Chapter 18

The First Vamp-Dol

 

After a long, and painful phone conversation with Sunggyu, he finally agreed to tell the manager that Hoya was sick and couldn't make it to the schedule tomorrow. I stayed with Hoya all night, but I had to leave really early in the morning for a campaign and radio recording.

When I got back to the clinic, Hoya was up watching TV.

“Hey baby!” he said and opened his arms as I ran to him and hugged him.

“Did I do anything reckless yesterday?”

“Yeah! Oh my god. You bit 2 nurses.”

“Oh . Seriously? Should I go apologize?” he asked.

I laughed at his serious expression.

“YAH! Stop laughing.”

“I was kidding. You didn't do anything.”

“Don't scare me like that!”

“Mianhe...” I said and kissed him. Just before he was going to deepen the kiss, a voice interrupted us.

 

“Hoya! Hoya! Hoya! Your favorite dongsaeng has just arr—oh! Was I interrupting something?”

Hoya sighed. “Yes. Yes, Sungjong. You were.”

He shrugged. “Oh well, the mood is probably ruined so no point in leaving now.”

I chuckled at his cheekiness. Soon the rest of Infinite piled into the room.

“What are you guys doing here?!” Hoya asked.

“Why? We can't visit our member?” Myungsoo asked, snatching the remote and changing the channel.

“No. You guys are going to cause noise pollution and get yourselves killed.”

“Who would hurt us here? Definitely not the pretty nurse noona's.” Sungyeol said.

Hoya scoffed. “Playboy...”

 

Hyungshik soon walked in the room.

“What are you doing here?” Sunggyu asked. Infinite all stood up, getting ready to think of excuses.

“It's okay guys. Hyungshik knows.” I told them.

They all relaxed. They probably didn't know Hyungshik was a vampire either but that's not my secret to tell.

“Why are you here?” Hoya asked Hyungshik.

“Why shouldn't I be?”

“Don't answer my question with a question!”

“Just in case you--”

“I'm not going to hurt Joo Eun. Especially during the day time. So you can leave and come back later if you--”

“Hoya!” I gave him a look.

Infinite gave Hoya and Hyungshik questioning looks back and forth. They probably felt clueless.

Hyungshik smirked while Hoya rolled his eyes and focused his attention to the TV. When he saw a drama on, he quickly look the remote from Myungsoo and changed it.

“Hey!”

 

Soon Doctor Choi came into the room. Her eyes widened at all the bodies in the room. We stood up and bowed to her.

“Hello Hoya-sshi. How are you feeling?” she asked.

“Normal.” he answered.

“So how is he?” I asked.

“Well we figured out what's wrong. It's the normal misvenom syndrome. But his seems more serious. There is an antibiotic that can cure this, but I'm afraid it won't work on him.”

My heart dropped and I took Hoya's hand.

“So...does this mean I'm like this forever?” Hoya asked.

She shook her head. “Not necessarily. There is another alternative. But I'm afraid that it's pretty risky.”

I looked at Hoya. He had the same expression on his face that I had; scared. I looked at everyone's faces as well. They too looked scared for their member.

 

He squeezed my hand.

“Right before he changes, we can inject a needle in his venom gland that is located under the chin and draw all the venom in his system.”

“What's so risky about that?” Hoya asked.

“You see, that gland is very sensitive. One bad poke can release the venom through your body at once, causing you to have a seizure and eventually die.”

My eyes started to water as that image popped into my head.

“Let's do it.” Hoya said.

We all looked at him, shocked.

“Hoya, let's talk about this first.” Sunggyu said.

“No, I'm going to talk about anything. I don't want to risk hurting you again, Joo Eun. I'd rather die then do that. Doc, I'm going to do it.”

Doctor Choi nodded.

 

“Do your parents know about this?” she asked him, writing a few things on her clipboard.

Hoya bit his lip.

“You haven't told them?!” I asked.

He shook his head. I sighed.

“Doctor, can you please not contact my parents yet? I'm not ready to tell them.”

“You're lucky our government doesn't require it.” she said.

Hoya sighed in relief.

“Oh and one more thing. Since your venom gland will be drained, you won't be able to mate after this.”

Hoya and I turned our heads abruptly to look at her.

That's when I started to cry.

 

===============

so....i planned on taking a 'short' nap today. but turns out that that nap wasn't so short after all....hahaha. so it is the reason for this short and y update! :(

if you haven't already seen my little message in the comments... well....

WOO HOOOOOO! 100 SUBSCRIBERS! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING AND COMMENTING! I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLYY!!!