Chapter 21

The First Vamp-Dol

 

What?! No. I'm not. I've worked hard for my debut and I'm not going to quit.”

“I know. I don't want you to quit either. We'll find a way around this.”

Of course he didn't want me to quit. I've been the number one company money maker since I debuted.

“I'll get back to you when I talk to the parent's lawyers about this. For now, we're postponing your collaboration with Infinite.”

I nodded and left.

I sighed and made my way to the clinic. Why are they blaming me for their children's decision? I know I'm an idol, but I didn't go their house and make them change to a vampire. It was their decision and the parents should be held responsible, not me. It was really pissing me off.

 

As soon as I got into the clinic, I went over to Hoya's room. I saw Infinite standing around the door.

“What's going on?” I asked.

“The operation still isn't done.” Sunggyu nervously said.

I started to pace.

Myungsoo stopped me. “You're making me even more nervous.”

“Sorry...” I whispered.

Just then Doctor Choi came out. We all ran up to her.

“So how is he?”

“Is he gonna be okay?”

“Did everything turn out right?”

“Can we see him?”

She put her hands up to stop us.

“The operation went smoothly. He's fine. He should wake up in an hour or so. Since he's a newborn, he heals extremely fast. You can go see him.”

I sighed in relief. We all bowed to her and quickly ran inside. He was sound asleep in the bed with a bandage on his chin. I grabbed his hand and smiled at him.

 

Hoya woke up sooner then we had expected. After 30 minutes, his eyes started to flutter. He looked around before looking at me. He smiled.

“Hi, baby.” he said weakly.

I threw my arms around him.

“Oof.” he said, shocked at the sudden hug.

“Oh my god. I'm so glad you're okay.”

“Why are you crying?” he asked me, wiping my tears.

I didn't even know that I was crying.

“Tears of joy.” I sat back and wiped my tears.

“Hey man! How are you feeling?” Dongwoo asked Hoya.

“My throat kind of hurts, but I'll be fine.” he answered.

 

Sungjong the TV. It was the news.

“Woollim Entertainment is being sued by hundreds of parents. They blame the new rookie vampire singer, Jade, for their child's decision for being a vampire. Her activities have been postponed for the time being.” the news anchor said.

“What?!” Hoya yelled, looking at me.

I bit my lip.

“The government has been debating for vampire rights for awhile now. And this has not helped their decision. Stay tuned for further updates.” she said before a commercial came on.

“When did this happen?” Woohyun asked.

“I just found out on my way here.” I told them.

“Parents these days...blaming everyone but themselves. How do they know if their child hates their life and wanted to be a vampire?” Hoya said.

“Does that mean our collaboration is postponed?” Sungjong asked.

I nodded. “Mianhe...”

“It's definitely not your fault Joo Eun. Don't apologize.” Sunggyu patted my back.

 

“We shouldn't be sitting around sulking. Let's go out and celebrate Hoya's fast recovery!” Sungyeol suggested.

I smiled. “That sounds like a great idea.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“We have a radio show tomorrow morning.” Sunggyu said.

“Hyung, loosen up. When was the last time you went out and had fun?” Dongwoo asked, massaging his shoulders.

“I guess it's been awhile...”

“After the doctor checks Hoya out, then let's go!” Woohyun tugged on Sunggyu arm, and did his fail aegyo.

Their leader sighed. “Alright, alright. But not too late!”

 

We spent hours fooling around in a karaoke place nearby. Everyone got hungry and so we decided to find a restaurant. Hoya and I were in the back walking hand in hand. We weren't really that interested in which restaurant. We wouldn't eat anyways.

“You know, since you and Hoya hyung are going to get married, you should know a little something about him.” Sungjong said, as he walked beside me.

Hoya gave him a look.

“What is it?”

“First of all, he snores. Loudly. Second of all, he spends like days in the shower and takes all of the hot water nonetheless. And oh, don't get me started on his morning breath.”

“LEE SUNGJONG.” Hoya yelled.

Sungjong quickly kissed my cheek and ran away. Hoya chased after him. But he quickly caught him and put him in a head lock.

“Embarrassing me in front of my girlfriend?”

I chuckled. Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around me from the back. I looked down at the arms. They were wearing all black. Once I looked up, I was already far from Infinite. They were like little ants. It happened so quickly I couldn't even think. All I knew was that it was definitely a vampire pulling me away. No human could move that fast.

“Hoya!” I finally screamed. But he was already out of sight and then everything turned black.

 

============

seriously...don't you just love cliffhangers? ;)