Past

One Night to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stared at her back moving farther away from him. No, it couldn’t be true. He stayed glued on his spot unable to move. He wanted to run after her and force the truth out of her. He couldn’t make himself believe that what she just told him were true.

He stared blankly ahead. He recalled how his life turned completely upside down in just half – a –day. Things were perfectly fine yesterday – just like how it has been for eight months now. Then, this – all of a sudden, his world crumbles. Yoona left her. She dropped the news on him and fled, not even giving him an explanation. What? Am I not good enough? Does she not love me?

Thoughts lingered in his mind. He doesn’t understand how he’s feeling. I’m supposed to be angry right? She freaking slept with someone else! He wanted to scream and punch or break something but no matter how much he wanted, he couldn’t bring himself to get angry at Yoona for he loves her that much! Are you crazy Jiyong?

“Are you crazy, Jiyong?” he was startled by the voice he heard. He thought he had voiced out loud his thoughts but as he turned around, he found a fuming and glaring Dara.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara just came out from her class. She’s on her way to have her late lunch. She was trailing down the hallway leading to the school’s cafeteria when she saw him again, being lost in his senses, standing in the middle of their school grounds.

What now? Why is he being like that? Argh! When can I stop being concerned about him? He already made his choice and he’s living with it.

Frustrated with herself, Dara marched to the cafeteria, stomping her feet. She felt agitated seeing her ex-best friend like that but what really drives her crazy is the fact that she couldn’t do anything about it.

Clearly……. He wants nothing to do with me. Why on earth would I stress myself thinking about helping him? Aiiiishht! I hate this!

She grumpily ate her lunch, still trying very hard to keep her mind off of the person standing mindlessly outside.

You’re having lunch, Dara; and afterwards, you’ll go back to your room and attend the remaining of your classes. She said to herself as calmly as she could.

“Aisht!” her two curled fists slammed hard on her table as she stood up and went out the cafeteria. She couldn’t take it anymore. Damn it, Jiyong. You don’t have the right to be like this! You don’t!

She found herself darting toward where Jiyong was standing. He was staring blankly ahead, probably still lost in trance.

“Are you crazy Jiyong?” she shouted for his attention. She saw his shoulders jerk up a bit, clearly startled from the sudden intrusion to his thoughts. He turned around, curious as to who that ‘intruder’ was.

Tears immediately fell down on his cheeks as he saw Dara in front of him. This was what he needed – a familiar face, a friend; no – his best friend. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight as he cried his eyes out on her shoulders.

The once fuming Dara calmed down. She placed a hand and caressed his back. She didn’t even know now why she was angry in the first place. All she wanted to do now is comfort him and make sure he’s alright.

(Dara PoV)

Why is he crying? Isn’t this a little too much of an overreaction? He said they were fine yesterday. So I really don’t get it, why he’s crying like this. They couldn’t have broken up.  

“Why? What happened?” I managed to ask.

“Sh… She… She b..brr.. broke up… with me” he said in between his sobs.

What? Yoona! How… How dare… Argh!

“Huh? Why would she do that?”  REALLY!!! Why would she?  I felt myself tremble from feeling angered by what he just told me. They were fine yesterday. A day hasn’t even passed and yet, they already broke up. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter