I Love You

One Night to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiyong-ssi” she called as she walks closer to the frustrated guy.

“Ah… Yoona-ssi” he forced a smile at her, waiting…

There was a moment of awkward silence as the two faced each other. He bowed his head, reluctant to look at her, who also seemed shy in approaching.

“Thank you Yoona… for what you did awhile ago…” he began. “It would have been a mess if you had not shown…” he said, looking straight into her eyes, sending across his sincerity to the girl.

“You don’t have to thank me, Ji… besides, I had fun on stage with you” she answered back with a smile.

The awkwardness between them that was evident at first had slowly gone away as the two continued talking - saying how they enjoyed singing with each other. They sighted people present in the event, making fun of and laughing at some random things they see.

After a while…

“Jiyong-sii” she said in a more serious tone, making the guy wonder what had gone wrong.

“Hmm?” he looked back at her with confusion.

“It’s been a while…” she said hesitantly, bowing her head again - scared to see his expression. “I just… this… I missed it.” she said looking him in the eye for a brief moment before looking down once again.

He can’t help but smile seeing her flushed face as she admitted those words and told him. He did miss it too. It seemed, for him, like it was only yesterday that they were talking freely like this, with their hands intertwined.

He reached for her face and made her look at him. She was hesitant and refuses to look at his eyes at first but then, she saw him smile. It warmed her heart, seeing Jiyong giving her that genuine smile. It was all she could ever hope for, after everything she had done.

(Jiyong POV)

She was very nervous talking to me, telling me how she missed the times we were together like this. It’s been some time since I’ve thought about Yoona. My mind has been occupied by another person that I haven’t thought of her in a while.

Seeing her again made me think and recall the times we’ve shared. We were really happy and I loved her truly. But then, in my recollection, comes the very reason why we’re standing here just recalling the memories instead of creating more…

She cheated on me. And now, this is all we’ve got – a moment to recall and look back to how it was before.  I reached for her face and made her look at me. I can see how she’s trying to avoid looking at me but I still gave her a smile. I smiled because I miss her. I missed her and I really loved being with her.

You know, I would have regretted it – us breaking up. But to be honest, I don’t. I don’t because although breaking up with her tore me apart, it made me realize even greater things. Ending the relationship with Yoona made me realize that I am capable of loving someone even more. It made me realize that I can still be whole again and feel more complete than ever.

I smiled at her because I was thankful. Being in a relationship with her taught me a lot of things. I am a better man now and I must admit she held a big part in making it happen.

“I missed this too, Yoona. I missed you”

(Dara POV)

I missed this too Yoona, I missed you… The words keep ringing in my ears as I recall the scene I had witnessed when I came back to look for him.

*FLASHBACK*

I walked out and breathed the air as I calm myself from the disappointment I feel. How could Jiyong think that way about me? I sighed.

On the other hand, I really was at fault too… I shouldn’t have lost my cool back there. I should’ve understood how he felt. Besides, I really wasn’t there when I was supposed to. Instead of walking away, I should have explained things to him.

Right. I should just go back and tell him what happened. I should tell him too about what I think of Yoona, being the person behind my mischief... Maybe because he was thankful that she was there to save his that he didn’t even notice how timely she appeared and that it was so weird that Yoona knew the words to the song that only the two of us knows.

I breathed in deep once more and turned back to talk to him. From afar, I could already recognize his figure - his figure that is with another person.  As I came closer, I began to recognize her too. Jiyong and Yoona are talking with each other – smiling and laughing like nothing had ever happened between them.

A pang of jealousy swarmed over me but I held back. I had no right after all. I haven’t even told him I love him.

I came closer to where they were but mana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter