Stupid

One Night to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara stared at the passenger seat of the car and saw him slumped, almost lifeless, looking out the window and staring blankly ahead. His cry the life out of him that Dara had to kind of carry him to his car. In his state, he wouldn’t be able to drive so she decided to take him to his home.

Jiyong… don’t be like this. You can get past this. It’s just a girl. It’s not worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Dara POV)

We arrived at his house and I had to literally drag him out of his car. I have never seen him like this before. His expression is blank which makes it harder for me to know what to do. Even if I had been his best friend for the longest time, this is relatively new to me. He has never been this way.

“Come on Ji… Pull yourself together. You’re heavy, you know.”

With his arm clinging on my shoulder and my hand supporting his waist, I led him in front of his doorstep.

“Where are your keys Ji?” I asked but to no avail. Aisht! Am I assisting a drunken person? Or someone dead perhaps?  I am a bit irritated now. I know he’s devastated and all but, really, does he need to act this way? Yoona! This is all your fault. No… This is your fault Jiyong, you…. Aisht!  I went back to the car to try to look for his keys.

I looked around the car when my vision passed by the digital clock. It’s past 6 already. OMO! 6pm! Taeyang must’ve been looking for me. I fumble through my purse to look for my phone and true enough, 17 voice messages…

“Is your class over? I’m in front of your school now”

“Ya! I thought you wanted me to pick you up? What’s taking you so long?”

“Are you home? I’m on my way there now. You should have told me you left school already”

“Dara! Where are you? You’re not yet home… And… Why aren’t you picking up my calls?”

“Hey, I’m really worried now. Call me!”

I panicked as I hear his messages. I’m screwed. I pressed for Taeyang’s number and he quickly answered after the first ring.

“Babe? Where are you? I tried calling you. Why aren’t you picking up?” his worried voice was evident from the other end of the line.

“I’m sorry babe; something happened that’s why I was out of reach. I’m over at Jiyong’s place right now” I explained.

 “Oh… Okay, I’ll head over there and pick you up” he told me. I turned around and faced the man by the doorstep staring blankly ahead. If I didn’t know he’s in trace, I could say he’s looking straight at me.

“I can’t leave him alone. I think it’s better if I stay with him tonight”

“Huh? Are you serious? You do know you’re staying at a guy’s house and that you two are alone right?” He raised his voice already. I smiled a bit, thinking of a jealous YoungBae. It made me feel like he cared.

“Babe, Jiyong really needs me right now.” I told him and then the line was quiet. He wasn’t speaking anymore. Clearly, he wasn’t into this idea.

“Bae? YoungBae? Are you still there? Please don’t be mad. I really just can’t leave him like this. He’s really down right now… His girlfr…” I tried explaining further but was cut off when the line went dead. He already dropped our call.

How can I get you to trust me Bae?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t find his keys in the car so I went back and checked on his pockets. I found his house keys and irritated as I was, I opened the door and dragged him in.

“Ow!” I heard his voice finally. Ow?! I looked at him with confusion and I was shocked at what I saw. I realized that with my dragging him, he hit his forehead on the door’s edge.

“Omo! Your head’s bleeding.” I sat him on to the couch and quickly rushed to his bathroom where he kept his first aid kit.

I sat in front of him as I took a cotton swab, and cleaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter