Chapter 3

The First Vamp-Dol

 

I jumped on my bed, exhausted. Today was such a big day. I shot the music video and jacket photos today. I took a nice long bath. After I was done, I stared at my reflection and my new blonde hair. They had dyed it before the shooting. And they trimmed a little off. They said they would keep it blonde for the early promotions and then dye it back to black later. But I didn't mind. Any color could work.

I dried my hair and lied in my bed and grabbed a book. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my apartment door. I got up and opened it.

It was Hoya. He walked passed me, into my apartment and shut the door.

“What are you--”

He cut me off and pinned me to the door. “Yah...what did you do to me?”

I glared at him. In one swift, quick movement, he was now pinned to the wall.

“I would advise you to not use violence on a vampire. We're very aggressive.” I told him.

“Tell me what you did to me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I can't stop thinking about you. I feel like I always have to be with you. Ever since that moment you...drank from me, I've been wanting for you to do it again.” he explained.

“That's what mating is,” I said simply.

“And I have desires that I've never had before...” he muttered and looked away.

I smirked. “We have that affect on people.”

He stared at me. “I have loads of questions.”

“Well then I have loads of answers.”

 

“What exactly means mating?”

“It means we have a close bond now. Whenever you and I are in danger, the other will know. No other blood will be as satisfying to me than yours. Well an exception to my creator. But I wouldn't know. I've never tasted his before.”

“Who's your creator?”

“I don't know. It was dark...and...yeah.”

“So does this mean we're in love or something?”

“Not necessarily. But it could happen.”

He nodded. “How do vampires change humans?”

“ from their wrist and neck and let the venom spread.”

“So, I'm not gonna change right?”

I shook my head. “No. I just from your neck yesterday. And I closed the wound so the venom wouldn't spread.”

“Is there anything else I should know about?”

“Our senses are sharper than humans and we have cat-like reflexes. Our age is about double the average human. So yes, we can die of old-age. But that's rare. Vampires get pretty violent as they get older.”

“How can you go in the sunlight?” he asked.

I stared at him. “Twilight's a bunch of bull.”

He nodded. “So do you sleep?”

“Yeah, but only if we feel like it. Most vampires don't. We can go through our whole life without sleep. But I still do. It makes me feel...human again.” I looked down.

“Can vampires drink other vampires blood? This is the last question I swear!”

I nodded. “Vampire blood is more healthy for us, but it doesn't taste as good unless you've mated with them. It's hard to find another vampire willing to mate to another vampire. We all would rather have human blood.”

He nodded and sat back in the chair.

An awkward silence took over.

 

“Kaja!” he suddenly said.

I raised an eyebrow.

“I'm hungry.” he said.

“Then go eat.”

“It's sad eating alone.” he told me simply.

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want to eat?” I asked getting up and walking to the kitchen.

“Y-you have food here?” he asked, following me.

I nodded.

“Can you eat it?”

I nodded again. “But it tastes absolutely horrible. I only cook on occasion. It makes me feel...human again.” Deja vu...

“You don't like your new life don't you?” he asked quietly.

“It's not that I don't like it, I just miss being human.”

“You're human to me.” he said seriously.

I looked into his eyes and smiled. This is the second time he's made me smile. This boy is really something.

“Is fried rice, okay?” I asked taking out the pan and spatula.

“Anything is okay.”

 

I handed him the plate and I watched him devour the food.

“Whoa...slow down there.” I said.

“This is so yummy! Where'd you learn to cook like this?”

My eyes began to water as I thought about my family.

“Oh . Did I say something wrong?”

I shook my head. “My mom taught me.”

The look he gave me asked the question, 'What happened to your family?'

“They got killed by my creator before he got to me.” I explained.

“Oh god. I'm sorry.”

I shook my head. “It's not your fault.”

“Who is this creator of yours? If I meet him, I'll be sure to kill him.”

“Good luck trying to kill a vampire.”

 

“Hey...you seem more calm around me today.” he noticed. “Yesterday, you were all over me.” he joked.

“I've gotten used to your smell now that we've mated.” I said.

“Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, so how do I taste?” he smirked.

I chuckled at his cheekiness. “Like AB.”

“You know, you should smile more. You look beautiful doing it.”

 

The next day was Star Dance Battle recording. I was nervous at first because the odds of someone in the crowd being AB was probably high. But it would have to happen sooner or later since I am going to become an idol. But now that I've mated with Hoya, that didn't bother me anymore.

I put on the costume that the cordi unnie gave me and I walked out of the room. Hoya was leaning on the wall waiting for me. He turned his head and saw me. His eyes widened as he looked at me up and down.

The dress was red and tight fitting, showing off my curves. I guess he'd never seen my body before. All of those times he's seen me, I was just wearing a hoodie and jeans.

“Whoa~” he said.

“Hoya-sshi! You're up in 5!” The staff said.

He nodded. “I'm going to go use the bathroom first. I'll be right back.” he said and headed for the bathroom.

I fiddled with my fingers. I could smell him coming near me. Well...that was fast.

I turned around, expecting to see him but it was someone else.

He was tall, had a baby face and smelled like Hoya...but better. My mouth started to water as I stared at him and he stared at me back. He gave me a small smile. "Annyeonghaseyo." he said.

Just then Hoya came back. “Oh! Hyungshik sunbae! Annyeonghaseyo!” he bowed.

“Didn't I tell you to just call me Hyungshik? We're friends, aren't we?” Hyungshik said.

Hoya nodded. “This is my dance partner, Joo Eun.”

I bowed. He bowed in return. His smell became stronger. Why am I being like this? I've mated with Hoya already...

“Hyungshik-ah! Come on! You need to get touch-ups!” a loud voice called. [a/n hahaha kwanghee~]

“I have to go. It's nice seeing you Hoya. And nice meeting you too Joo Eun-sshi.” he gave me a grin before leaving.

 

I let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding.

“Are you okay?” Hoya asked me.

I nodded.

“Are you thirsty?”

“A little...”

He started to loosen his tie. I stopped him.

“It's okay. I'll be fine.”

He didn't look convinced but he stopped anyways. The staff waved us over to go on stage. We went to the stage and stood in the middle. The music started and we both danced in sync. I could hear the whispers people were saying.

“Wah~so graceful.”

“They look good together.”

“That ...Hoya oppa is mine.”

I ignored it and concentrated on the dancing. Even though we had practiced it for only an hour in the practice room yesterday after he ate, we had it down perfectly. After the dance was over I went to our dressing room and waited for Hoya to come back after the results were announced. I heard footsteps and smelled him as he made his way down the hallway.

But my senses failed me again as I saw Hyungshik walk into the room instead of Hoya.

 

==============

i tried to clear up as many questions that you might have in this chapter. if you have more just ask. I'll answer them for you. :D

comment please<333