The Other Side

One Night to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyang parked his car along a road just outside Dara’s school. He tried calling her but she wasn’t picking up. Her phone just kept on ringing until it reaches her voicemail. Where is she? Didn’t she say I pick her up?

He drove off and dropped by her house instead. Much to his dismay, Dara’s not even home yet. Now, where exactly are you, Dara? He was kind of irritated that he wasn’t able to reach his girlfriend but he was feeling a bit nervous too. What could have happened to her? He dialed her once again and left numerous messages on her voicemail.

Suddenly, his phone rang. He felt relieved seeing Dara’s name on the screen.

“Babe? Where are you? I tried calling you. Why aren’t you picking up?” his worried voice was evident from the other end of the line.

“I’m sorry babe; something happened that’s why I was out of reach. I’m over at Jiyong’s place right now” she explained.

What? Over at Jiyong’s place? I thought they already cut all ties between them. What is she doing there? “Oh… Okay, I’ll head over there and pick you up” he told her.

“I can’t leave him alone. I think it’s better if I stay with him tonight”

“Huh? Are you serious? You do know you’re staying at a guy’s house and that you two are alone right?” He raised his voice already. He thinks Dara doesn’t fully grasp what the situation implies.

“Babe, Jiyong really needs me right now.” She said to her boyfriend who wasn’t speaking anymore. Clearly, he wasn’t into this idea.

“Bae? YoungBae? Are you still there? Please don’t be mad. I really just can’t leave him like this. He’s really down right now… His girlfr…” She tried explaining further but was cut off when she heard a beeping sound. Taeyang already ended their call.

How can I get you to trust me? She said as she shook her head looking at her phone.

(Taeyang POV)

Jiyong.

It has always been Jiyong.

Since she transferred to that school, all she ever talks about is Jiyong. I just grew tired of hearing it over and over again. I tried to be an understanding boyfriend. I know that being new is hard and needs a lot of adjustments from her side but I really don’t get it why of all people to meet at her new school, it was Jiyong who became her best friend.

I drove all the way to Jiyong’s house. I’m really pissed right now. I wanted to just bust in there and drag my girlfriend out. I parked my car in front of his house and looked at them through his window. I could see Dara’s back facing me and Jiyong was in front of her, sitting on the couch.

I saw Dara’s face move closer to his. She tilted her head on the side and moved even closer. My grip on the steering wheel had become tighter.  Are they kissing?

I couldn’t bear to watch anymore. I pressed on the gas and sped off - away from that place. I stopped the car as pain filled my heart. I recalled the scene I just witnessed a while ago. I couldn’t help but blame myself though. I haven’t been the best boyfriend for her lately – or ever.

*FLASHBACK*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter