Epilogue

One Night to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's about time I end this fic. I'm so sorry if it took me this long. Hope you didn't forget my story... Enjoy Reading and I hope you like this ending :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3 years later – a Man’s POV)

I sit here on a bench at an open park, staring blankly ahead, thinking… It has been 3 years and I wonder what had changed. I grabbed my stuff and went on to see her.

With a bouquet of flowers on one hand, I went through the door of the building where she currently lives. A lady greeted me and asked…

“This is the first time I’ve seen you here, are you to see someone?”

I nodded in reply. “It’s been a long time and I’m here now to see a friend. Can you please guide me to where Yoona is?”

“Oh! You’re here for Yoona? Ahh... It’s been a long time since she had visitors. Come on…”

My heart beats fast as I came closer to where she was. The lady led me to a room. Its doors were open and I could see her from outside. She was standing beside the window pane and was looking far out. I knocked softly at her door, enough to make her turn back and look at me.

She looked at me for a moment before turning away, going back to how she originally was – staring outside. I came closer and called her…

“Yoona-ssi… It’s me, Young-Gun… have you forgotten me?” I said and she turned to look at me again.

“I’m sorry to only visit now. You know how things are… These are for you.” I said as I handed her the flowers. She timidly took the flowers and walked past me to sit on her bed. She still wasn’t speaking. She smelled the flowers and a small smile crept from her face.

“That’s the most you can get from her, you know.” The lady who was with me earlier came once again. “Since she was sent here 2 and half years ago, she had never spoken to anyone and had made not much of an expression except that small smile you got just now.”

“Oh... I’ve had no news of her since 3 years ago… I just came back from somewhere and her location is the only thing I was informed about.”

The lady went out and I stared at Yoona for a while before walking towards her bed. I sat on her bedside, held her hand and gave it a soft kiss. She looked at me blankly.

“Yoona… I’m so glad to see you… and even if this is for the last time, I’m so happy.” I smiled at her. “I’ll always pray for you to be well… Goodbye Yoona… I wish you happiness.”

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before finally going out of the building. My eyes were teary and I struggle to fight the tears from falling. I could only blame myself.

Flashback

I can’t take this anymore… Why am I doing this?I kept on thinking about it while holding the paper containing Dara’s whereabouts. What has become of Yoona, wanting to get rid of Dara by killing her? What has become of me, following Yoona’s orders like a puppet even if it goes against my conscience?

“If you don’t kill her, I swear to god, I’ll find her and kill her myself”--- those are Yoona’s words that kept on ringing in my ears. I love her and this one-sided love has led me to this but no matter how I think about it, I couldn’t let her do this to Dara, Jiyong, or even Youngbae. Most especially, I wouldn’t let her do this to herself. Her plans is just going to ruin her and I love her this much to not let it happen.

With this in mind, I drove all the way to the address written in the paper. It’s a long way to Busan and I hope I won’t come too late.

I arrived in front of the house and I didn’t need any more clues to know that something’s going on. With fast movements, I stepped out of the car and rushed to the scene. As I get closer, I saw Jiyong, carrying Youngbae who looked as hell hurt but I couldn’t see Dara or Yoona anywhere. I know Jiyong saw me but I could only care less about that. I continued on just in time to see Yoona point the gun at Dara…

“No, Yoona. Don’t do it”. I scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter