Chapter 11

The First Vamp-Dol

 

Noon came around and I sat next to Hoya, making sure he was warm enough.

Soon there was a knock on the door.

I opened the door and 6 boys piled into my apartment. They rushed to Hoya.

“What happened to him?” Sungjong asked.

I bit my lip.

They all turned to me when I wouldn't speak.

“He's sick...” I answered.

“We can see that.” Myungsoo said.

Sunggyu walked over to him.

“Is that a bite mark?” he asked me. He was surprisingly calm.

“You see, me and Hoya are mated.” I told them.

Dongwoo jumped up and down.

“I knew it! I knew it! I told you!” he pointed to Sungyeol.

“Hyung, shut up!”

“Since when?” Sunggyu asked.

“Since our first practice.”

“Hoya...that mischievous little...” Woohyun muttered.

 

“That doesn't explain why he's sick like this though.” Sungjong pointed out.

“He's changing.”

“WHAT?” they all yelled.

“We ran into some bad vampires yesterday and they bit him. If I didn't change him, then he would've died.”

They all looked at Hoya sympathetically.

“How long until...?” Myungsoo's voice trailed off.

I shrugged. “It depends on the person. It might be a couple of days.”

Silence took over.

“I'm sorry...I shouldn't have suggested we go there yesterday.” I apologized.

Sungyeol walked up to me. “It's okay. Don't beat yourself up because of this. You didn't know this would happen. We're just grateful that you saved his life. And Hoya...he likes you, a lot. He doesn't shut up about you. He even says your name in his sleep. It might be better for him if he's like you.” he put his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled.

Sunggyu picked up his phone and called their manager to cancel their schedules for the next couple of days.

My eyes widened.

“Our fellow brother is going through this, we have to be there for him, right?” Sunggyu explained.

My eyes watered at the love they all have for Hoya. I wished someone was there for me when I was changed.

 

The next day Infinite came over and helped me with Hoya all day. One second he wouldn't stop sweating, the next he wouldn't stop shivering. Sungyeol and Woohyun were great at getting whatever I needed. The others just witnessed the scene in front of them and tried to calm Hoya down when he'd randomly scream in pain. He still hasn't woken up and I was starting to get worried if he'd ever change. And even if he'd change, would he be normal?

At the end of the day, Infinite decided to spend the night at my apartment. Even though they know I don't need to sleep, they still insisted they stay, just in case something happens.

We were all getting ready to sleep when we heard a low, croaked voice.

“Joo Eun...where are you?” we all turned to the voice. It was Hoya.

Everyone exchanged glances and quickly ran to his side. I got there first of course.

“Hoya?” I said.

“Joo Eunnie? Saranghae...”

I smiled. “I love you too.” I whispered.

I heard someone make a gagging noise from behind me.

I stared at his face and I started to notice his features were changing. His nose became more defined and his lips were curvier and slightly thicker. His jawline was more sharp as well, making his face longer.

 

After minutes of nothing, we all stood up. But then suddenly his eyes shot open. He sat up and looked around.

“Hoya!” Woohyun yelled.

I looked at his eyes and they were bright red. I noticed his eyes got bigger too. He got even more handsome. I didn't even know that could be possible.

Hoya looked around at all of our faces. I could see him sniff the air.

“He's thirsty...” I whispered.

They all were slowly starting to step back. Now's the chance to find out what's his favorite.

Hoya's eyes stopped at Myungsoo and he his lips.

“Myungsoo...what type are you?”

“O.” he answered. Just like me. But Myungsoo's blood probably smells much more appealing than mine.

“Are any of you type O?”

“Just Myungsoo.”

Hoya stood up.

“Myungsoo, go hide in the bathroom on the count of three. 1, 2, 3!” I said and he ran for it.

I ran to grab Hoya but he's more of a new born than me, so he was faster.

Hoya was on top of Myungsoo with his fangs out. He hissed at Myungsoo.

“Hoya hyung! It's me Myungsoo! L! I'm from Infinite. 178 cm! Born on March 13! Vocalist! Face of the group! Don't you remember me?!” He even started to sing a line from their song.

I rolled my eyes at the pointless biography he was giving Hoya.

“He remembers you! He's just so thirsty he can't think straight!”

“Do something!” Sungjong panicked as Hoya was leaning in for Myungsoo's neck.

I sped up to Hoya and pinned him to the wall. As a reflex he went for my neck. I tilted my neck so he'd miss.

 

“Someone grab the blood pouch in the fridge!” I yelled. I knew this would happen, so I went to the clinic and bought one last night.

Everyone exchanged glances.

Hoya was getting more aggressive.

“Hurry! Someone!”

Sunggyu quickly ran to the fridge and picked up the pouch. He examined it and handed it to me. There was a plastic rectangle on it for the fangs. I broke the plastic with my fangs before shoving it into Hoya's mouth. I made sure his fangs went into the plastic. I felt his body relax and he sank to ground clutching onto the blood pouch.

“That must be gross cold.” I said. “But it's better than nothing I suppose.”

I turned around and Myungsoo was still on the ground with his eyes widened.

“Are you really that strong?” he asked me.

I nodded.

“I want to be a vampire...” he whispered. I gave him a look.

The others had their mouths wide open. I guess they've never seen vampire action in real life before.

“Did you see that?! He was so fast! Then she was like VROOOM!” Dongwoo yelled and started play fighting as vampires with Sungyeol.

Sungjong walked up to Myungsoo and helped him up.

Woohyun walked up to Sunggyu. “Are you okay, hyung?”

He nodded. “Are you okay?” he asked me.

“Yeah.” I said looking down at Hoya, who was almost done with the pouch.

 

I kneeled down in front of him. He gazed at me with big eyes and looked around. I smiled. He was like a new born baby. He was probably getting used to his new eyes, nose, and ears.

“How are you?” I asked.

He stood up. “What happened?” his fangs were pushed back in now. He looked a lot more calm.

“Those vampires bit you. You were dying, so I had no choice but to change you.”

“Whoa...I have like HD vision.”

I nodded. “That's a perk.”

He looked at me and smiled. He lifted me up and spun me around.

“I'm like you now!”

I grinned and kissed him. He tasted like type A. I think that's what the pouch was. He looked at Myungsoo. “Mianhe...you smell good. I guess I like O.” he leaned down and sniffed me too.

Myungsoo lifted a hand. “It's okay hyung.” he rubbed his back.

I smelled him and he still smelled the same. It actually worked. He's actually like me now. And my venom is in him. Now our bond is stronger and nothing will tear us apart.

“How do you feel? Is everything okay now? Do you feel normal?” I asked him, making sure nothing went wrong with the change.

He nodded. “I feel great!”

Little did we know, he was far from great, and even farther from normal.

 

============

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM MYUNGSOOOOOO! :D he's...19...or 20 in korean age. *cries* so much older than me. =___=

comments are wonderful!