Send Off

One Night to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One by one, guests started to arrive. Students, faculty and administrators made up the complete attendance for the send-off party. The place was decorated accordingly with shades of green and yellow. Soothing music can be heard amongst the walls of the function hall and blinding lights have illuminated the entirety of the venue.

A stage had been set-up for where the MC would begin the program. Atop the stage was a live band playing songs that filled the air. People moved along with the rhythm of the sounds as they waited for the place to fill up. Some gather round the buffet table, picking up bites to eat just to kill time.

Among that very crowd, she stands, waiting and anticipating the coming event. She had prepared for this. All this time, she kept her distance but never missed a day tracking on their every move. You may call her crazy for she thinks she’d end up like one if this wouldn’t pull off.

She recalled her plan over and over again as she looks around, finding her target. They haven’t arrived yet, giving her more time to polish and fully establish her plan for tonight. She walks around like normal, smiling at people who pass her by. After some time, when people began to settle, marking the start of the program, she went backstage where she decided to wait.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ya! What’s taking you so long? We’re already late, you know?” he grumbled, calling his best friend, wanting her to move even faster yet only adding pressure to the rattled girl.

“Okay… Okay... Okay… Can you just stop screaming like a maniac? I’m coming down.” she shouted back, grabbing her purse and throwing in her makeup, perfume, cell phone and anything else she managed to pick up before rushing out the door.

As she rushed down the steps, he was holding his breath. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. She looked fierce and y at the same time. It was perfect – no other word could even describe how she looked except for that.

“Ya! This look took hours in preparation? You’ve got to be kidding me!” he teased masking how awed he was with her beauty.

“Shut up. I wasn’t that long, you just have patience matching that of a 4-year old wanting candy” she said, giving him a slap on the shoulders before finally heading for the car.

He chuckled at her continuous bickering throughout their drive. She just looks too adorable for him. He could stare at her all night if he just wasn’t driving. It was a short drive and they arrived at the venue 20 minutes later.

They were welcomed by their professor as they entered the hall. They both thought that she was actually waiting for them... and they were just about right!

“Both of you, haven’t I mentioned that the party is at 7? Why did you two come so late?” she asked with a slight worried look on her face. The two just bowed in deep apologies to the lady. “I assume you’re all prepared for your performance…” both nodded “… now settle yourself backstage. You’re about to perform soon”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Yoona POV)

I waited at a little corner of the chaotic backstage where people had been pacing back and forth. Every class major had their representatives for tonight but as I look around, Jiyong and Dara can still not be found.

I let out a sigh of irritation. It’s been 2 hours since the program started and a few students have already performed. There were only three more performances including theirs.

I was about to walk away and look for them amongst the crowd in the room when I heard footsteps coming near along with the familiar voices of the people I’ve been waiting for all night. I ran back to that little corner to hide as they settled themselves backstage, doing last minute rehearsals.

“Are you ready D-ah?” I heard him say. I saw her smile nervously at him as she nodded.

“Actually, I’m a little nervous. Did you see those people out there? That’s a lot Ji…” she said.

“You’ll do great, don’t worry about it... Just think about the times we went over and sang at KTVs. It was like a mini concert for us right? Let’s do that same thing here...” he said, sounding a little confident to encourage her.

She nodded and smiled at his efforts. They were really irritating to watch but then again, I wouldn’t dare keep my eyes off them – off her, to be exact. All I’m waiting for right now is the perfect opportunity to carry out my plan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter