
The corridor became quiet instantly. Everyone turned their heads to the source of the voice and saw a very cold-looking blonde walking towards their direction, with Victoria following closely behind.
 
This was what Jessica saw when she arrived at the infirmary with Victoria, Yuri ruining the objects around her like an insane woman. Jessica couldn’t describe the emotions that were building up within her. Anger, disappointment, speechlessness and maybe something which she didn’t want to face… Jessica had no idea which was the emotion she was having now, but she knew for sure those mentioned were definitely included.
 
Jessica started to make her way towards the frozen figure despite everyone tried to pull her back. She stopped right in front of Yuri and grabbed her arm harshly. The silent hunter was forced to face her girlfriend and Jessica finally saw the tears on her face.
 
“What are you doing?” It would be a lie if Jessica said she was not affected by those tears. But she couldn’t cry with her. She would only deepened Yuri’s depression if she cries now.
 
Yuri felt like throwing a tantrum again, but she couldn’t bear to so because it was Jessica who was talking to her. She didn’t want to hurt her. She was afraid that she might injure her like how she injured Wooyoung and Junho.
 
“Yuri, answer me.”
 
Jessica sounded unusually indifferent, and her gaze too, it was colder than ice. Yuri shivered uncontrollably when her eyes met her gaze and she had to avert somewhere else immediately because it was frightening her.
 
This was definitely her first time witnessing an angry Jessica.
 
“I said answer me!”
 
Her yell startled not only Yuri, but the people who were watching.
 
Yuri didn’t dare to defy Jessica’s instruction further, so she quickly replied, “Soo… Sooyoung …” She didn’t realize how choky her voice was until she started to speak again after so long. “Sooyoung is gone…” Her sobs were starting again when she remembered the mishaps of her friends. “Yoona… she may be gone too…” Yuri’s sobs eventually turned into loud cries and she dropped on the ground, crying out her worries.
 
It was impossible for Jessica to hold that expressionless face any longer.
 
Her Yuri is breaking down in front of her and there is absolutely nothing she can do to help!
 
Jessica had never been so helpless. She was not only helpless, but guilty too, for making Yuri cried and not being able to comfort her.
 
“Yuri…” Jessica lost to the tears eventually. She squatted down and pulled Yuri’s into her embrace. “Stop crying, Yuri… Stop crying, please…” It hurt her more than anything to witness the tears on Yuri’s face.
 
She remembered the cheerfulness she saw in that hunter during the times where they spent their days in the ward because of her injury. She was so optimistic back then, even though there were also times where she became guilty of something, never did she give up on hope, and broke down in tears.
 
But she was crying now. She was crying out all the unhappiness which had built up in her within these few months. It started with Tiffany when she decided to leave and abandon her behind. Then, before she was able to recover from it, Sooyoung went missing and Yoona was found in a critical condition.
 
It all… happened only after her arrival to this place.
 
“I’m sorry, Yuri… I’m terribly sorry…” Jessica whispered in a tone whereby only the two of them were able to hear. But Yuri was too devastated with the current situation that she failed to register her apology.
 
The corridor was left with silence out of the sudden. The onlookers were surprised at the sudden quietness and they came to realize that Yuri had passed out.
 
“Yuri!”
 
Jessica called out panicky when she felt Yuri putting all her weight on her. The hunter must have lost her conscious from the grieve she was suffering. “Someone, help please!” The helpless blonde could only turn to the people around her for assistance. She was too weak to even move Yuri away from her.
 
The weight on her body was immediately lifted as Wooyoung stepped in and carried Yuri away from the ground.
 
“Get her a ward now!” He ordered the nurses around him and those who were in charge quickly showed him the way to the nearest empty ward.
 
Unsure if Wooyoung needed help, the remaining hunters followed behind as well, leaving the wrecked place to the people who were more familiar with the place to clean the mess up.
 
“I’m sorry, Yuri.”
 
Unfortunately, the flustered hunters had forgotten the existence of one person. The forgotten person was clutching her fist with so much anger that her nails actually pierced through her skin, causing blood to seep through the gaps between her fingers and dripped to the ground.