Chapter 17

The First Vamp-Dol

 

It was silent in the room, and it was extremely awkward.

Finally the doctor walked in, causing the awkwardness to die down a bit. All of our bodies relaxed slightly from being all tensed up. Hyungshik and I had explained to the doctor Hoya's condition. She was shocked at first but we all know this would have had to happen another time.

Hoya went to the hospital bed as Hyungshik stood up and walked over to me.

“You must be Hoya-sshi? I'm Doctor Choi.”

Hoya bowed to her.

“I'm just going to do a normal check-up.” she told him. He nodded. She checked his heartbeat, pulse, eyes, and blood pressure.

“Everything's normal. I'll be back in a bit.” she said and left.

 

Everything was silent again. I couldn't stop staring at Hoya, who couldn't stop glaring at Hyungshik, who couldn't stop staring at me. Eventually I just walked out of the room. The tension was too much.

Hyungshik followed me. “Where are you going?” he asked, grabbing my wrist.

“Just to take a breather.” I said.

He chuckled. “I have to admit, it's pretty awkward in there.”

“Thank god...I thought I was the only one.” I said.

“I'll try to talk to him and stuff if it's making you uncomfortable.” he told me.

“No, then you'll be uncomfortable.”

“Yeah, but it's a lot less uncomfortable if we're actually talking.”

I nodded.

 

We went back into the room and Hoya was on the phone talking to Dongwoo.

“Yah, I told you I'll be home soon. Stop yelling. Just tell Sunggyu hyung to calm the down and take a chill pill. I'm not going to be late for the schedule tomorrow I promise. Hopefully by then I'll be cured, or at least on the road to be. Okay, bye. And tell Myungsoo to stop leaving his bloody band-aids around...drives me crazy.” he hung up.

“What's wrong?”

“We got scolded today for being late to the schedule because of me, so Sunggyu hyung is like flippin' that I'm out again.”

“Oooh~” Hyungshik and I said in unison.

Hoya raised an eyebrow but then got up and walked to me.

 

“I'm bored. Let's go somewhere.” he said.

“No way. We have to stay here.”

Hoya pouted. “Jaebal~” he said using aegyo.

“Even if you guys went somewhere, the fans will catch you. Especially Joo Eun's...her fans are the scariest.” Hyungshik said, shuddering.

“No one asked you.” Hoya glared.

I hit him. “Stop. Don't talk to my creator like that.”

“What creator s his own creation?!”

“Hoya!”

“Actually a lot. 30% of creators get married to their creation for your information! Plus, since you two are together, I'm sure one day you will.” Hyungshik argued.

“We don't count. I was her mate before I changed.”

“And who's your mate?”

Hoya stayed silent. Oh god, he went there...

“That's what I thought. If you loved her you would have mated with her.”

Hoya pointed to the door.

“Leave.”

“No.”

“Hoya...stop.” I pleaded.

“You can come back in a minute. I just need to talk to her in private.” Hoya explained.

Hyungshik looked at me before hesitantly leaving.

 

“Holy crap, he annoys me.” Hoya sighed.

“I don't plan for you two to get along, but just don't fight, please?”

Hoya kissed me lightly on the lips. “No matter how much I want to literally rip his throat out, I won't. Because I love you.”

“I love you too.” I leaned up to kiss him again.

“I promise that the second I'm cured, I'm mating with you. I don't want to risk hurting you. Then after that nothing, and I mean nothing, can tear us apart.”

I nodded and smiled.

 

There was a knock on the door.

“The doctor is coming.” Hyungshik's voice said.

I pushed Hoya to the bed and opened the door.

Hyungshik and Doctor Choi walked in with two other nurses and closed the door behind her. She looked at her watch.

“It's almost sundown.”

Hoya looked around. “Why are you guys here?” he pointed to the other two.

“Just in case you do anything reckless. We need people to hold you down.” she explained.

I could tell Hoya was getting kind of scared. I took his hand. “I'll be here.”

He nodded.

Hyungshik walked to the window. “It's down.” he told us.

The room turned silent. The doctor was examining Hoya's eyes with a light. I saw how they were slowly turning red. Hoya dashed for the door but Hyungshik was already guarding it.

 

Hyungshik smirked and shook his finger at him. “Nuh uh...you're not going anywhere.”

Hoya hissed and turned around. The two other nurses quickly grabbed Hoya by the arms and pinned him to the bed.

Doctor Choi grabbed a Type O pouch and pushed the plastic rectangle to his fangs and he drank. He seemed to calm down a little as he finished it. The nurses let go and I nervously bit my lip.

“So how are you feeling Hoya-sshi?” the doctor casually asked, scribbling some notes on her clipboard.

“Who are you ask?” he scoffed and looked away.

She raised an eyebrow at him before turning to me.

“You guys are together, right?” she asked me.

I nodded.

“Help him remember himself.” she said.

I slowly walk over to him. His eyes pierced into mine.

“Hoya...”

“What?” he snapped.

I grabbed his face and kissed him on the lips. I pulled away slightly and whispered, “Don't forget yourself.”

I leaned back and noticed his face had softened a little.

 

Doctor Choi walked to the other side of the bed, checked his pulse, blood pressure and eyes.

“I'll ask again. Hoya-sshi, how are you feeling?”

“Angry...irritated...thirsty.” he listed keeping his eyes closed. He looked determined. Once he opened his eyes, they were red again. The doctor blinked in surprise.

“Already...? Impossible.” she whispered.

Hoya leaped for the door again. The two nurses struggled to bring him back to the bed.

“Let me go!” he yelled.

Once he reached the bed, Doctor Choi stuck a needle in his leg, causing him to fall asleep instantly.

She sighed and wrote some more stuff on her clipboard.

“So what's wrong with him?” I asked her.

“I'm not exactly sure yet. This is quite extreme. I don't know if there will be an absolute cure for this, but I'll get back to you on that. For now I need to run some tests. We'll keep him here til tomorrow. You can stay if you'd like.” she said. “Do you mind if I...?” she gestured to his hair.

I shook my head. She pulled out a strand of his hair before disappearing out of the room, the two nurses following closely behind.

"Looks like I gotta call Sunggyu..." I sighed and pulled out my phone, dreading the phone conversation ahead of me.

 

=============

I'm seriously spazzing over Hoya's rapping in Wheesung's song right now. MMM MMM...he's too hott for his own good...

And I'm spazzing over Hyungshik's aegyo during the Here I Am perfs. GAHHH.

Someone please take me to Korea. I'm begging you. PLEASE.

Anyways....please comment. :D