Chicken=Enemy?

❦ ☪❦ Inevitable Vacation[Apply Closed] ❦☪❦

 

Minju POV:

The night wasn't that special. We didn't talk to each other. I didn't know if it was because he was tired or he was upset. I didn't talk because I felt that I should be myself around him. It's not my fault I'm naturally a quiet person. The worst part is, I couldn't even sleep. Onew was busy snoring or talking about chicken. Chicken this. Chicken that. He should just train chicken to be a singer. I sighed, and looked at the clock. It was still 3:00 AM. What am I going to do?

I went into the bathroom to get changed. I searched for my phone and the room key. That's all that I needed for now. I walked out the door and decided to go for a little walk around the garden. There was no one where which made me grateful. Sometimes I loved the feeling of being alone. There were lights on that I was also grateful for. All of the plants in the garden were roses, which made me think of my unnies.

I hope they're going better than I am right now. I stopped in front of the white roses and began to cry. I believe that I was meant to be here. I just felt as if me and Onew together just weren't suitable. After all, there are those kinds of people in the world right? The tears kept falling, no matter how many times I tried to stop them. What's wrong with me?

Onew POV:

I felt hungry, so I woke up early. I took a quick shower first, when I stepped outside and noticed that Minju wasn't in the room. Where could she have gone? Before panicking, I quickly got dressed and looked at the places I thought she would be. First, the lobby. Then the pool. But she wasn't there. I was slowly getting worried, and walked into the garden. Maybe she's here?

I walked deep into the garden, and still I couldn't find her. I stumbled upon the white roses that were silent and saw a girl crying. I bent down next to her, the top of her head. "Excuse me miss, are you alright?" Her hair was smooth and undeniably healthy. What does she use? I should ask her. She still didn't lift her head. Should I comfort her? The girl lifted up her head, and I saw that it was Minju.

"Minju-ah, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She turned her head away from me. I hugged her, although I don't know why. Something about her just wanted me to protect her. I constantly looked at her until she made eye contact with me. I said sternly "Minju-ah, what's wrong?" She smiled. I wonder if it's fake. " I just miss my parents that's all."

Minju POV:

It's true. I didn't lie. It's just that was only half the truth. I began to wipe my tears with my hands because I didn't have a napkin. Then Onew oppa grabbed my hand, making me scared at first, when I realized his other arm was around me. "Don't worry. I'll wipe it for you." He said. He took out a handkerchief and wiped away my tears. "Please don't cry, it makes me sad whenever you cry." I was so grateful for him. Maybe we could finally work hard together.

"Thank you, oppa." I hugged him unexpectedly, and when I looked up at him I could tell he was surprised. He stayed silent, and a smile drew across his face. I smiled too. He said "Let's stay like this for a while." We must've stayed there for a while. We even saw the sunrise together. He let go of the hug and said "I'm sorry if we didn't start off well. It was my fault. I should've treated you better. Would you forgive me?" I nodded. "Sure."

Onew POV:

I started to get hungry, and my stomach growled. Minju must've heard it, because she was giggling almost nonstop. She's so pretty when she smiles. "Oppa, you're hungry?" She asked me. I nodded and gave her one of my famous smiles. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry. Do you want to eat breakfast now?" She shook her head. "No, I'm not hungry. You can eat by yourself if you want to. I'll wait for you in the room."

How can she say that? I puffed my cheeks. "Actually, I'm not eating if you're not eating." She gasped and said "But oppa, you have to eat if you're hungry. What would you do if you got a stomachache?" I shook my head. "Then I'll get a stomach ache. I'll just eat some medicine in order to take care of it. But you don't really want your oppa to go through that right?" She shook her head. "Then, eat with oppa okay?"

She gave me a long hug and said "Okay oppa, I'll eat with you." I picked her up when she was sitting down and carried her bridal style. "Then.. What would you like to eat?" She shrugged. "I don't know what to eat. I'm not craving anything. Actually most of the time I don't crave anything so people have to make the decisions for me most of the time." I sighed. "You silly girl, how could you not know?" We both laughed. "Alright. Then, would you like to eat Western food?"

Minju POV:

Western food? Most certainly! I miss it so much. I nodded, returning to my quiet self. At least for a while. While we were heading up the room, I asked "Oppa, why are you carrying me this way? You can put me down you know." He said "Okay. You were getting kind of heavy anyway." He set me down as he was saying it, and I slapped him playfully. He laughed.

We went up to the room and freshened up. I finished first, and waited for him outside the door. He came out and said "So you were outside  here. I researched online and there is a cafe near here. Would you like to go there? I heard that they have the best waffles." Wah! I love waffles!  "I would be happy to go there." He purchased a map from the general store downstairs and we started walking.

The people there recognized Onew just as I had expected so I distanced myself away from him as much as possible. I definitely didn't want to get caught in something ugly. Every time I would look over, I'd see him fight his way through the crowd and sometimes stopping to give autographs. It'll be our turn soon to have fans rushing up to us. He looks so happy. I walked farther ahead of him, noticing the cafe in an instant.

Onew POV:

I was busy signing autographs and fighting through the crowd when I noticed Minju wasn't next to me anymore. Where could she have possibly gone? I turned to some fans around me and asked them "Did you see the girl that was next to me before?" They nodded and kept asking him for a hug, autographs or even to marry them. I never noticed this before but sometimes fans can be really annoying. I forced on a smile. "Then if you saw her, do you happen to know where she went?" They shook their heads saying "Oppa we don't know where she went. But should we go somewhere together?"

I replied "I'm sorry I can't go anywhere with you. I need to find her." I pushed my way through and some fans resisted, grabbing onto parts of my clothing and begging me to stay. I finally got through after much difficulty. I tried to look for the cafe because I guessed she was there. I ran forward and there she was, looking down at the ground. I hugged her, asking "Why did you go ahead without me? Didn't you know how worried I was?"

She shook her head at me, and said "I'm sorry oppa, I didn't mean to make you worry. It's just that so many girls were around you that I didn't want to get in the way." I sighed. She really is a silly girl. I think she is innocent and thinks too much. Completely opposite of me. "Ah, that's understandable." What are you saying Onew you can't understand her all that well right now. "Well, shall we go eat?" I asked as I opened the door for her.

Minju POV:

We went inside the cafe and I ordered coffee like always. Onew pursed his lips. "How can someone so young like you be drinking coffee? Isn't really bad for you?" I stuck my tongue out at him. "Well oppa, back at home I was taking advanced classes that would leave me doing homework until the wee hours of the morning. I needed coffee. Now it became my addiction." He mouthed an "oh" and shrugged it off.

It took the waitress a while to notice him, and when she did, she said "You're Onew from SHINee!" He sheepishly smiled at her. "Yes I am." She nodded and said "Wait right here. I'll give you something special." She turned to me. "And miss, I'll be back with your coffee in just a moment." It wasn't long before she gave me my coffee, but Onew's food wasn't out yet. A few minutes later while I was sipping my coffee, she was about to set down a tray of fried chicken. I spit out the coffee from shock and Onew just wiped it off. "Oh I'm so sorry!" I said. He just replied "It's okay, you're probably just shocked right?" Well yes I am shocked.

He ate his chicken without speaking to me. I finally realized chicken had the power to do that to him. Whenever chicken is around him it's like I don't even exist. I kept sipping my coffee until it was all done. By that time Onew still wasn't done and I felt a bit tired. So I asked for more coffee while I went to the restroom. Minju, if you drink anymore coffee, you'll end up being really hyper later.

I walked outside the restroom and the coffee was already there. Onew still wasn't done which made me sigh. This time when I was done with my coffee he was done too. Finally!

Onew POV:

I finally ate chicken for the day. It never fails to cheer me up. I looked up from eating chicken and asked Minju "So, what do you think we should do now?" She smirked at me. Why does it seem like she has something up her sleeve? "Minju-ah, why are you smirking at me like that?" She didn't respond, but her smirk grew bigger. "Come on Minju-ah tell oppa what's on your mind." She shook her head and said "Give me your hand, we're going somewhere cool." I have a bad feeling about this.

She took my hand and I paid the bill first before leaving. She was walking at a rapid pace, which made me feel nervous. Where exactly is she taking me? The direction we were going was towards the hotel, but we ended up passing it. "Minju-ah, the hotel is back that way." She just smiled. "I know oppa. We're not going to the hotel just yet."

We walked further and further until it seemed like we were getting lost. "Minju-ah, are you sure we're not lost?" She shook her head. "I know we're not lost. I know where I'm going." At that moment I was afraid to keep following her. Eventually we arrived in front of some stairs. "Minju-ah, what is this?" She smirked again. "We're going to climb this." "What?!"

I couldn't protest whatsoever. She dragged me all the way to the top which actually had a nice view of the hotel and the place we were staying. When I looked at the view I said "I'm so tired. Why did you make me go up these set of stairs?" She too was looking at the view when she turned her back to me. "You're tired because you ate too much chicken." she said in a weird tone. "What do you mean by that?" She said "You like chicken a lot. And when you eat it it's like nothing exists besides chicken." Oh.. I hugged her from behind. "But what if I like you more than I like chicken?"