Chapter 26

The First Vamp-Dol

 

The next day we started to come up with a plan to leave his place.

“How about...we jump from the window?” Hoya suggested.

“The windows are barred.” I told him.

“Shhh, don't talk to loud. They can probably hear us. The next time the guy opens the door we charge for it and run. That's the only alternative we have. I know where the entrance is. I wasn't unconscious when they brought me here. And there are only 2 guards at the main door. But they look like they hate their lives. So I'm sure we can fly by them quickly.” Hyungshik whispered.

We all nodded.

“What do we do once we get out of here?” I asked.

“We'll figure that out, once we're out...”

“But what if the guy never opens the door again?” Hoya asked this time.

We all exchanged glances.

 

As if our prayers had been answered, the door opened and the guy gestured all of us to come with him. We all stood up and followed behind him.

Hyungshik nodded at the both of us. We got the message.

While we were going down the large hallway, Hyungshik pointed to another hallway. I suppose it was the way to the exit.

“1...2...3!” he counted and we all sped that direction. Hyungshik was in front of us so we followed closely behind. HOW BIG IS THIS ING HOUSE?!

We sped down the large flight of stairs. I almost tripped in the process but I managed to regain my balance. Right when I saw the large doors leading outside, I smiled. Well...that was easier than I thought.

 

Suddenly, two vampires pinned Hyungshik to the ground since he was the one in front. Hoya and I came to a stop. Hyungshik tried to fight them to come to us. We quickly sped over to help him. Hoya easily knocked out one the of them but the other had a good grip on Hyungshik's neck. 3 more vampire guards came out of no where. All of our fangs were out as we hissed at each other.

Someone held me so I couldn't move. I turned my head and I saw yet another vampire guard.

“I don't hit girls.” he whispered in my ear. I shivered.

Hoya and Hyungshik were all fighting the guards. Hyungshik was the one that noticed me first.

“Hoya! Get Joo Eun!” he screamed. Hoya turned to me and his nostrils flared. He charged for the guard behind me and he was knocked out.

“Guys go! I'll meet up with you outside!” Hyungshik yelled, punching another guard.

Hoya took my hand and we ran to the exit.

“We can't leave him!” I told Hoya.

“I'm not risking your life, Joo Eun.” he said sternly.

The two guards at the door didn't move. One opened the door for us and winked. Hoya and I exchanged glances. I guess they really do hate their lives.

“Ssank you.” Hoya said in English.

 

We ran out the door and I could feel the sunlight on my skin. It's been awhile since I've felt that way. I turned around to look in the house and Hyungshik was pinned to the ground by four guards and the fifth guard had his sword raised.

“HYUNGSHIK!” I screamed.

Hyungshik turned his head to look at me. "I love you." he mouthed.

Hoya finally turned around and saw what was happening. “Oh !” he said and started to run to help him but it was too late. The sword pierced Hyungshik's heart. I could hear his agonizing scream. It was the most painful thing to hear.

Hoya stopped in shock.

“NO!!!” I fell to my knees as the tears fell down my cheeks one by one. It felt as if the other part of me was gone because it's his venom that's running through my veins.

 

The guards started to come after us. Hoya quickly grabbed my hand and we ran. We looked back and the doors to the house were closed. We got to make sure we thank those door guards one day. We looked at the house and our eyes widened. It was the biggest housemansion we had ever seen. Once we knew we were safe, Hoya pulled me into his arms and I cried.

“Oh my god. Tell me this is just a dream.” I whimpered.

Hoya rubbed my back.

I thought about all those times Hyungshik saved me. From the vamp-tramp in my apartment to my broken heart. Even if it was only for one night, he made me feel better when Hoya didn't. What had I given him in return? Nothing. I sobbed more as I thought of Hyungshik's smiling face. Why did it have to be like this?

Soon, it became all too much for me and I fainted.

 

Once I woke up, I heard a lady speaking into an intercom. I sat up and looked around. I was in an airport. I looked to my side and Hoya was looking out the window, watching the planes leave. He didn't notice I had gotten up.

“Hoya...” I whispered.

He turned to me. “You're up? How are you feeling?”

“Like crap. How did we get here?”

“Once we left, I got signal on my phone. Thank God I turned it off for the past week, or else it would've been out of battery. I called the members, they were pissed because of the time difference...but they sent someone from Korea to pick us up. The flight doesn't come til tomorrow. So I guess we'll be sitting here for the night.”

“How pissed was Sunggyu?”

“Don't even get me started.”

I smiled a sad smile and he wrapped an arm around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

 

It was silent as we watched the little kids run by, and the business men chat away on their Blackberry's.

I suddenly remembered why we were here. That cruel family...that isolation. And Hyungshik. He had sacrificed his life for me. I buried my face into Hoya's chest and cried silently. If I could turn back time I would've appreciated Hyungshik more for everything he did. But it was too late now...far too late.

Hoya didn't say anything. Besides, there wasn't much to say anyways.

“I'm sorry.” he finally spoke up.

I'm glad he tried, but those words couldn't bring Hyungshik back.

Nothing could.

Then I thought about Hyungshik's last words, I love you.

He never really got the chance to say it.

 

================

OMG SERIOUSLY!! WHY DO I DO THIS?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?!