Chapter 27

The First Vamp-Dol

 

A tear went down my cheek as I stood in front of his tomb. His funeral was today. They never really found his body, so the coffin was empty except for his beloved things. I mourned. Friends mourned. The members mourned. The fan mourned.

The word had got out that he was a vampire. Since mine and Hoya's absence was at the same time as Hyungshik's, some fans blamed us. The word had got out that Hoya was a vampire too, causing parents to go even more crazy. Investigations took place for every idol. Now idols were confessing left and right that they were vampires. Who knew they could keep that type of secrets for that long. Now we know why those certain idols are so 'perfect'.

'Goo Hara, vampire confession.'

'SNSD's Yuri is a vampire?'

'2PM's Nichkhun vampire story revealed.'

'Cho Kyuhyun shocks fans with yet another vampire confession.'

Looks like I wasn't alone the whole time.

 

Hoya and I were glued to the TV as we waited for the news anchor to say something about the vampire idol issue.

Once we read the title, 'Vampire Idols', our ears became alert.

“The recent sudden confessions of vampire idols have been a hot topic. We just got an update from the Board of Minors of South Korea. They stated that vampires will no longer be able to be in the music industry. The reason is because of the unfairness to those idols who aren't a vampire and don't have the abilities vampires have. Parents are very happy with this decision because their children won't be harmed by vampire influence. But some fans are heartbroken because they will no longer be able to listen to their favorite idols. The new law will come into play in a month. Also, the South Korean legislature is closely debating for vampire rights again, so stay tuned.”

 

Hoya and I looked at eachother.

“WHAT THE HELL?!?!” he screamed.

“Yah yah...keep it down. I'm trying to study.” Dongwoo said.

“Dongwoo...this is serious. I'm not apart of the group anymore.” Hoya said. “But I kinda saw it coming...”

Woohyun and Sunggyu poked their heads out from the kitchen. “What?!” they said at the same time.

“The Board of Minors aren't allowing vampire idols anymore.” I told them, feeling my eyes watering. I can't live my dream just because I'm a vampire? Isn't that violating 'every man is created equal'?

Everyone started to come out of their rooms and pat me and Hoya on the back as he ran is fingers through his hair.

“But...the fans.” Sungjong whispered, as his bottom lip trembled a bit.

 

Sungyeol was the first to cry as he hugged Hoya.

“Andwae. You can't leave. Who will be our dancing machine?” he sobbed.

Woohyun cleared his throat. We all glared at him as he looked away awkwardly.

“We couldn't even do our collaboration.” I said quietly. I was really looking forward to it.

“Hey, didn't they say that the law comes into play in a month? We can perform our collaboration for a month. Also, how about we do one last album with Hoya for the Inspirits? And have Joo Eun and him sing a duet?” Myungsoo suggested.

“Myungsoo, you're a genius.” Sunggyu said, staring at him.

“Tell me something I don't know.” he said with a smug smile on his face.

“You talk in your sleep.” Dongwoo said.

 

After talking with our boss, he also thought it was a good idea. He made arrangements and we'd be recording tomorrow. Once we went into the recording studio, I realized that this would be the last time I would ever step into one again. Well I'm glad that it gets to be with Hoya. As Hoya and I sang our duet, we held hands and put our hearts into the song. It would be our last after all.

I sat in a chair as I watched Infinite record their last songs together. It definitely wouldn't be the same without Hoya.

Throughout the whole month, our song couldn't go on the charts or win, but we were able to perform with loud fans cheering us on. Same goes with any other bands that had a vampire member in it. It seems they were doing the same thing we had done; had one last comeback. They ruined so many dreams with this new law.

ZE:A came to support us for every performance as well. Even though I barely knew them, they knew how much I meant to Hyungshik.

 

The day we dreaded had come. It was the day of our the last performance.

Hoya noticed my anti-social mood. He wrapped his arm around me. Infinite soon followed his action and it ended up being a big group hug.

“It's okay. This might be the last performance, but it definitely won't be the end.” Sungyeol said.

“Yeah, it won't. We're all here because of music. Doesn't matter if your on a stage or not. As long as the music is in your heart, that's all that counts.” Sunggyu added.

I nodded.

The staff called us to go to the stage. We pulled apart.

“Woo! Let's go!” Dongwoo yelled and clapped trying to brighten the mood. They all piled out of the room. Hoya and I looked at each other before he took my hand and we made our way to share our last moment of spotlight.

 

============

next chapter will be the last! :/