Chapter 15

The First Vamp-Dol

 

The day finally came and I walked into the practice room. We had recorded the song yesterday, but recorded it separately due to our schedules. So this would be the first time seeing Hoya in weeks.

I looked around and saw everyone warming up.

“Joo Eunnie!” Sungyeol yelled and waved.

I waved back and put my bag down. Hoya just stared at me with a normal expression. I walked to a spot on the floor and started stretching. Hoya walked over to me and crouched down.

“I need to talk to you, soon.” he said. His eyes looked desperate.

“About what? About how awesome your last girl was?”

“No, Joo Eun...this is serious. I need to talk to you before it's too late...please...” his voice was soft, like how it was before he was changed. His voice now and his voice the last time I saw him were totally different.

“Okay then. After practice.”

“Depends on when practice ends...” he said, and got up.

I tilted my head.

Something's not right...

 

We practiced the dance and Hoya and I got it on the first try. Everyone was panting hard while we weren't breaking a sweat.

“Yah...you...guys are...so lucky...” Woohyun said, in between pants. I knew he was making a joke but being a vampire wasn't lucky. It could never be lucky.

“Hyung, what time is it?” Sungjong asked Sunggyu.

“Almost 6.” he answered. Hoya sped over to me and pulled on my wrist.

“Outside. Now.” he ordered.

“Uh. Okay?” I followed him to the door and outside.

The sun was almost down.

“I'm sorry for everything I said. I didn't mean to say any of it I promise.” he looked at me.

“Like I haven't heard that before...” I crossed my arms.

“I'm serious! I didn't mean to say it. Joo Eun...there's something wrong with me.”

I looked at him. There wasn't a hint of laughter or amusement. He was serious.

“What do you mean?”

“I don't know. Once the sun goes down, I feel different. I always feel so thirsty. I just thought it was a phase vampires go through but it turned serious because I hurt you. That was one thing I promised myself I would never do.”

I looked down. “Yeah...you did.”

He grabbed my face. “You know I love you. I'm sorry if I hurt you. But I can't control it. Help me. I don't want to hurt you ever again. It's unpredictable. I don't know what I'm going to do next.” he looked scared.

 

I tried to think of a solution. I've never heard of this before. A part of me was relieved that he still loved me and a part of me was scared for him. Then I thought of the night he was changed. My venom wasn't the only one in his body right now. I thought about the freerunner.

“Did you say when the sun goes down you feel different?”

He nodded.

“When do you feel normal again?”

“Right when it comes back up.”

“Damnit...” I cursed and rubbed my face with my hands.

“What? What is it?” he asked frantically.

“You have the venom of a freerunner in you. Since he helped you change, you act like him too. But I don't get why it has to be when the sun is down.” I don't know what I'm saying. We're vampires. Seriously...anything is possible.

He ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“Why didn't you tell me?” I asked him quietly.

“I wasn't ready yet. I was still trying to figure things out. And I hoped it would stop, but it never did. I was going to tell you that one night, but it took over me.”

“Did you really have with all those girls?”

“Yeah...but it wasn't me. It was that monster inside me.” he walked closer to me.

He touched my cheek and kissed me. I missed those lips so much.

“Is there a way to cure me?” he whispered against my lips.

“I don't know, but I'm going to help you find one.” and I closed the gap between us again.

Then I thought about Hyungshik.

“I'm sorry, for cheating on you with Hyungshik.” I said. I knew sorry wouldn't take back what I did, but there was nothing else I could do at that point.

“Honestly...I don't blame you.”

 

We both looked into the sky, the sun was completely down now.

It was silent between us.

I looked at him as his eyes were slowly changing to a deep shade of red.

I pinned him to the wall before he could speed off.

“Move.” he growled.

“No.”

He was stronger than me but I put up a big fight.

How am I going to do this?!

 

=============

tired from spazzing....need sleep.... *passed out* ;)

but seriously, i can't stop listening to ze:a's new songs. they're so good. they should've promoted with be my girl or again..